TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's been you biggest pleasant surprise?

1FAFP90

I am having alot more fun cleaning, washing, detailing and just plain pampering the car then I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, driving the beauty is still the best part.

+1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. First and foremost...the seats! These are the most comfortable seats...and I thought the seats in my 96 Cobra were comfy. And they keep me in place too, really nice.

2. All the "thumbs-up" I get! I never thought I would (because everyone around me drives BMW & MB), but I get so many people giving me the thumbs-up and asking about the car...all the time, everywhere I go. I especially love it when I pull up to a stoplight and utility workers will say something like, "Hay man, is that a dang-ole Shelby? Light em up Man!"...and usually I do!

3. Gas mileage! Well, on the highway anyways. I averaged 24mpg roundtrip 1200 miles to FL. Gotta love the 6-speed.

The one-touch windows are nice also...something I had to install myself on my 96. Although I do wish the rear windows were independent.

BTW...The vista blue is a VERY nice color. Finally got to see one in person this past week and boy did it look good. Really deep and vibrant, almost fluid like water. Congrats to all who got the blue, not a very common color either.

1. First and foremost...the seats! These are the most comfortable seats...and I thought the seats in my 96 Cobra were comfy. And they keep me in place too, really nice.

2. All the "thumbs-up" I get! I never thought I would (because everyone around me drives BMW & MB), but I get so many people giving me the thumbs-up and asking about the car...all the time, everywhere I go. I especially love it when I pull up to a stoplight and utility workers will say something like, "Hay man, is that a dang-ole Shelby? Light em up Man!"...and usually I do!

3. Gas mileage! Well, on the highway anyways. I averaged 24mpg roundtrip 1200 miles to FL. Gotta love the 6-speed.

The one-touch windows are nice also...something I had to install myself on my 96. Although I do wish the rear windows were independent.

BTW...The vista blue is a VERY nice color. Finally got to see one in person this past week and boy did it look good. Really deep and vibrant, almost fluid like water. Congrats to all who got the blue, not a very common color either.

Pig- I found a great photo that could work well for your Avatar. It's a 1,000 pound pig this kid shot. It was on www.foxnews.com. Now that's an avatar people will remember.

HSURB

post-6100-1180183593_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1180183593_thumb.jpg

Pig- I found a great photo that could work well for your Avatar. It's a 1,000 pound pig this kid shot. It was on www.foxnews.com. Now that's an avatar people will remember.

HSURB

That's the biggest pig I have ever seen, that's bigger than the one in my garage :hysterical:

• 1 month later...

How much nicer the car looks from a 2 dimensional photograph.

That wonderful new car smell.

The quality of how well the engine was put together and the little signature plate.

The Super Charger (SC) kicking in and how fast the world seemed to go by.

How smooth it drives.

How quiet the mufflers are.

How much attention I get on the road.

:shift:

1st impressions that blew me away

The seats are so comfortable

Dash config with colour changes

SVT shift light .........5500 rpm :shift:

Supercharger whine with a CAI install

Ipod input for Shaker 1000

14 " brakes with 4 piston brembos (downside lots of brake dust)

The looks from everybody on the road, people stopping to take pictures

The availability of so many aftermarket parts so quick after debut

Ceramic dual clutch system

The ride surprised me, I was expecting harsh. Then again I've been riding in lifted F350 Superduties for the last 6 years. My 06 was breaking my back the Shelby didn't hurt it any and as long as I was driving it my Back pain was subsiding. The seats in my 06 F350 are terrible. Had to get my 01 back.

The biggest surprise for me is how the car just felt right when it arrived. It was like a friend that had been gone for awhile. I have been down the path of european sports cars and they are nice. But, when the GT 500 starts and I drive it it is what I want. It is an American Legend.

I like the fact that MOST of the money was spent on the good stuff....6-speed beefy transmission, engine, supercharger, brakes/rotors, etc. I'm glad they didn't spend a bunch of the money on frilly appearance items and leave the performance aspects alone. This is why I avoided the other cars (Roush/Saleen). I'm not saying they aren't fast...but percentage-wise they simply put too much money into the seat stitching, front fascia, rear panel, different spoiler, wheels, and on and on.

