TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Official Update on 2008 GT500 Allocation

This is the offical update just announced by Ford.

Looks like the zone reps were correct about SVT dealers losing allocation for being SVT dealers and that they are going to build less GT500's for 08.

Shelby GT 500 Allocation and Distribution Plan

For the 2008MY the U.S. Ford dealership production is approximately 8,000 units. Shelby GT500 Certified Dealers are eligible for the following allocation:

(1) incremental unit for 2006 Presidents Award winners

(1) "coverage" unit for any dealer enrolled and certified in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Program

Remaining production will be based on Mustang Share of Nation formula.

Former SVT & SVT Focus Dealers will not receive incremental allocation, as they did last year

Individual allocation and scheduling will be communicated by your facing Regional Sales Office

Looks like the zone reps were correct about SVT dealers losing allocation for being SVT dealers and that they are going to build less GT500's for 08.

For the 2008MY the U.S. Ford dealership production is approximately 8,000 units. Shelby GT500 Certified Dealers are eligible for the following allocation:

(1) "coverage" unit for any dealer enrolled and certified in the Shelby GT500 Dealer Program

Former SVT & SVT Focus Dealers will not receive incremental allocation, as they did last year

Individual allocation and scheduling will be communicated by your facing Regional Sales Office

Do you have the skinny on pricing details?

ShelbyDude thanks for the info. So they are building about 1000 less and 1000 will be allocated to be transformed into a KR. So we are looking at 6000 units. I am still hoping for the best (for GT500 availability).

ShelbyDude thanks for the info. So they are building about 1000 less and 1000 will be allocated to be transformed into a KR. So we are looking at 6000 units. I am still hoping for the best (for GT500 availability).

If that's all true, so much for a drop in ADMs.

ShelbyDude...your information in the past, and it's accuracy, have been very insightful. What's your best guess as to the total build for 07 now that we are at the end of the production year?

I ask becuase about this time last year everyone was saying 18,000 to 20,000 cars for 07 and 08. I think we might be closer to 14,000 total for 07 and 08.

ShelbyDude...your information in the past, and it's accuracy, have been very insightful. What's your best guess as to the total build for 07 now that we are at the end of the production year?

I ask becuase about this time last year everyone was saying 18,000 to 20,000 cars for 07 and 08. I think we might be closer to 14,000 total for 07 and 08.

Yes I want to know as well. And I also want to know where are all these cars going? I've only heard of 3 or 4 in Connecticut.

Production allocation is a fluid issue. What comes out as offical information now may not stay offical going forward. I attended a meeting at FoMoCo west yesterday and that offical statement was already being rebuffed as not necessarly being accurate.

As you well know the objective is to sell cars and make money. If a manufacturer has a "hot potato", they will make as many as production can handle. Based on yesterday's 08' line up meeting, things still look good for 2008 production ending at about 10,000 units less the 1,000 going to KR production.

I still maintain that there will be about 9,000 "regular" GT500 for 2008. I also back up that opinion by what a contact of mine at Sylvanya told me. They are initally producing about 15,000 sets of H.I.D.'s lamps for the 08' 500. H.I.D.'s are a expensive option, but aparantly someone at Ford believes that they are going to sell a shit load of H.I.D. lamp options on the 08' 500's. Sure, some of those lights are for parts stock (and one set for my 07), but 15,000 units is a allot of lamps.

9,000 regular units for 2008. That's my bet.

No details on pricing yet.

It did not say anything about the KR production. So I don't know if that means 8,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's or it means 7,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's for a total of 8,000. They did not say.

Allocation for 07 was given out based on 8,000 units for 07. Later they said 8K-9K units for a total of approx. 18K units total over two years.

All I know is that there is going to be some pissed of dealers and customers that put deposits on a 08 because the dealer was told they would get the same allocation in 08 that they got for 07.

So now every SVT Focus dealer will get one less unit and every full line SVT dealer will get two less units. So any of these dealers that took deposits from customers basing on that allocation will not be able to get the car for those customers....UNLESS any of those dealers just happens to get any extras based on share of nation. But those dealers may have already figured on those extra units as well if they got extra for that in 07.

Bottom line is there will be some customers that get shafted if Ford does this!

No details on pricing yet.

It did not say anything about the KR production. So I don't know if that means 8,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's or it means 7,000 GT500's plus 1,000 KR's for a total of 8,000. They did not say.

Allocation for 07 was given out based on 8,000 units for 07. Later they said 8K-9K units for a total of approx. 18K units total over two years.

All I know is that there is going to be some pissed of dealers and customers that put deposits on a 08 because the dealer was told they would get the same allocation in 08 that they got for 07.

So now every SVT Focus dealer will get one less unit and every full line SVT dealer will get two less units. So any of these dealers that took deposits from customers basing on that allocation will not be able to get the car for those customers....UNLESS any of those dealers just happens to get any extras based on share of nation. But those dealers may have already figured on those extra units as well if they got extra for that in 07.

Bottom line is there will be some customers that get shafted if Ford does this!

Thanks a million, SD.

