TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt-500Kr® Handling Kit M-23000-Kr

supe

So... Same bar as standard GT500?

My understanding was 6R3Z-5482-B was the GT500 front bar and the KR front bar was 7R33-5482-BA - both being 34.0MM but the KR bar has a thinner wall thickness thus making the rate and weight different than the standard GT/GT500 one

So... Same bar as standard GT500?

GT500 verts and KR coupes use the same outer diameter bar but compared to the GT500 coupe the metal thickness is different. Don't recall if the vert/KR bars use thicker or thinner metal but that could be determined by weighing the two bars to find out.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Grabber, can I request that you take your standard level of high quality photos of this item when it arrives. If it is in fact the same bar I already have on my 09 convertible I'd like to know before I mistakenly order a duplicate.

Today I installed the KR front sway bar Tana's :wub: GT500 and mine. I compared the 2 bars very closely and found 5 things to note on the sway bars.

1. The part tag # is different on each bar. The Orange tag is the factory GT500 bar. The White tag is the KR bar Shelby sent me.

005-1.jpg

020.jpg

2. The factory GT500 sway bar has an additional mounting hole at each end that was not being used on my GT500. The KR bar does not have the extra holes.

002.jpg

3. The factory GT500 bar weighs 14.6 pounds. The KR bar weighs 12.4 pounds. (2.2 pounds lighter).

018.jpg

4. I measured the outside diameter of both bars in several spots. They are the same. I fuzz over 50.

004.jpg

5. The shape is exactly the same.

016.jpg

017.jpg

Edited by Grabber

Today I installed the KR front sway bar Tana's :wub: GT500 and mine. I compared the 2 bars very closely and found 5 things to note on the sway bars.

1. The part tag # is different on each bar. The Orange tag is the factory GT500 bar. The White tag is the KR bar Shelby sent me.

005-1.jpg

020.jpg

2. The factory GT500 sway bar has an additional mounting hole at each end that was not being used on my GT500. The KR bar does not have the extra holes.

002.jpg

3. The factory GT500 bar weighs 14.6 pounds. The KR bar weighs 12.4 pounds. (2.2 pounds lighter).

018.jpg

4. I measured the outside diameter of both bars in several spots. They are the same. I fuzz over 50.

004.jpg

5. The shape is exactly the same.

016.jpg

017.jpg

Any idea why the extra holes in the O.E.M bar?

• 5 years later...