TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Must Have Mods For The 14? Missing? Suggestion?

pgodden

Ok getting close to placing an order with Revan racing on a few things, I have a list of Mods and Addons that I want to work on and am interested in feedback or MUST HAVE suggestions. Should be mentioned that The Beast is a Occasional fair weather car, I do not go to the track and spend a lot of time cleaning and detailing. I am shipping to Canada so the more in one shipment the cheaper the freight will be

Here is what I have in my wish list from Revan Racing

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 , no pulleys (wavering)

JLT Oil Separator Passenger Side (DONE)

LED 30w Fog Light Bulbs Bobs (received)

LED License plate bulbs Bobs (DONE)

LED Map Lights (DONE)

Billet Jacking Insert

Redline Tuning Quick Lift PLUS Hood Struts (DONE)

From True Forged

Satin Black Hood Heat Extractor (received)

The Shelbystore

Certificate of Authenticity (Arrived)

Shelby Dash Plaque (DONE)

To be sourced yet

MPSS tires

Floor mats from Lloyd

Roush Rear Side Splitters (received)

Roush Side splitters (received)

Jaeger Brother Front Stone Guards (received)

Other Mods

remove the clutch assist spring

I had thought about this one, I read some negative reviews though about instalation being difficult and the grill rattling a lot. What is your take?

Pgodden,

I bought this same one and found the installation kind of a pain. So much so that I ditched it. It comes with tabs that are double side taped (that didn't hold). It also comes with screws to hold down the those same zip-tie pads, but I didn't want to go making extra holes in the back side of the front-end screwing stuff into places that didn't already have holes there. I thought Idle-hour in a different thread mentioned that his was coming off around 150mph and sounded terrible, but I could be mistaken.

Mine is still sitting in the cabinet...

My 2 cents car has plenty of power so no need adding more until you can figure out a way to put it to the road but cosmectically here is what I did you may or may not find it usedful.

I did the LED fog lamps, it is a nice improvement cosmetically havent checked them out for function

Added the dead pedal, drove me nuts the car didnt come with one.. hell my 03 automatic cavalier has one

Matching shifter knob (will also need the sleeve)

Installed the front splitter

Front and rear cameras installed this way I dont run my front splitter into the curb or parking block

I bought the front grill and am waiting for that to come in, I also bought some paint as I plan to paint it ruby red so it flows with the rest of the car

bought side splitters and rear splitters to accent the front splitter and rear diffuser.

Putting on side scoups or 1/4 window louvers is a like perference, I like them so I installed them.

Have matte black fender hash marks to match the OEM hood and side stripes also have ford oval decal (just the outter oval and the word ford) in matte black to put on the bumber corners like the silver cobra jet has.

Lot of people complain about not hearing the whine of the supercharger so you can so a jlt carbon fiber intake (several options) or do the ford racing resonator eliminator to get some more noise.

Obviously everyone will have different opinions and tho the GT500's are rare id still like to be able to pick mine out of a crowd of them at any event!

Cbrbear

I did the LED fog lamps, it is a nice improvement cosmetically havent checked them out for function - Which ones did you do?

Added the dead pedal, drove me nuts the car didnt come with one.. hell my 03 automatic cavalier has one - I have no clue what a Dead Pedal is? I will look for info in the forum

Installed the front splitter - where did you get this?

Front and rear cameras installed this way I dont run my front splitter into the curb or parking block - interesting I will have to see about these

bought side splitters and rear splitters to accent the front splitter and rear diffuser. - where did you find these?

Putting on side scoups or 1/4 window louvers is a like perference, I like them so I installed them. - now this one is interesting, I looked at side louvers but was unsure as the color wouldn't match and was concerned about instalation, would love something on the quarter windows

I had thought about this one, I read some negative reviews though about instalation being difficult and the grill rattling a lot. What is your take?

I read the same reviews you did, but a possible $ 2500 repair bill convinced me it was worth a chance. If you follow the mfg. instructions, the install is a pain. I removed the upper grill surround for the top, which made it easy.

For the bottom, I wedged the top of the grill & used the factory tabs with ty-wraps.....................it does not rattle.

Upgrades in my opinion should be in this order:

1. suspension

2. brakes

3. driveline

4. cooling

5. Aero (if tracking the car)

6. HP if necessary

Everything else is aesthetic/creature comforts. Enjoy upgrading!

That was another person on another site, SVTP

I found it. It was on this site, not SVTP, but I was incorrect thinking it was you. It was Dubbs...

DubbsFaris, on 07 Jan 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:snapback.png

I removed mine. It will not stay in the grill above 150 for more than a few seconds. And the noise is horrendous.

I ordered these.I quess they are ok but i didn't like the way they mounted.Bit of a pain to install and my lower did not hold well.I think there has to be a better one come up on the market.Just my 2cents

Cbrbear

I did the LED fog lamps, it is a nice improvement cosmetically havent checked them out for function - Which ones did you do?

