TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension On A 2013-14 Supersnake

if i was to buy a svt shelby gt500 and do a supersnake build up would it be better to stay with the suspension on the car or go with the shelby eibach suspension on a supersnake any input i am bad at making decisions and need some that has or had both or either one please thanks i learned a lot on here bye robbie

if i was to buy a svt shelby gt500 and do a supersnake build up would it be better to stay with the suspension on the car or go with the shelby eibach suspension on a supersnake any input i am bad at making decisions and need some that has or had both or either one please thanks i learned a lot on here bye robbie

Robbie

If your car is equipped from Ford with the SVT Performance Pack with the adjustable Bilstien Dampers then the standard Super Snake suspension package won't be bad as far as spring and sway bar selection is concerned. Where I would spend the extra money is in the rear suspension. The stock rear suspension upper and lower control arms and the brackets that mount them aren't changed with a SS upgrade, regardless of whether you upgrade to the Eibach coil overs or not. My personal preference would be to upgrade the rear suspension with the CorteX Racing Watts Link, Torque Arm, Lower Control Arms with brackets. This will plant the rear tires much harder to the pavement on corner exit. It will also lower the rear roll center, which will help tremendously with the snap oversteer that these cars have. These parts can be bought for roughly the same amount of money as upgrading to the Eibach coil over kit costs as an option to the SS conversion from CorteX, plus the labor to install it. Shelby Performance Parts which is a division of Shelby America sells Cortex Racing parts for the Shelby Track Pack kit. You can probably have the whole thing done while the car is at Shelby for the SS conversion utilizing their Mod Shop. You would need to pester Jer at Shelby Performance Parts to see if he could arrange to get these pieces from CorteX as Shelby Parts without purchasing a complete Track Pack kit. If he could do this for you then the parts will be Shelby blue, instead of CorteX gray. I run this same package of parts on my car and the handling difference of the car afterwards with the CorteX pieces is inspiring. I bought the parts through CorteX, not Shelby. If Shelby can't or won't do this upgrade in this manner then have them do a standard suspension for this car and purchase the CorteX pieces yourself and have them installed afterwards. You won't regret it. It will add some Noise, Vibration and Harmonics to the car with the CorteX parts, but it isn't bad in my opinion.

Now if your car is NOT equipped with the SVT Performance Pack option from Ford, then it is a mandatory option for a Super Snake conversion to be upgrade with the springs and dampers of the Eibach coil over kit and Ford Racing sway bar kit. You have no choice in whether you purchase this option or not. You are going to purchase it.

But you are still stuck with the stock rear axle upper and lower control arms with an upgraded Shelby panhard rod kit. At this point I'd still want to add the Cortex Racing Watts Link, Torque Arm and lower control arms with brackets. This would cost a lot more when finished though. It is also something you could add at a later time

Archived