TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's been you biggest pleasant surprise?

1FAFP90

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am having alot more fun cleaning, washing, detailing and just plain pampering the car then I thought I would. Don't get me wrong, driving the beauty is still the best part.

Where do you live? I will be happy to swing by everytime I am finished with taking her out for a spin and letting you have a lot more fun washing mine as well! :hysterical:

Where do you live? I will be happy to swing by everytime I am finished with taking her out for a spin and letting you have a lot more fun washing mine as well! :hysterical:

Guess I should have seen that one coming!!!

I'd have to say my biggest pleasant surprise was the color. I've never been a big fan of blue cars, but I told my wife she could get any color she wanted, so blue it is. Once seeing it in person, I am very impressed with Vista Blue. It really is a dynamic color. Depending on the lighting, it goes from a deep midnight blue (almost black) to a vibrant, eye-popping blue with purple highlights. I'm impressed.

I'd have to say my biggest pleasant surprise was the color. I've never been a big fan of blue cars, but I told my wife she could get any color she wanted, so blue it is. Once seeing it in person, I am very impressed with Vista Blue. It really is a dynamic color. Depending on the lighting, it goes from a deep midnight blue (almost black) to a vibrant, eye-popping blue with purple highlights. I'm impressed.

+1. I think all of the color combos are awesome but the vista/wht was it for me.

I have to say that I am impressed with the power, the ability to get looks as you drive it and just generally how this car just seems to " fit " me. What I find most impressive though is how easy it is to drive. I have the black vert with tungsten stripes so it is a bit of a sleeper. If i drive it half sanely, it just looks like a black vert mustang. Easy to drive and very civilized for a car this powerful.

Kelly

My biggest surprise is the driveability. Before we got the car I told my wife that she would not like to drive this car as it would be a handful. I have a 69 428 SCJ and it is not easy to drive. I haven't driven any moder muscle cars so I was uneducated. My wife drives the Shelby just fine, but lucky for me she doesn't really care to drive very often. Even with all that driveability, when I mash the throttle I still get serious rush. :shift:

My biggest surprise is the driveability. Before we got the car I told my wife that she would not like to drive this car as it would be a handful. I have a 69 428 SCJ and it is not easy to drive. I haven't driven any moder muscle cars so I was uneducated. My wife drives the Shelby just fine, but lucky for me she doesn't really care to drive very often. Even with all that driveability, when I mash the throttle I still get serious rush. :shift:

I can certainly relate, SCJ!... and agree with what you are saying.

I was (pleasantly) surprised by the color. Pictures do not do justice. The Grabber orange looks great! especially at dusk/dawn with the colorado mountains as a backdrop.

I don't know why it is so fun to wash and wax this car, is it her Curves the Body Lines or is it just that She is a Bad Ass Car. Driving Her is by far a Rush. The people on this site are a blast; it’s nice to find people that have the same Warped since of humor that I have.

Oh yea….. Spanking a ZO6 was ok to! :banana piano:

post-8247-1179764510_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1179764510_thumb.jpg

Shifts very smoothly. Not difficult at all to launch. Handles better than I expected.

I don't know why it is so fun to wash and wax this car, is it her Curves the Body Lines or is it just that She is a Bad Ass Car. Driving Her is by far a Rush. The people on this site are a blast; it’s nice to find people that have the same Warped since of humor that I have.

Oh yea….. Spanking a ZO6 was ok to! :banana piano:

Hays

Have you found a wax that works well on the performance white clear coat? Do you think I should be concerned about orange rust and corrosion all over the rear transaxle? I called Ford and they said that is typical, but I have never owned a new car that already had visible orange rust all over the undercarriage.

Can't get much better than spanking a ZO6.

The handling has been a pleasant surprise to me. I read all these articles and listened to a British evaluation before I got the GT500 on the mediocre suspension. This is an American Muscle Car not a European Alpine Mountain carver. But I tell you what it handles better than any car, or Mustang I ever owned out of the box. A couple of mods later and I am sure it will be even better. I wonder what it would be like with independent rear suspension? Ford claims it would have added another 10 to $15,000 to the cost.

Hays

Have you found a wax that works well on the performance white clear coat? You think I should be concerned about orange rust and corrosion all over the rear transaxle?

Can't get better than spanking a ZO6.

I like the Turtle Wax ICE

I am going to Paint my rear diff Black when i put in my Eibach Coil Over system.

I like the Turtle Wax ICE

I am going to Paint my rear diff Black when i put in my Eibach Coil Over system.

What do you like about the Eibach Coil Over system?

Thanks I will check out Turtle wax. Have to be careful with some waxes. Nice to find someone who has Guinea pigged the Ice Turtle Wax already. I suppose there are several good clear coat friendly products out there. I have used Maguire’s in the past also.

Painting the undercarriage is good protection to consider. I will wait until I find out more about this Super Snake Package Shelby Autos will offer since they swap out the diff anyway.

Turtle wax ice, with black car you go nuts getting off the wax residue, from molding and plastic.

What I like about my car, every time I look at it in the garage I have to pinch myself that I bought this alsome Shelby that is a blast to drive, has room to move around shacker 500 stereo sounds great and the gas mileage is good. I also love how it sticks to the road especially since my Sebring track event last month at drivers school, the car is the biggest gift I ever bought myself.

Hans

:headspin:

Turtle wax ice, with black car you go nuts getting off the wax residue, from molding and plastic.

