TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kooks Headers

TNTchris

Does any one have Kooks headers and catted mid pipes installed on their Whipple SGT? Can you tell me how you like them and possibly a video so I can hear the sound? I am thinking about installing these and I want to make sure I like the sound. I would also like to hear your opinions of this brand of headers. I appreciate you help.

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an SGT but I love my Kooks headers and x pipe. Top notch product. Completely changed the attitude of the car. With the longtubes, catted x, and Borla stingers, the car has a real deep throaty sound. No raspy sound either. I don't have a Whipple yet but will in a few months. You will love the Kooks combo if you like the real deep sound.

I don't have an SGT but I love my Kooks headers and x pipe. Top notch product. Completely changed the attitude of the car. With the longtubes, catted x, and Borla stingers, the car has a real deep throaty sound. No raspy sound either. I don't have a Whipple yet but will in a few months. You will love the Kooks combo if you like the real deep sound.

I wanna hear your car when you get a chance... i wont be home until oct of next year and in a couple months im getting my cams installed

From what I understand, any set of headers will have a totally different sound depending on the muffler / x-pipe combo (or lack there of) that you have connected to the headers.

And I'm willing to bet once you install a set of cams, that will be a different book entirely!!!

Andy.

Thanks guys!. I also have the Borla Stingers so the catted x pipe and the long tubes sound pretty similar to yours 05mustangman. I am looking for the deep sound. Can you put up a clip so I can hear them?

Thanks

Chris

I don't have a GT/SC, however, I have ARH LT's/Catted X-Pipe with the KR mufflers on one SGT and Kooks LT's Catted/X-Pipe with Pypes Pype Bombs(for maximum effect) on another. Running FRPP cams too. The headers and cams totally changed the personalities of the vehicle and turned them into beasts. If they were GT/SC'ed.....good gosh, I can't imagine...

I've always been a fan of ARH, however, I love Kooks equally as well. That's why I have both. I'll try to dredge up some videos but you really must hear them in person ---- videos just don't do the sound justice..

Agreed, only regrets I have is that shelby made a deal with arh and they have venom force with a cobra etched in the sides if there headers. It could have helped on the visual for Cali emissions making it appear as it belongs there

• 3 years later...

Yea it was a cold start and its about 50 degrees here right now. The video has a little rasp in it but I think if I get a video out of the garage it will sound better. It was just a real quick video. But thank you and yours sounds amazing!

Did the rasp ever go away once you had broke in the new set up?

Archived