SV

He said She said that the "rep" said has proven to be wrong in the past more times than I can remember. This is nothing more than hype in another costume. There seems to be no end to the tricks these guys employ to cultivate the perception of scarcity and the need to pay an unjustified price. Do you honestly believe that one of the largest corporate entities on the planet can't build a couple thousand more Mustangs. Let logic and common sense factor into your decisions here.

There is no he said she said on this one. This is the official release directly from Ford. On this one it is FORD said.

I did not post this to scare anyone into rushing out to buy one.

I posted this because it will affect a lot of buyers that had already placed deposits on a 2008 through any SVT dealers. Those dealers that were given allocation because of their SVT status will not get their allocation now because of this.

So if you have been dealing with a SVT dealer where you are second, third, fourth, etc. on their list you likely will not get the car.

He said She said that the "rep" said has proven to be wrong in the past more times than I can remember. This is nothing more than hype in another costume. There seems to be no end to the tricks these guys employ to cultivate the perception of scarcity and the need to pay an unjustified price. Do you honestly believe that one of the largest corporate entities on the planet can't build a couple thousand more Mustangs. Let logic and common sense factor into your decisions here.

Drhooligan - would you simply just go away. I've watched you continually push your 1-dimensional pissing and moaning on price and attack every dealer that contributes to the board.

GO AWAY -

HSURB

Our dealer members here are Shelby / Mustang guys period. They are consumers of the products that we all love too. They provide very valuable information and help members get into cars that otherwise could not be found. These guys have access to info that we can't get and most of us really like getting the inside poop on the Shelby and Mustangs.

I know that some of the info has been incorrect...but most of it has been right on the money. If members keep giving our dealer members a negitive hard time then they will go away. I know that has happened here on this forum. I for one appreciate the dealers here on this site and the info that they provide.

Let's try not to be so negitive and try putting on one of these--------> :)

Our dealer members here are Shelby / Mustang guys period. They are consumers of the products that we all love too. They provide very valuable information and help members get into cars that otherwise could not be found. These guys have access to info that we can't get and most of us really like getting the inside poop on the Shelby and Mustangs.

I know that some of the info has been incorrect...but most of it has been right on the money. If members keep giving our dealer members a negitive hard time then they will go away. I know that has happened here on this forum. I for one appreciate the dealers here on this site and the info that they provide.

Let's try not to be so negitive and try putting on one of these--------> :)

I've got my smile on now.

On Monday I called my Dealer and the slaesman said that the Rep said the Dealership

would get two Shelby GT500 for 2008. The got two last year but they recieved the

president award this year. So it looks like they are getting less than they would have gotten

in 2007. Still waiting for the prices for the 2008 Shelby GT500.

Those people who are being left out in the cold on the Shelby GT500. Get on the list for

the 2009's , Mustang Bullet or wait for the Boss. Your time will come.

On Monday I called my Dealer and the slaesman said that the Rep said the Dealership

would get two Shelby GT500 for 2008. The got two last year but they recieved the

president award this year. So it looks like they are getting less than they would have gotten

in 2007. Still waiting for the prices for the 2008 Shelby GT500.

Those people who are being left out in the cold on the Shelby GT500. Get on the list for

the 2009's , Mustang Bullet or wait for the Boss. Your time will come.

The Bullitt is a 2008 that is suppose to be out the second half of 08.

Production allocation is a fluid issue. What comes out as offical information now may not stay offical going forward. I attended a meeting at FoMoCo west yesterday and that offical statement was already being rebuffed as not necessarly being accurate.

As you well know the objective is to sell cars and make money. If a manufacturer has a "hot potato", they will make as many as production can handle. Based on yesterday's 08' line up meeting, things still look good for 2008 production ending at about 10,000 units less the 1,000 going to KR production.

I still maintain that there will be about 9,000 "regular" GT500 for 2008. I also back up that opinion by what a contact of mine at Sylvanya told me. They are initally producing about 15,000 sets of H.I.D.'s lamps for the 08' 500. H.I.D.'s are a expensive option, but aparantly someone at Ford believes that they are going to sell a shit load of H.I.D. lamp options on the 08' 500's. Sure, some of those lights are for parts stock (and one set for my 07), but 15,000 units is a allot of lamps.

9,000 regular units for 2008. That's my bet.

If you look at the 08 GT500 order guide it shows Ford figures the retail mix for the HID Headlamps at 15% of total 08 production.

Also, the 08 Mustang order guide shows the HID Headlamps as an option as well. The order guide on regular mustangs shows the retail mix at 20%.

The HID Headlamps order code is 51H which is the same order code used on both the GT500 and regular mustangs.

So based on that it would appear they would need at least 15,000 sets of these, if not more, just to fill the total retail mix that is being figured by Ford.

Add the total GT500 production of 8,000 for 08 and that would take 1,200 sets needed for the 08 GT500 orders.

That leaves about 13,800 sets for all the regular mustangs.

The HID Headlamps are optional on all V6 Premium Coupes, GT Deluxe and GT Premium coupes, V6 Deluxe and V6 Premium Convertibles and GT Deluxe and GT Premium Convertibles.

