TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Foundation Store/ Shipping

estedman

This is by no means a dig at his foundation.

Every year I give my wife a list of things that I would like for Christmas, she gets a couple of them for me and I am surprized as to what I end up with. I also admit that I am pretty hard to buy for since if I want something I just buy it. Anyway one of the things I told my wife I wanted was a t-shirt that I found in The Carroll Shelby Foundation store. I had sent a link to her a couple of months ago and forgot about it.

Today she calls me and says "you know I love you very much but I am not spending $26.00 for shipping one shirt" I said what are you talking about. She told me about the Shelby shirt I had told her about. I said are you sure that is the cheapest shipping and she assured me it was.

I just looked at the website and sure enough shipping was $26.00 for basic ground shipping.

One would think they would sell a heck of a lot more if they had resonable shipping. I am still floored.

With just four posts this thread is already confusing because different websites are being talked about here.

OP, are you talking about the actual Shelby Foundation store in Gardena California or are you talking about the link on the CSCF website that takes you to carrollshelbymerchandise.com ? I suspect that you are talking about the CS merchandise website that is actually a third party website owned by a company in Northern California. Unfortunately we have no control over third party websites and what they charge for shipping.

Post #4, David your post sounds like its directed at the Shelby Store here in Las Vegas. If so Jer has previously mentioned that any shipping concerns can be handled with a quick phone call until the revamped Shelby Store website is up & running that will offer more detailed & accurate shipping costs.

I'm in no way discounting your shipping cost concerns and if they are something that SAI has control over we will certainly do our best to address these concerns as quickly as possible. I'll let Jer add any additional details I've left out.

Steve

With just four posts this thread is already confusing because different websites are being talked about here.

OP, are you talking about the actual Shelby Foundation store in Gardena California or are you talking about the link on the CSCF website that takes you to carrollshelbymerchandise.com ? I suspect that you are talking about the CS merchandise website that is actually a third party website owned by a company in Northern California. Unfortunately we have no control over third party websites and what they charge for shipping.

Post #4, David your post sounds like its directed at the Shelby Store here in Las Vegas. If so Jer has previously mentioned that any shipping concerns can be handled with a quick phone call until the revamped Shelby Store website is up & running that will offer more detailed & accurate shipping costs.

I'm in no way discounting your shipping cost concerns and if they are something that SAI has control over we will certainly do our best to address these concerns as quickly as possible. I'll let Jer add any additional details I've left out.

Steve

Steve, This is the one I am tlaking about. http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/foundation_store

Now I am really confused. Is this store owned by the Shelby Foundation?

Steve

I was confused, as well. Thanks for setting the record straight, Steve.

Anyone dealing with Shelby American's store (www.shelbystore.com or www.shelbyperformanceparts.com) can ask me for help anytime. Email or call me directly.

Jer

Steve, This is the one I am tlaking about. http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/foundation_store

Now I am really confused. Is this store owned by the Shelby Foundation?

No it is not owned/run by the Foundation. Take a look at the link below, they even address their shipping costs for orders under $50

http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/faq

Steve

No it is not owned/run by the Foundation. Take a look at the link below, they even address their shipping costs for orders under $50

http://www.carrollshelbymerchandise.com/faq

Steve

You may not be able to answer this but is it not the old bait and switch if they have nothing to do with the CSF? It says right on their home page "Carroll Shelby Foundation Official Store". Had I known they have nothing to do with CSF I never even would have gone to the website.

I emailed about the cost ($11.59) to ship the CS Faux Gas Cap Insert that would have cost $2.50 to mail by 1st class USPS mail (of course plus your handling fee) - no one contacted me - why should everything have to go by Fed Ex? A 4 oz little box by Fed Ex is just ripping off your customers.

I emailed about the cost ($11.59) to ship the CS Faux Gas Cap Insert that would have cost $2.50 to mail by 1st class USPS mail (of course plus your handling fee) - no one contacted me - why should everything have to go by Fed Ex? A 4 oz little box by Fed Ex is just ripping off your customers.

