TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Hood Scoop Question

Hey there.

I am currently replacing my stripes on my 07SGT and was wondering what the new replacement hood scoops look like. The generation that my scoop is the version with ALL rivets. No bolts. Is the new scoops all rivets or is it a rivet and bolt mix. Any info and/or pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

CSshelbykid

I replaced a the hood scoop on the 08 this year. It was pre drilled with rivets. The install turned out really good. I also ordered a hood scoop for my 07SGT. My 07 also is all rivets.

Hey there.

I am currently replacing my stripes on my 07SGT and was wondering what the new replacement hood scoops look like. The generation that my scoop is the version with ALL rivets. No bolts. Is the new scoops all rivets or is it a rivet and bolt mix. Any info and/or pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

CSshelbykid

It is to be installed with all rivets.

You can get it pre-drilled (for '07 owners replacing the bolt-style) or undrilled (so you can match the holes already in your hood).

Jer

My 07 has the riveted scoop installed. Pretty sure it is the original. I have a replacement put away just in case I need it (pre drilled). The replacement for the 08 SGT is really a nice piece. The original really had a sag in it.

thanks to everyone that has replied with this info. it has been especially helpful! im going to order the non-pre-drilled version hoodscoop.

cant wait to see my shelby lookin brand new and shinin!!

thanks again!

csshelbykid

Plus, now you'll get my new paint code.

When I had my stripes painted on, I worked with our tech to develop a perfect match for the original vinyl stripes. The "usual" color code was less metallic, kinda bland. Turns out, they were using that for scoops all these years, and when I looked at a new scoop, it looked bland too. So, NEW SGT scoops are now painted with my new formula, and it really sparkles a lot more. Gotta see it to believe it. 2 pix below.

Jer

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

Plus, now you'll get my new paint code.

When I had my stripes painted on, I worked with our tech to develop a perfect match for the original vinyl stripes. The "usual" color code was less metallic, kinda bland. Turns out, they were using that for scoops all these years, and when I looked at a new scoop, it looked bland too. So, NEW SGT scoops are now painted with my new formula, and it really sparkles a lot more. Gotta see it to believe it. 2 pix below.

Jer

attachicon.gifIMG_4099.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4098.jpg

AWESOME!! sure does look great.and love all the sparkle! thanks again for all that you do Jer. you are always so informitive. cant wait to post pics of my baby when she is finished!

csshelbykid

My 07 has the riveted scoop installed. Pretty sure it is the original. I have a replacement put away just in case I need it (pre drilled). The replacement for the 08 SGT is really a nice piece. The original really had a sag in it.

Humm....what's your CSM#? Are you the original owner?

The CSMSGT074665. I am the 2nd owner. The car was purchased from the local dealership where I purchased it. I also have all of the service records. It had 2000 miles on it and had always been in a garage. I know the original owner also. he never mentioned replacing the scoop. This scoop also appears to be of the same type of material as the original on the one we removed from the 2008 SGT. The replacements are fiberglass versus the urethane type on the originals.

Yes...a number as high as yours likely made it into the 3rd generation scoop (1st generation rivet scoop). That scoop,and this is memory, is still susceptible to dips and issues with temp changes warping the scoop over time. If it looks good leave it! You have the later 4th generation (?) scoop in reserve so you're set either way!

Just noticed your replacing your stripes! Ok..reverse...I would either paint the newer scoop you have like Jer showed above or return both scoops and purchase the latest and greatest! The newer scoops are a better design, better materials, and paint that's a better match for your new stripes. I imagine you're spending some money so do the best you can.

Good luck!

I'm not looking to replace the stripes on my 07 now as they are in as new condition. I purchased the new scoop a month or so ago in case the present one starts to sag. If and when I have to replace the stripes I will have them painted. I had the stripes painted on my wifes 08 SGT-C this past summer and they turned out great. I also replaced the hood scoop because it was sagging real bad. The scoop I have in reserve should be the latest design, in fact I think the one I replaced this summer is to. It is the fiberglass design.

No problem. I actually didn't realize the number of generations of the hood scoop. Back in 2008 a friend of mine bought a new Shelby GT and within a few months was changing out his scoop and painting his stripes.

Yeah...I had mine replaced 4 times...once with a version I don't believe was ever really sold. Amy was working with me at the time and we went through different designs, with and without pillow, etc. until we got to the version there is today which has held up VERY well over the years. On the plus side...unlike Roush owners we never had our scoops flying off the hood at high speed! :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived