TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Official Update on 2008 GT500 Allocation

YUP! :yup:

Another thing:

TOTAL COUPES - 611

TOTAL CONVERTIBLES – 273

TOTAL COUPES & CONVERTIBLES - 884

This is a lot of inventory this late in MY07 if they only made ~9, 000 units! About 1 out of 10 made is still sitting on the lot...

And the 2008's are on order!!!

Oops, logic prevails ;)

That is inventory showing. Some of that is sitting on lots. Some of that has been released from the plant but still has not arrived at the dealership yet. Some of that is cars coming in that are sold to people that have been waiting.

So out of that there is no way of knowing how many of those are available for purchase.

We will get a much better idea at the end of June after they have finished building out the last of the 07's.

Another thing:

TOTAL COUPES - 611

TOTAL CONVERTIBLES – 273

TOTAL COUPES & CONVERTIBLES - 884

This is a lot of inventory this late in MY07 if they only made ~9, 000 units! About 1 out of 10 made is still sitting on the lot...

And the 2008's are on order!!!

Oops, logic prevails ;)

Plus, aren't there HUNDREDS upon hundreds sitting outside the plant, waiting to get shipped? So, almost 900 in dealer inventory, with, what, another 1000 still to come (waiting for truck/train to ship + still to be produced) = quite a few avail for MY 2007.

Plus, aren't there HUNDREDS upon hundreds sitting outside the plant, waiting to get shipped? So, almost 900 in dealer inventory, with, what, another 1000 still to come (waiting for truck/train to ship + still to be produced) = quite a few avail for MY 2007.

No, that would include those waiting to get shipped. Ford puts the car in inventory as soon as it is finished being built. So it could sit there for a month while showing in inventory but it will show as in transit.

A lot of these cars show as being in transit.

No, that would include those waiting to get shipped. Ford puts the car in inventory as soon as it is finished being built. So it could sit there for a month while showing in inventory but it will show as in transit.

A lot of these cars show as being in transit.

Aha, thanks for the clarification.

Another thing is it depends on how up to date Ford is on this system. Some may have been reported sold already where Ford has not removed it from the inventory. We have had vehicles show as being in inventory for up to a couple of weeks after the vehicle was reported sold.

You can only use this as guide to get a ballpark idea of what is out there.

Out of the approx. 900 showing, some may be sold and have not been removed yet, some are enroute to the dealer, some waiting to get shipped yet, some sitting on the lots at dealers, and who knows how many of the ones enroute and sitting at Ford waiting to get shipped have been sold to people that have been waiting for their cars yet. Plus however many are left to be built out yet that are still not showing.

The numbers here have been about average as to what they have been running all year on any given month.

Look how many members here that are waiting still and those are tracking their cars that are enroute to the dealer. Many of those would be part of this inventory showing.

The question is, how many of the approx. 900 are there that have not been sold and are still available for sale? That I wouldn't know. I do know a LOT of these show as being ordered as sold units based on the order codes, but that isn't accurate either. They may have been ordered as sold but the buyers may have found one somewhere else. Or may have backed out for some reason. Or dealers may have just put a name on the order to make it appear it is a sold unit in hopes of Ford pulling the order quicker, or whatever.

If I had to GUESS based on the order codes I see and with a lot of those still in transit to the dealer, I would GUESS about 30% - 40% of these are sold units that are already spoken for. But that is only a GUESS on my part.

But like I said, we will have a much better idea at the end of June as far as what is out there that is still available. By then most if not all will have been shipped and those that have been sold will have been delivered and reported sold and removed from the system.

I will be curious to see what will be showing by mid July as far as any 07's left. I would suspect most of them showing by then will be ones that were purchased by dealers that paid premiums to get them and that are having a hard time getting what they have in them back.

In two months from now we will have a much better picture of what this looks like.

I posted this earlier today in a new thread but I'll post it here also.

This is as of today, 5/20

I also went back and counted how many were showing as order code 1. This means it was ordered as a sold unit at the time the dealer placed the order in the system.

So out of 944 units, 238 of these are showing as order 1. That leaves about 706 units as stock orders. Some these have probably been sold since they were ordered but I have no idea on how many.

Another thing is to consider where all these cars are located at based on each State. Apprx 200 are in CA. Of course CA has 10% of the entire population living there so 200 isn't that many considering how many people live there.

