TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Run America!

sportscars

• 6 months later...

We had a ton of interest, but then no one wanted to commit to it with the 50th celebrations taking up so much time this year. The sad part of this being that SMC Events has two years in a row going to Europe again, which takes a great deal of planning and groundwork. I plan to do the Europe run next year, and maybe even the year after if that would not conflict with business too much. In a couple years, my ability to travel and be away will be considerably less with the growth we are experiencing. Im not complaining. Still, I sure would love to do the trip across the 48.

Sorry to hear that. I kept trying to find info as to when they would be where at motels, etc but never could find anything so that's why! Although worth the money it was quite expensive and certainly would limit those that could afford both time and money.

We had a ton of interest, but then no one wanted to commit to it with the 50th celebrations taking up so much time this year. The sad part of this being that SMC Events has two years in a row going to Europe again, which takes a great deal of planning and groundwork. I plan to do the Europe run next year, and maybe even the year after if that would not conflict with business too much. In a couple years, my ability to travel and be away will be considerably less with the growth we are experiencing. Im not complaining. Still, I sure would love to do the trip across the 48.

What! no Happy Birthday call from Italy..................... :hysterical:

We had a handful of people that signed up but not enough to make it viable unfortunately. One of the problems is that some people wanted less time driving which means 14,16 or more days instead of 12. Others wanted to run it non-stop and try to break the record. There is interest and it is something we will look at again but 2017 would be the most likely as 15,16 & 18 both have huge trips planned.

We had a handful of people that signed up but not enough to make it viable unfortunately. One of the problems is that some people wanted less time driving which means 14,16 or more days instead of 12. Others wanted to run it non-stop and try to break the record. There is interest and it is something we will look at again but 2017 would be the most likely as 15,16 & 18 both have huge trips planned.

:yahoo:

Archived