Dave

I like the fact that MOST of the money was spent on the good stuff....6-speed beefy transmission, engine, supercharger, brakes/rotors, etc. I'm glad they didn't spend a bunch of the money on frilly appearance items and leave the performance aspects alone. This is why I avoided the other cars (Roush/Saleen). I'm not saying they aren't fast...but percentage-wise they simply put too much money into the seat stitching, front fascia, rear panel, different spoiler, wheels, and on and on.

Dave

+1

Vista blue, great color. My heart races everytime I get behind the wheel. I knew this was going to be a great car when I ordered it, but it way exceeded my expectations! Awesome power, great brakes, excellent shifter position and for a solid axle it handles very well! I had an 03 Cobra, it doesn't compare to the Shelby. I'm going to keep this car for a long time. Some times I go out to the garage just to stare, of course my wife thinks I'm crazy she's right! I love this car!!!

^_^

First major wash/wax job completed today!

I can't get over how good the paint job and stripes on this car are, absolutely perfect! Mine is Torch Red with White stripes.

I'm sorry to hear some folks had problems with their paint and stripes.

I love cleaning the engine also and still has that wonderful “new engine” smell!

One thing though, carbon built up on the wheels is incredible! I'm talking with just 25 miles of city driving.

All-in-all a great car, I’ve had no problems with it my first 325 miles (knock on wood).

Almost forgot, "RED" is the fastest color, that is why all true Ferraris are RED! :)

Cheers.... :party:

Some times I go out to the garage just to stare, of course my wife thinks I'm crazy she's right! I love this car!!!

Its a "man/machine" bonding thing and women will never understand! :wub:

The FRONT of the Ford Shelby GT500! What can I say....I could stare at it for hours if I didn't have a life.

Give Carrol Shelby a gold medal.....

To the boys at the state-of-the-art Auto Alliance International plant in Flat Rock, MI, and the Romeo Engine Assembly Plant in Romeo, MI. Thanks for a job well done and the many miles of fun....smile.gif

That photo with those 2 guys standing by the motor is cool. It makes you realize how huge that motor is. Wow.

FordLogo2Small.jpg

The sweet whine of the blower is the best supprise for me. I just love hearing it. Running through the gears even at half throttle thrills me. Passing other cars with a 30 - 60 rolling romp. I could go on and on. I've wanted a Mustang ever since I was a kid in high school but never could afford it or justify it. I never would have believe I would own one and even now I still don't. I have a Shelby . . . and I love driving her. :yup:

Drive fast, drive safe . . . :speedie:

1- Driveability / Power / Fuel economy. Unbelievable

2- Adjustable shift light and alarm

3- Dash light color selection

4- Seats

5- Air vents adjustability. Perfect for AC.

6- Pedals, steering wheel, shifter and seat location. PERFECT, for me anyway.

The sweet whine of the blower is the best supprise for me. I just love hearing it....

Ok, what is this S/C (blower) wine everyone keeps talking about?

I know my S/C is working because when I hit high RPMs in second and third gears (4000) my PSI gauge goes up.

I always drive with my windows down (who uses the AC on this car?) and the only thing I hear is the roar of the engine and the exhaust.

Does everyone else hear this wonderful "blower" wine? :(

I know my S/C is working because when I hit high RPMs in second and third gears (4000) my PSI gauge goes up.

I always drive with my windows down (who uses the AC on this car?) and the only thing I hear is the roar of the engine and the exhaust.

If you're not hearing the wine, you're not on it hard enough. A CAI and 2.6 pulley definately help also. I can hear mine wine before the boost guage indicates anything.

Oh yea, I definately like how it wines and screams at LOT.

Like the adjustable light and bell on the tach.

Seats are great.

And the fact that you can go 150mph in 4th gear on a bumpy road and have it feel like you're floating on air... :speedie:

Put a CAI on her. Mine whines so loudly I can hardly here myself think. It makes me feel knida funny. :baby::hysterical:

The car whines with out a tune when you get on it, but with the JLT/ Evo tune Stage I kit it even whines a little more. Here's a 11 sec vid of my Shelby whine.

th_ab967db8.jpg

Grabber,

Thanks for going through the trouble of posting the video!

That's what I needed to hear - the sound effect.

The good news is that "it" is the same sound mine makes!

I was thinking it was more of an "engine" sound than a "S/C" sound.

Listen to it here @ 00:12 ->

Sounds a little different to me!

Cheers..... :party:

Archived