The rest is spread all over the other 49 States throughout the country.

I had a breakdown of how many were in each State posted above that was counted about two weeks ago, but it would be very close to the same with the few more that are showing up as of today.

Here is the total remaining 07 GT500’s showing up in the US as of May 20th, 2007

944 Total units

647 Coupes

297 Convertibles

White………..222 Coupes and 39 Convertibles…….…261 Total

Red…….……..151 Coupes and 90 Convertibles….……241 Total

Black………….124 Coupes and 108 Convertibles…....232 Total

Vista Blue….….80 Coupes and 24 Convertibles,,,……104 Total

Tungsten………27 Coupes and 17 Convertibles…………44 Total

Alloy…………….23 Coupes and 8 Convertibles…………..31 Total

Grabber……….20 Coupes and 11 Convertibles…………31 Total

I will take another count in June and another in mid July to see how much this changes

Just to add my 2 $ to this thread Dude.......Add me to the list that APPRECIATES your input B)

+1. Now we just need someone like ShelbyDude for every other possible subject:

Suspension mods (lowering, spring rates, etc)

Wheel swaps (sensors, offset, widest tire to fit on a wheel, etc.)

Manufacturing processes used on the GT500 (dust nibs on hood underside, paint underside of car, hose clamps came loose on a few early cars)

Removing decals and putting new ones on

And about a zillion other questions that we know something about...but always seem to have more questions.

And then a few humorous subjects we need more info on: :hysterical:

featherlax

moon pies and RC cola

thongs

grammar

Dave's legs

and svtkeith's prison record :ohsnap:

Thanks, ShelbyDude...good info

If it ends up at 9,000 regular '500s I would not be shocked. I would be very surprized if they only made 7,000-- but again, it's just my opinion.

You know what I find especially odd?

Ford planning on only 15% HID for GT500s, and 20% for regular Mustangs. Odd. You would think that the GT500 would get a higher % of HID because it's a higher-end car.

IF they produce the 500 this way, I smell a shortage coming for GT500s w/HID (just like the Shaker 1,000 shortages & delays for '07). Most folks I spoke with have indicated they want their GT500s w/HID. Go figure...

Most folks I know don't drive their GT500 at night.

If you look at the 08 GT500 order guide it shows Ford figures the retail mix for the HID Headlamps at 15% of total 08 production.

Also, the 08 Mustang order guide shows the HID Headlamps as an option as well. The order guide on regular mustangs shows the retail mix at 20%.

The HID Headlamps order code is 51H which is the same order code used on both the GT500 and regular mustangs.

So based on that it would appear they would need at least 15,000 sets of these, if not more, just to fill the total retail mix that is being figured by Ford.

Add the total GT500 production of 8,000 for 08 and that would take 1,200 sets needed for the 08 GT500 orders.

That leaves about 13,800 sets for all the regular mustangs.

The HID Headlamps are optional on all V6 Premium Coupes, GT Deluxe and GT Premium coupes, V6 Deluxe and V6 Premium Convertibles and GT Deluxe and GT Premium Convertibles.

So with a retail mix of 20% available on all regular mustangs and with 13,800 left over out of the 15K ordered, that would be a total run of 69,000 regular mustangs.

So that order has to be for all GT500 Mustangs, all V6 Mustangs and all GT Mustangs being built for 08. Especially since the order code is the same for all mustangs.

HID headlamps ordered by Ford for the 500's will only fit the 500's and no other models. The 15,000 sets mentioned are for GT500's only.

?

HID headlamps ordered by Ford for the 500's will only fit the 500's and no other models. The 15,000 sets mentioned are for GT500's only.

?

If they are different then the order codes would have to be different as well.

And if they are saying only 15% for retail mix to get this option on the GT500 then if they were making 15,000 just for the GT500 that would mean 100,000 GT500's to be built.

Will these lamps include the lens or just the inside bulbs? The outside is different, but would the insides be interchangable with all mustangs? If not they would have to use different order codes on the different mustang models. They both show the same order codes on all the models.

If they are different then the order codes would have to be different as well.

And if they are saying only 15% for retail mix to get this option on the GT500 then if they were making 15,000 just for the GT500 that would mean 100,000 GT500's to be built.

Will these lamps include the lens or just the inside bulbs? The outside is different, but would the insides be interchangable with all mustangs? If not they would have to use different order codes on the different mustang models. They both show the same order codes on all the models.

