TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seat Wrinkle Fixable?

BulletPROZ

There was another post about seat wrinkles, and the suggestion was to take it to an upholstery shop and have them steam the wrinkles. I assume the steam softens up the leather/pleather, and when it cools it shrinks sligthly, causing the wrinkes to dissapear.

Worth a try, and definatelty less expensive than having it replaced.

Z-man

Personally, I think the wrinkles give the leather character. Use a good cleaner and conditioner and leave it be. Look at the leather in any classic sports car and the leather will be covered in wrinkles and the color is uneven and blotchy. I love that look, the patina.

ersonally, I think the wrinkles give the leather character. Use a good cleaner and conditioner and leave it be. Look at the leather in any classic sports car and the lesther will be covered in wrinkles and the color is uneven and blotchy. I love that look, the patina.

I agree with you :)

ersonally, I think the wrinkles give the leather character. Use a good cleaner and conditioner and leave it be. Look at the leather in any classic sports car and the lesther will be covered in wrinkles and the color is uneven and blotchy. I love that look, the patina.

You beat me to it EL SHELBY.

I was going to say, believe it or not wrinkles in leather seats are considered characteristic. I've heard that judges will take a LACK of wrinkles into consideration upon judging a car and take points off for it.

There IS such a thing as "over restored" and a good judge knows what to look for. For instance, I saw a 100 pt. restored Corvette that the restorer intentionally fogged in the lower section of the body because at the factory, the painters missed that area so to be 100% 'factory restored', the restorer had to (lightly) miss it. They cut the carpet out for the seat mounts and left the 4 cut out squares on the floor under the seat...Because that's how they did it at the factory. A frame off resto with a high polished black frame is another example. It never happened at the factory so a good RESTORER won't do it either.

Treasure your seat wrinkles, it means the car has been driven and not sat in a garage all its life!

Phill

I have had a lot of cars with leather seats and that is what they do, it's not a bad thing it's just doing what leather does and thats ok.

Archived