Added the dead pedal, drove me nuts the car didnt come with one.. hell my 03 automatic cavalier has one - I have no clue what a Dead Pedal is? I will look for info in the forum

Installed the front splitter - where did you get this?

Front and rear cameras installed this way I dont run my front splitter into the curb or parking block - interesting I will have to see about these

bought side splitters and rear splitters to accent the front splitter and rear diffuser. - where did you find these?

Putting on side scoups or 1/4 window louvers is a like perference, I like them so I installed them. - now this one is interesting, I looked at side louvers but was unsure as the color wouldn't match and was concerned about instalation, would love something on the quarter windows

The fog lamps there is a thread on this forum has pics of a grabber blue with them installed i got them off ebay from the place listed in that thread were 25 bucks and took 30 minutes to install just turn the wheel all the way to the side, you can easily take off the inner fender well plastic piece then boom swap them out.

The dead pedal I got from ebay shelbymustang something or other ID just do a search hes in palm springs CA. shipping was slow but yeah. Mines a 14 and it fit just fine though a lil wrestling with the carpet to get it in right. That took me probably 30 minutes to do kind of awkward positioning

The front splitter comes from ford in a box in the trunk of the car, they dont install them so it doesnt get damaged in shipping. its a 3 piece black plastic part that bolts underneath the front of the car and has these lil pita clips. I did this in the driveway with no ramps, was simple except the clips. Unless someone has a trick I recommend putting it on a lift and installing them right especially if you plan on hitting some serious high speeds. If you dont have it go back to the dealer, its not an accessory it comes with all 13/14 GT500's

If you have the nav system there are rearview mirrior replacements with camera's made by metra that is OEM replacement but I changed out my entire dash and have a pioneer 7" navi system with metra digital dash with touchscreen climate controls and display screen for texts! The pioneer deck allowed me to have both front and rear cameras. There is also an americanmuscle raxiom nav replacement that comes with rear camera if you dont have the nav system.

The side and rear splitters I found on latemodelrestoration website. The are "roush" parts or RTR but they fit on all mustangs. There are also rear splitters on ebay right now he will take 70 for them vice paying 95 from the website

The side scoups and louvers many come color matched so all you have to do is find out what style you like. Also Ford sells them color matched as genuine accessories I believe they are 395 each set.

Thanks everyone..... Perfect Great suggestions, gonna look into all of them over the next few days.... I got a question though, does anyone make or have Rear Window Louvers anymore..... I may be showing my age but.... I loved those on my 69 Mach 1

Thanks everyone..... Perfect Great suggestions, gonna look into all of them over the next few days.... I got a question though, does anyone make or have Rear Window Louvers anymore..... I may be showing my age but.... I loved those on my 69 Mach 1

Since you asked - yes I have a rear window louver ( metal one-never installed ) sitting in my garage that I would be happy to sell. PM me on it if interested.

if you google image search ive seen 4 different kinds between plastic and metal I think american muscle lists them along with latemodelrestoration but once you find one you like you should be able to find the manufacture pretty easily!

https://www.google.com/search?q=2014+gt500+rear+window+louvers&client=firefox-a&hs=AUG&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=HxTXUt77FOG8yAHFqoDQBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=707

I am having second thoughts about the Revan Racing 13-6 combo, if anyone wants to chime in with their input it would be welcome. I think it is fabulous to bolt on a substantial HP increase however I am concerned with voiding the warranty or getting myself in trouble with the dealer should I need them especially adding the high performance tune. I keep saying to myself that the car is a "Once in a while" drive and that it has ton of power already.

What is you guys thoughts on this? Am I worrying about nothing?

The other option is just the air intake, I think, no tune and no throttle body....

I am at the same stage you are. I am just going to do headers, no tune, for the same reasoning.

I m going to lower the car and go with a torque arm and watts link tho.

Changing the intake and headers may require a tune... you will want to research that to find out. My air intake requires the SCT tune, but it cleaned up the power band over stock which definitely had a few dead spots.

There is a lot of chatter on SVTP to that effect, though I chose the 13-6 and a Lund tune, then added headers and an H-Pipe with a lower pulley.

Im over 725 to the wheel kinds of happy. :-)

I say do the 13-6 and add the noisemakers. Then buy tires, keep it clean, maintain and enjoy vigorously. These cars should have no problem pushing that kind of power, if used, not abused.

I was thinking of adding the JLT 2010-2013 Shelby GT500 127mm Carbon Fiber Big Air Intake Kit, on its own. Would I have to do a Tune with that, surely that wouldn't effect the warranty? As I said above ultimately I will do the 13-6 Revan racing type MOD but I think bolt on Mods should be first off........

I guess if I do put on the big air intake the pricing will be higher to buy the other bolt on pieces at a later date

I have that intake for my '09 car and it does require a tune. I would imagine the same would hold true for your car. The tune helped clean up the powerband and was a noticeable improvement. Not to mention the carbon is a nice subtle touch. Contact JLT and ask them.

Archived