TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Amr Rims Installed, Not Sure If I Like Them?

yell03

NEW PICS ADDED LATER IN THREAD AFTER WASHING CAR

Just installed them today, nor sure if I like them better than stock?
Caricon1.png is dirty and it is cloudy, but you get the idea.
What do you think?

030_zps00ec3767.jpg

January112013rims031_zps4d02895a.jpg

167_zps38253b11.jpg

January112013rims026_zps4e5aa0e3.jpg

gt500sidepicgreat_zps6d346e5f.jpg

January112013rims024_zpse7f97a7f.jpg

177_zpsaad02439.jpg

January112013rims023_zps37c73e80.jpg

I am not really into the New Black Rim deal, I do not think they look worse than stock, but I also do not think they look better. I only like black wheels that have an outline around them, even with that I still prefer Aluminum look.

I have black on my 911 and I just bought replacements. The other thing about black is the Suck to keep clean and they show every little scratch/swirl just like black cars.

Just my 2 cents

They match perfectly...better than the stock rims..

I just took some more pics, I think the car might need to be lowered.

The 8.5" rims make the front tires taller and the 10" rim make the rear tire shorter, it makes the gap out back look worse.

I am not really into the New Black Rim deal, I do not think they look worse than stock, but I also do not think they look better. I only like black wheels that have an outline around them, even with that I still prefer Aluminum look.

I have black on my 911 and I just bought replacements. The other thing about black is the Suck to keep clean and they show every little scratch/swirl just like black cars.

Just my 2 cents

Brake dust should be fun

For your viewing pleasure...I do agree about keeping them clean though. way more of a pain than the razors on my GT-H. But I think the black looks great!

attachicon.gifgarage2013 004.jpg

Your car looks great

Black rims don't look bad on your car, and the tire gap looks about the same to my eye.

I measured, the front tire gap is 2", the rear gap is 3"

I like them, for what that is worth.

I am starting to like them

That's sharp. I'd sure leave them on.

I think I will keep them, maybe get red caliper covers to break the black up a bit

I am starting to think I should have bought Chrome GT500 rims?

Today is going to be nice and sunny.

I am going to clean the car and wash it and take some good pics, top up and top down.

This will help me make a decision.

If the stock rims look good without lowering the car, any other rim should look as good or better even before lowering it.

I think a brighter rim (stock color or chrome) draws your eye away from the wheel gap, but with black it accents the large wheel gap.

I also might just be a fan of a less busy 5 spoke style time.

I measured, the front tire gap is 2", the rear gap is 3"

I am starting to like them

I think I will keep them, maybe get red caliper covers to break the black up a bit

Personally, I think they look very good on your car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you decide to buy something else I would recommend you keep these as a second set of wheels for track day duty!

Personally, I think they look very good on your car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you decide to buy something else I would recommend you keep these as a second set of wheels for track day duty!

Thanks for your advice and opinion.

If I really don't like them...

I probably would keep them if I couldn't find a local buyer.

My 65 year old father has a 2013 Black 5.0 & my buddy has a 2013 Black 5.0.

I am sure one of them would want them, they would look fantastic on a black car.

My son's old chrome GT premium rims would look great on either black car, too bad they won't fit my car and are only 18x8s.

I think your answer is in your question. If you are in doubt, you really don't love them. I absolutely have to love what I put on my cars. The moment I saw my CS69's on my White SGT, I knew It instantly they belonged. personally, I like them on your car, just don't love them. Good luck in your decision.

I think your answer is in your question. If you are in doubt, you really don't love them. I absolutely have to love what I put on my cars. The moment I saw my CS69's on my White SGT, I knew It instantly they belonged. personally, I like them on your car, just don't love them. Good luck in your decision.

I remember when I put Weld Draglites on my 88 GT, I was blown away instantly

I like the originals better, personally.

I think there are rims out there I might like better, but they are awesome looking stock rims

For me it depends on the cars color and black wheels on red looks great. I have a white 14 now and really like the darker factory wheels but plan to get some SS type black wheels and Michelins at some point. If my car was DIB however they would have to be the aluminum like ViperNC car.

I think they look great.

But I do agree the factory stance on GT500s can look a little tall...

Jer

Archived