No, because the reflectors and reflector housings must be changed for H.I.D. lamps, and becsuse the 500's grille and hood is different from the GT Mustang, the housings between the two are not compatible. I looked into installing Saleen's H.I.D. lamps into my 500, and unfortunately the housings are not even close. If Ford is going to offer an H.I.D. option on the GT Mustangs, then they will have to two seperate option codes. In the end, I don't believe that Ford is going to offer H.I.D. Lamps in the GT Stangs even though you are seeing an option code for it in the order system now. The order system is flawed too. As an example, I wanted to order heated seats in my SGT. The option code for heated seats was negated by the Shelby upfit code. When I pointed that out to my contact at Ford, it was looked into it and the glitch was resolved. In the end, I was able to order heated seats in my SGT. Probably only one of two SGT's with heated seats.

With respect to your observation that based on the 15,000 H.I.D. lamps that 100,000 08' 500's would be built, don't forget that some of the 15,000 lamps I mentioned will go into the parts system too.

No, because the reflectors and reflector housings must be changed for H.I.D. lamps, and becsuse the 500's grille and hood is different from the GT Mustang, the housings between the two are not compatible. I looked into installing Saleen's H.I.D. lamps into my 500, and unfortunately the housings are not even close. If Ford is going to offer an H.I.D. option on the GT Mustangs, then they will have to two seperate option codes. In the end, I don't believe that Ford is going to offer H.I.D. Lamps in the GT Stangs even though you are seeing an option code for it in the order system now. The order system is flawed too. As an example, I wanted to order heated seats in my SGT. The option code for heated seats was negated by the Shelby upfit code. When I pointed that out to my contact at Ford, it was looked into it and the glitch was resolved. In the end, I was able to order heated seats in my SGT. Probably only one of two SGT's with heated seats.

With respect to your observation that based on the 15,000 H.I.D. lamps that 100,000 08' 500's would be built, don't forget that some of the 15,000 lamps I mentioned will go into the parts system too.

I was looking at the 08 Mustang order guide. They show the HID Headlamps as an option on all models except V6 Coupe Deluxe. All other models have the HID Headlamps as an available option.

The order code in the order guide for 08 Mustang and the order guide for 08 GT500 are both the same. 51H

Marketing Strategy Key Points:

• 2008 Mustang features well-equipped arrays, providing your Mustang customers with both key appearance and

performance-oriented content.

• Side Impact Air Bags have now been made standard on all Mustang body & series combinations.

• 2008 V6 Deluxe packaging has been simplified to promote more ordering consistency on the showroom floor.

• Interior appearance and package upgrades are designed to maintain leadership in the Sports Car segment.

• New options include:

1. Ambient Lighting

2. HID Headlamps

3. 18" wheel on V6 Premium (coupe only)

• New packages include:

1. V6 Safety & Security Package

2. Warriors In Pink Package

• 7 months later...
No details on pricing yet.

It did not say anything about the KR production. So I don't know if that means 8,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's or it means 7,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's for a total of 8,000. They did not say.

Allocation for 07 was given out based on 8,000 units for 07. Later they said 8K-9K units for a total of approx. 18K units total over two years.

All I know is that there is going to be some pissed of dealers and customers that put deposits on a 08 because the dealer was told they would get the same allocation in 08 that they got for 07.

So now every SVT Focus dealer will get one less unit and every full line SVT dealer will get two less units. So any of these dealers that took deposits from customers basing on that allocation will not be able to get the car for those customers....UNLESS any of those dealers just happens to get any extras based on share of nation. But those dealers may have already figured on those extra units as well if they got extra for that in 07.

Bottom line is there will be some customers that get shafted if Ford does this!

Shelby Dude:

Has or will Ford release the total build numbers for the 07 Shelby GT500?? Do you know how you find out when and what number a Shelby was built??

Shelby Dude:

Has or will Ford release the total build numbers for the 07 Shelby GT500?? Do you know how you find out when and what number a Shelby was built??

You have to call SVT and they will give you your build number. They need your vin. You can also purchase a certificate with your build number. Look at my signature. It has build number and number on vista blue coupes

Here ya go! Complete 07 breakdown

BUILD NUMBERS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all!

I've been contacting dealers around me to see if they are expecting any more GT 500s, and they are pretty much saying that they have all been allocated for 2008 and won't be receiving any more.

