TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blackout Kits

GShelby09

I really wanna blackout the headlights and taillights and fog lights on my 2009 Shelby GT500 because I'm going to order the black racing stripe kite for it anybody know where I can get the blackout kits for the headlights and all?

Thanks Gman

Don't know where you live, but they are illegal in Texas. Yes fellow Texans, I know they sell them here, but look on the box or package. They should say for off road use only. Check your state laws, your mileage may vary.

I have been driving around AZ with blacked out taillights for about 3 years. Also been driving around SoCal and Las Vegas. Have never had problem YET with cops. you can still see my taillights just fine. My stock lights were sprayed with VHT and now my raxiom taillights are a smoked tint.

I had some on about 2007, upon close inspection, both headlight lenses had become heat crazed. I was lucky and had a service mgr that I had a great relationship with and he ordered new ones under warranty. I was pulled over in the middle of the day and given warnings about them. I love the way they look blacked out, but just not worth the hassle. I've still got a set up headlight tint I haven't put on. I will look through my receipts and see if I still have the info. If so. I'll edit this with contact info.

Happen to run across this tonight: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Shelby-GT500-07-09-Headlight-Fog-Light-Perforated-Tint-Vinyl-/300772612924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460771db3c&vxp=mtr

GShelby09 I would recommend Spider Vision headlamp tint. Billet Pro Shop is a retailer for them. I have the tint kit from Expel which is the same kit as sold by another TS on Ebay only I purchased my kits directly from them. They offer a very quality product and will stand behind their warranty. I don't drive my cars very much at all, but I have heard others have experienced crazing of the headlamps because of heat buildup. This is where the Spider Vision product is better imo in that their headlamp tint has tiny perforations that allow the Heat buildup to escape and also let's more light out while still making the headlamps appear dark when not in use. Let me also say that I am in no way affiliated with any of these brands but but just passing along some info. GL. Ted.

Thank you very much for the compliments. I too really like the look. I am not sure of the tint shade, as they did not actually advertise it. I want to say 20%, but could be wrong. Here is their current listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-10-12-GT-Complete-Front-Rear-Vinyl-Tint-Kit-2010-2011-2012-/321081113479?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac1ecfb87

As far as the grilles, they came from a vendor on Amazon. I can look back on history if you like and get the vendor. Unfortunately, they are grille overlays. I cannot find any replacement grilles, so had to go with these. Sorry, but I just do not like the Honeycomb look. Took it off my 05, the Bullitt, and now the Shelby. The grille also came from the manufacturer in a polished, or chrome finish......

I painted them both with rattle cans. I will probably eventually get them powder coated.....

I should not post the following pic, but, here goes.....this is how they came from the manufacturer..... :gaah::gaah:

IMG_0426_zpsa4de4038.jpg

Archived