This is exactly why we are redoing our shipping system. We will offer shipping that makes the most sense for each customer and item. By the way, we have NO HANDLING FEE. If you sent an email and no one got back to you, that is unacceptable. Email me directly, and I will take care of you.

Jer

So let me make sure I understand this based on post #8 above. This link takes you to the store operated by the Foundation:

http://www.carrollsh...handise.com/faq

And this link takes you a store operated by a private company:

http://www.carrollsh...oundation_store

Both sites look identical and the first site has a link for Carroll Shelby Foundation Official Store that takes you to the second site. This seems like an intertwined and confusing relationship.

To add to the confusion the foundation site http://www.carrollshelbyfoundation.org/ has a link that takes you to the private company site? Is the information in post #8 backwards?

So let me make sure I understand this based on post #8 above. This link takes you to the store operated by the Foundation:

http://www.carrollsh...handise.com/faq

And this link takes you a store operated by a private company:

http://www.carrollsh...oundation_store

Both sites look identical and the first site has a link for Carroll Shelby Foundation Official Store that takes you to the second site. This seems like an intertwined and confusing relationship.

To add to the confusion the foundation site http://www.carrollshelbyfoundation.org/ has a link that takes you to the private company site? Is the information in post #8 backwards?

No that is not correct. The first link in your post takes you to carrollshelbymerchandise.com which is not part of SAI or technically the Foundation.

I can certainly understand the confusion but all you need to do is look at the web address, once you click on the link and you'll see that you're on carrollshelbymerchandise.com

What is now going to make this even more confusing is that the Shelby Foundation now has a retail store at the Gardena California facility. This retail store was opened earlier this year and is 100% run by the Shelby Foundation in Gardena. In stock merchandise is shipped from Gardena with some items that will be dropped shipped from the manufacturer.

Steve

Does the store in Gardena have a website? If not we're back to the other two links. If I understand your response correctly neither of those (which actually appear to take you to the same place) is affiliated with the foundation. Did I get that right? Yet the link on the true foundation website takes you to that store.

I called the foundation in C.A and the right has no idea what the left hand is doing they don't answer e-mails and when you call not much help . I ordered the ornament on Dec 2 and they said the order went out yesterday . NO way in hell it's going to get to N.Y in time . I have say not very happy

Steve If you click on the link on top of this page it take you to the CSF website in Gardenia, CA. Once in that website if you hit store button it takes you to Carroll Shelby Merchandise website that you say is not affilated.

If they are not affiliated like you said why is there a direct link to them? Something does not add up and I am still confused.

Erich

I called the foundation in C.A and the right has no idea what the left hand is doing they don't answer e-mails and when you call not much help . I ordered the ornament on Dec 2 and they said the order went out yesterday . NO way in hell it's going to get to N.Y in time . I have say not very happy

Same exact day I ordered mine.

Wonder when it will show up here??

Usually takes a couple of days from LA to Vegas.

Steve If you click on the link on top of this page it take you to the CSF website in Gardenia, CA. Once in that website if you hit store button it takes you to Carroll Shelby Merchandise website that you say is not affilated.

If they are not affiliated like you said why is there a direct link to them? Something does not add up and I am still confused.

Erich

Its probably best if that question is posed to the Shelby Foundation. Also if you perform a search here on TS for carrollshelbymerchandise you'll find replies from Robert, Sharon and even AmyB stating the same thing that carrollshelbymerchandise.com is a third party website/catalog where a Northern California business has put together a storefront selling Shelby branded items from different companies that have a licensing agreement thru Carroll Shelby Licensing.

As part of Shelby American it would not be proper for me to discuss the business practices of The Shelby Foundation just as it would not be proper for The Shelby Foundation to discuss the business practices of Shelby American.

And its probably worth repeating that Shelby American is NOT the parent company nor is The Shelby Foundation, nor is Carroll Shelby Licensing, etc., we are all separate companies under Carroll Shelby International. I bring this up so that perhaps to help explain that although we interact regularly with each other we do not necessarily use the same road map.

Steve

Archived