Anyone know if this is true or how much more time there is for building the GT 500s?

Thanks!

i have been told I can still order a couple more. (one customer was almost completed on an order and our ford rep said it would be built in march and would be delivered in april.)

not sure how many more we will get for stock(I just sold our 8th 2008, in comparison we had 21 2007s.)

Hello, all!

I've been contacting dealers around me to see if they are expecting any more GT 500s, and they are pretty much saying that they have all been allocated for 2008 and won't be receiving any more.

Anyone know if this is true or how much more time there is for building the GT 500s?

Thanks!

They will finish up building them until the end of the 08 production year, which should be through June.

But MOST dealers have already been allocated the one's they will get for the year. We get only ONE and it was ordered in Oct.

Any that are ordered now are ones that are likely scheduled to be built in March/April. April will probably be the last month to get final orders in for any dealers that might have an allocation left.

Most dealers only get one. Some get two and few will get more. So the dealers telling you that THEY have been allocated theirs is correct. Besides, if they had another one coming why would they lie about it? They would want to sell it to you, not tell you they are not getting any more.

I appreciate your info.

The dealer that I would work with (since she could sell it to me for MSRP) is getting in a KR but has not received any updates on the allocation for GT 500s. Should they have been notified already or will there be updates later?

The other dealer near me wants to either add a hefty ADM or ebay theirs. However, he told me that the incoming three will be it for his 2008 allocation.

I was willing to part with my 2003 Stang GT Convertible and my Harley for one as my "mid-life crisis" birthday present to myself, but most of the units in stock already have too many options on them with hefty ADMs. Oh, well...I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Thanks, again!

John "exrub"

I was willing to part with my 2003 Stang GT Convertible and my Harley for one as my "mid-life crisis" birthday present to myself, but most of the units in stock already have too many options on them with hefty ADMs. Oh, well...I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Don't give up now!! Keep checking around... There have been allot popping up at sticker price lately. You have to go after them when they come up.... and you may have to travel a bit because of market areas(price). If your persistent you'll find your car!!!! I know, I was in the same predicament. Very frustrating . :banghead:

I appreciate your info.

The dealer that I would work with (since she could sell it to me for MSRP) is getting in a KR but has not received any updates on the allocation for GT 500s. Should they have been notified already or will there be updates later?

The other dealer near me wants to either add a hefty ADM or ebay theirs. However, he told me that the incoming three will be it for his 2008 allocation.

Thanks, again!

John "exrub"

I wouldn't hold out for your dealer's KR though, since the lottery for allocation hasn't happened, they are not gauranteed to get even one. Ive heard the same thing here at my dealer. But you can find good deals still, and 09 will probably be produced as well. You have time, just find the deal out there. If you ask shelbydude nicely, he can tell you what dealers have a certain color combo in stock, and you can probably just go down the list until you find a dealer you casn bargain with! Good luck!

Don't give up now!! Keep checking around... There have been allot popping up at sticker price lately. You have to go after them when they come up.... and you may have to travel a bit because of market areas(price). If your persistent you'll find your car!!!! I know, I was in the same predicament. Very frustrating . :banghead:

I agree. i picked up my Vapor GT500 yesterday. Awesome. I found it at a small dealership 25 miles east of me. He has one more coming in. He wanted 10K over but I offered MSRP(44570). If he didn't take that I was going to order a Bullitt. He took the MSRP during a bad snow storm. I picked it up on a nice dry day. The only reason a few dealers are taking MSRP is because it's January. Belive me, I have been in the car business for over 20 years. When it starts to warm up on March, demand will be much stronger & supply will be thinner. I know what I am talking about. I buy alot of 04-07 Corvettes, GTO's & Mustangs for my dealership. I buy them in December and January. I could wholesale them to other dealers in march & april for a nice profit. Sp, the same will hold true for the 2008 Gt500's. Push hard & take your check book. Offer MSRP if you find one & be serious. You might get lucky. I was.

I got very lucky, the dealership that sold the 07 I had ordered was sold. The salesman that sold me the 07 stayed. When Ford offered them a second 08 as a new delarship, he spoke with the delareship owners and they gave me the 08 for MSRP. I had to sell my 71 but thought it was worth it. Now Im waiting for the build date. Supose to be delivered Late February early March

Archived