TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Road Trip To Barrett Jackson

Arrived last night in Scottsdale to hang out for a week. It’s car mania. My brother flies in from Missouri and we just have a great time.

This year we have a RV parked on site. Hopefully it shows up as planned.

Drove #50 from San Jose. 750 miles in 10 hours. Not a bad average speed. If I didn’t drink so much coffee it would have been faster. ;)

You really get to know your car when you get it out on the road for a while. Turned 14K miles on the way.

Random pit stop

photo_zps934ec905.jpg

Had to slow down for a while. :shift:

IMG_3820_zps5fc6ea82.jpg

I looked at that "40th". Lot 837. Even though though the description talks about a 40th upgrade I didn't see any evidence that work has been done.

It has no badging, no gauge pod and stock wheels. It's really weird. The car is all closed up with a light on inside to show the plastic that has not been removed from the seats. There was nobody around to talk to. If I get a chance I'll look again.

Even though though the description talks about a 40th upgrade I didn't see any evidence that work has been done.

It has no badging, no gauge pod and stock wheels. It's really weird.

Must be one of those "limited Edition" 40th models ! :lol: very limited !!!!

Sold for $49,500 commission included.

They did not mention the 40th upgrade while the car was on the block. They did mention power upgrades to 605 hp right at the end but the bidding was done by then. The engine bay was bone stock, there were not any upgrades done to this car that I could see.

Arrived last night in Scottsdale to hang out for a week. It’s car mania. My brother flies in from Missouri and we just have a great time.

This year we have a RV parked on site. Hopefully it shows up as planned.

Drove #50 from San Jose. 750 miles in 10 hours. Not a bad average speed. If I didn’t drink so much coffee it would have been faster. ;)

You really get to know your car when you get it out on the road for a while. Turned 14K miles on the way.

Random pit stop

photo_zps934ec905.jpg

Had to slow down for a while. :shift:

IMG_3820_zps5fc6ea82.jpg

It's nice that you let your brother drive your car so you could take the pic :lol:

Trip completed. We drove home to San Jose in 11 hours and 750 miles.

Our plan was to buy a car at Barrett and drive it home. We looked at Mustangs ( of course ) Camaros and Chevelles mainly. We did not rule anything out and were looking for something cool that we thought would make it home. We bid on a 1964 Nova wagon that was very solid but had the original 283 motor. I like original but driving that all the way home high revving would have been interesting. We tried for a gorgeous 69 Camaro but were out bid. We missed a nice 67 Mustang convertible because I was in the little boys room. Doh!

Anyway, we ended up with a 1972 Camaro Z28. Slightly resto-modded with GM 6.0 liter engine and auto tranny. It drove back great with no issues, rare for an auction car.

Our only problem was smoking back brakes after we pulled out of the parking lot with emergency brake on. :doh:

A little dusty in Scottsdale

photo_zpse8fcff24.jpg

Last gas stop 3 1/2 hours from home.

photo_zpsd6da262a.jpg

The parking lots at BJ were dust pits. Even though they watered them frequently, and sprayed some on my front fascia, mine was filthy after 4 days in the lot. I also tried to snag a bargain, but the '68 1/2 CJ I bid on was way over priced and I suspected some monkey business going on with the owner and bidder's assistants. When that little Amy Sparks crooks her finger by a bidder, I seemed to be the signal for "I got this guy hooked"……. :lol:

Archived