What I like about my car, every time I look at it in the garage I have to pinch myself that I bought this alsome Shelby that is a blast to drive, has room to move around shacker 500 stereo sounds great and the gas mileage is good. I also love how it sticks to the road especially since my Sebring track event last month at drivers school, the car is the biggest gift I ever bought myself.

Hans

:headspin:

I think you have the ICE mixed up with somthing els. you can wax the plastic with no white residue.

A think a pleasant surprise is a surprise which is not a big but something I would say HEY that was a good idea.

So my surprise is the (auto up or down window switch!!!!) Thats COOL!!!!!!

BillyRay

Hays

Have you found a wax that works well on the performance white clear coat?

I've got a Performance White/Tungsten and I've used Meguirs Gold, NXT, Turtle Wax Ice, and just plain old Turtle Wax. I've zeroed in on NXT. Of course, that could be because of the other 27 coats of wax underneath it. I don't see a need yet to take it all off with Dawn dish soap as other have done. I like the NXT for going on, coming off, and the final product when it is all done. Ice quick detailer works great on the black plastic and I use NXT detailer on the car in between washes. I rewax after every three or four washes, which means only have to wax it twice a week.

I've got a Performance White/Tungsten and I've used Meguirs Gold, NXT, Turtle Wax Ice, and just plain old Turtle Wax. I've zeroed in on NXT. Of course, that could be because of the other 27 coats of wax underneath it. I don't see a need yet to take it all off with Dawn dish soap as other have done. I like the NXT for going on, coming off, and the final product when it is all done. Ice quick detailer works great on the black plastic and I use NXT detailer on the car in between washes. I rewax after every three or four washes, which means only have to wax it twice a week.

Thanks for the information cobrafan! There are a lot of wax products out there. It's nice to get some good feedback. I would like to wax it about every 3 months+. It would be good for me to have the wax finish last a while for me. We get snow and freezing temperatures making it difficult to wash regularly in the winter time. I need to find a wax that makes the water bead for a longer period of time, providing protection, but not ruining the clear coat.

I have been getting about 17 mpg. I almost have 1,000 miles on her. Not the best fuel mileage, but pretty good for this beast. It's about the same as my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited also so I'm used to it. Staring $4.00+/gallon is getting scary. They need to get the West Coast refineries online again.

According to trade publication Automotive News the Chevy Camaro car might use GM’s cylinder deactivation technology to improve fuel economy. Even without that, he said the car will get good milage. “Remember, we produce Corvettes now that get over 400 hp and get 28 miles to the gallon.” I would like to see proof of that!

This car is extremely fun to drive.... Duh. :finger: That is a given. My old Mustang I had years ago was a blast, but the GT500 is like a World War 2 fighter pilot going from the Wildcat to the Hellcat fighter. It would be nice to drive it at Laguna Seca fulltime.

BillyRay: You are very easy to please dude.

Definitely the ride quality and overall drivability are the biggest pleasant surprises for me. I never had a Mustang before and did not know what to expect. I bought the car for its combination of power, great looks, exclusivity and relatively affordable price tag (at least when compared with any other 500HP car). I thought that the car would be a bit rough around the edges but was willing to live with it (it is supposed to be a muscle car after all). That was not a major concern as this is not my daily driver and I wanted a car that is fun to drive first and foremost.

What I found is a car that I can drive for hours without getting tired at all. It was a long weekend here in Canada and I went to my sister's place near Ottawa; that's a 4hrs non stop 300 miles trip and the Shelby made it a very enjoyable ride. The fact that gas milage was actually not too bad during that trip (11.2 liters per 100KM) was actually a bonus. By the way, here is a pic taken this weekend of the Shelby with my little nephew. I think he liked it!

Dscf0132.jpg

Dscf0132.jpg

Definitely the ride quality and overall drivability are the biggest pleasant surprises for me. I never had a Mustang before and did not know what to expect. I bought the car for its combination of power, great looks, exclusivity and relatively affordable price tag (at least when compared with any other 500HP car). I thought that the car would be a bit rough around the edges but was willing to live with it (it is supposed to be a muscle car after all). That was not a major concern as this is not my daily driver and I wanted a car that is fun to drive first and foremost.

What I found is a car that I can drive for hours without getting tired at all. It was a long weekend here in Canada and I went to my sister's place near Ottawa; that's a 4hrs non stop 300 miles trip and the Shelby made it a very enjoyable ride. The fact that gas milage was actually not too bad during that trip (11.2 liters per 100KM) was actually a bonus. By the way, here is a pic taken this weekend of the Shelby with my little nephew. I think he liked it!

Are those Christmas Lights hanging in the background? At the end of May!??! :finger:

Love that Red color.. That is one hot car. I was really torn between Red and Black, and since I had a Black one locally at the price I wanted, that made the decision for me! Not sure what it is about kids and this car.. but they love it!

Are those Christmas Lights hanging in the background? At the end of May!??! :finger:

Love that Red color.. That is one hot car. I was really torn between Red and Black, and since I had a Black one locally at the price I wanted, that made the decision for me! Not sure what it is about kids and this car.. but they love it!

You are right; these are indeed Christmas lights!!! Nice catch! Not sure I would have noticed it on the picture although I sure did notice it live. Funny thing is my sister's previous neighbour sold that house about a month ago with those lights still attached to the house and the new owner did not bother to take them off either!

As far as color is concerned, red sure looks hot although black looks just as great IMO. The more I see pictures on this site, the more I realize that there is not a bad color combo for this car.

Archived