TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Using Tow Hooks?

frazierfreud

I've been in touch with Kerry & he was out of the hooks for our cars. He was trying to find another shop to fab them for him but as of about 3 weeks ago he hadn't gotten any new ones made. I need to get one so would be interested if anyone knows of anything requiring little or no welding.

Any recommendations on using tow hooks? Are they all weld on?

I've been in touch with Kerry & he was out of the hooks for our cars. He was trying to find another shop to fab them for him but as of about 3 weeks ago he hadn't gotten any new ones made. I need to get one so would be interested if anyone knows of anything requiring little or no welding.

Pegasus Racing has a non-weld tow hook.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=5178

Ford Racing also has tow hooks, but the are strictly weld on.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22759

Mark

Ford Racing also has tow hooks, but the are strictly weld on.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22759

Mark

Not necessarily - you could buy the FRPP # M-17757-MB and put it on and then use the FRPP # M-17954-A hook . But you may not like where it comes out in the front fascia . That's why I liked Kerry's piece - it requires the least ammount of cutting and on the 2007-09 GT500s it comes out in the lower grille - no cutting of the fascia.

Not necessarily - you could buy the FRPP # M-17757-MB and put it on and then use the FRPP # M-17954-A hook . But you may not like where it comes out in the front fascia . That's why I liked Kerry's piece - it requires the least ammount of cutting and on the 2007-09 GT500s it comes out in the lower grille - no cutting of the fascia.

I didn't go back and look at Kerry's tow hook, but I do remember now that you mention it how it came out below the front fascia. Much easier to deal with that having to cut a slot in the front fascia to accommodate the mounting tab.

Mark

I'm currently out of the Tow Hook business, the fabrication shop I was using for the brackets went under and so far I haven't been able to get my samples back.

• 1 month later...

FYI..... I ordered the front and rear tow hooks from cool tech. You have to be sure to specify for the GT500 as the rear bumper requires a slightly different bracket then the boss one that is advertised. Kendall is who I dealt with, he had some GT500 brackets made up. I just received shipment notification. I'll try and post up some install pictures once they come in, if anyone is interested.

FYI..... I ordered the front and rear tow hooks from cool tech. You have to be sure to specify for the GT500 as the rear bumper requires a slightly different bracket then the boss one that is advertised. Kendall is who I dealt with, he had some GT500 brackets made up. I just received shipment notification. I'll try and post up some install pictures once they come in, if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to seeing how this comes up.

CoolTech makes some GREAT parts for Boss and Ford GT cars. Would love to see them do more for the SN95 and S197 GT500.

Definitely interested in seeing this finished product on a stock GT500 front fascia. Now that Kerry's is out of production - anyone else know of a "no-cut" solution for the front?

Definitely interested - looking forward to your install pics and posts !!

Archived