Mustang 50Th Anniversary - Las Vegas Road Trip

cobra2go

Attn: Western Canadian members

Vancouver Island Mustang Club - preliminary road trip schedule:

Friday April 11 - Port Angeles - Eugene Or

Saturday April 12 - Mt Shasta

Sunday April 13 - Fresno via Golden Gate Bridge

Monday - Las Vegas!

Stay tuned if you would like to join us along the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a good trip guys!!! I'm from Kelowna and will be going to the Bash as well.

I had planned to drive there also but getting my car to the coast would require getting it shipped there,so with winter still in the mountains I have decided to ship it to my place in Phoenix and start from there. If I had known a group from up here I might have gone that route instead,darn would have been fun!!!!

Sounds like a good trip guys!!! I'm from Kelowna and will be going to the Bash as well.

I had planned to drive there also but getting my car to the coast would require getting it shipped there,so with winter still in the mountains I have decided to ship it to my place in Phoenix and start from there. If I had known a group from up here I might have gone that route instead,darn would have been fun!!!!

Good plan our 13 is sitting in PS waiting to take the drive to vegas.

Doug make sure you check your weather reports. Siskiyou Pass in early April touch and go make sure you have an excape plan to get to the coast. Never sure what you will find in the mountains at that time of year. Just cause the 13s sit high enough for 4WD don't mean thay have it Be careful.

Good plan our 13 is sitting in PS waiting to take the drive to vegas.

Doug make sure you check your weather reports. Siskiyou Pass in early April touch and go make sure you have an excape plan to get to the coast. Never sure what you will find in the mountains at that time of year. Just cause the 13s sit high enough for 4WD don't mean thay have it Be careful.

That was exactly why I decided to ship my car! The Grants Pass area is a cause for concern,although maybe taking the longer coast road through Coos Bay might be the alternate choice!

I had planned going south in April down through Osyoos then down to Salt Lake City then to Vegas,but there are 2 high elevation passes on the way which could be a real problem so I decided to abort driving down!

• 2 months later...

Attn: Western Canadian members

Vancouver Island Mustang Club - preliminary road trip schedule:

Friday April 11 - Port Angeles - Eugene Or

Saturday April 12 - Mt Shasta

Sunday April 13 - Fresno via Golden Gate Bridge

Monday - Las Vegas!

Stay tuned if you would like to join us along the way!

Did you guys ever decide on your drive down to Vegas?

Archived