So with a retail mix of 20% available on all regular mustangs and with 13,800 left over out of the 15K ordered, that would be a total run of 69,000 regular mustangs.

So that order has to be for all GT500 Mustangs, all V6 Mustangs and all GT Mustangs being built for 08. Especially since the order code is the same for all mustangs.

I apoligize for a perception and an opinion regarding this "Official" announcement that differs from yours.

I find it interesting that with each and every tid bit of official, inside information there is an editorial regarding prices and or projected availability that is wildly in favor of the retailer.

Opinions are like a$$holes! Everyone has one!

We can all base opinions on anything we want. I have mine opinions like anyone else. But when I give my opinion I state is just my opinion and not claim that to be factual, but just my opinion.

What I posted was not an opinion. It is factual information that comes directly from Ford. It is not what I was told by anyone that works for Ford. It is what Ford posted to all their dealers.

What I posted was an exact quote from Ford. It was copied and pasted here word for word. It was not what I percieved based on what I read. It is word for word that was in print and posted by Ford.

Here is the entire release word for word so you won't need to feel you were only given just a tid bit of official information. The only thing I will change is blocking out the name and phone numbers that are posted with this. So this way you won't have to second guess anything. You have the facts.

May 17, 2007

To: All Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers

Subject: 2008 Shelby GT500 Program Information

Overview

Ford Sales Division is excited to announce the Shelby GT500 for the 2008 model year! While much of 2008 model program is "carryover", we ask you take notice to new vehicle features, and distribution plan for this model year.

New for 2008 Shelby GT500

All new HID- High Intensity Discharge headlamps option (51H)

All new Ambient Lighting Option (95M)

Vapor Clearcoat Metallic (ZY) replaces both Satin Silver and Tungsten

Ebony (85E) and Alloy (85A) stripes now available with selected exterior colors

Remaining Certification Payments

Per Shelby certification agreement, allocation of one Shelby GT500 unit for each 2007 and 2008 model years is provided to the dealer, along with related marketing material and online sales training.

Total fee for the 2007/2008 Program was $1,500

The first two payments of $375 were charged to the enrolled dealer's P&A account last year (Sep & Nov)

The remaining two payments of $375 will be charged in 3rd Qtr and 4th Qtr of 2007

We recommend that these payments be posted to Sales Department Expense - Training, however your dealer management may want to post the charges to a different account

Additional questions on the certification fee payments can be directed to XXX-XXX-XXXX

Website

Access the latest Ford Performance news regarding Shelby GT500, photo and video gallery, color selector, and specs at www.svt.ford.com, which is available through the Mustang page on www.fordvehicles.com. Click on the Shelby GT500 image, and then follow the link "Shelby GT500" in the description to more information.

Questions can be addressed to the Shelby GT 500 Program Headquarters at X-XXX-XXX-XXXX

XXXXXXXXXX,

Mustang Brand Manager

I appreciate all the info Shelby Dude posts to the forum. I've been to a number of dealerships that have absolutely no clue as to what is going with any of the Shelby models. At one dealership I overheard a salesman telling a customer the that there were only 500-600 Shelby GTs being produced. (They had the car priced at $59,995!) So getting accurate info is difficult at best.

Official info from Ford can change anytime they decide to officially change it.

Yes I want to know as well. And I also want to know where are all these cars going? I've only heard of 3 or 4 in Connecticut.

I don't know where they all went or where they all are going but I can tell you where they all are as far as any remaining units that are currently sitting on lots, or that are enroute to dealers.

This is a State by State breakdown on how many are out there in each State.

This was about a week ago when I put this together so it may changed some since. But it gives you the general idea of what is out there in each State.

TOTAL STATE BY STATE BREAKDOWN OF GT500’S CURRENTLY SHOWING IN INVENTORY

ALASKA – 7 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 0 CONVERTIBLES

ALABAMA – 64 DEALERS – 6 COUPES – 6 CONVERTIBLES

ARKANSAS – 55 DEALERS – 8 COUPES – 3 CONVERTIBLES

ARIZONA – 37 DEALERS – 11 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

CALIFORNIA – 210 DEALERS – 140 COUPES – 35 CONVERTIBLES

COLORADO – 43 DEALERS – 12 COUPES – 7 CONVERTIBLES

CONNECTICUT – 44 DEALERS – 4 COUPES – 1 CONVERTIBLE

DELAWARE – 10 DEALERS – 0 COUPES – 0 CONVERTIBLES

FLORIDA – 110 DEALERS – 23 COUPES – 14 CONVERTIBLES

GEORGIA – 121 DEALERS – 23 COUPES – 5 CONVERTIBLES

HAWAII – 6 DEALERS – 5 COUPES – 1 CONVERTIBLE

IOWA - 102 DEALERS – 8 COUPES – 3 CONVERTIBLES

IDAHO – 22 DEALERS – 0 COUPES – 0 CONVERTIBLES

ILLINOIS – 172 DEALERS – 17 COUPES – 10 CONVERTIBLES

INDIANA – 103 DEALERS – 12 COUPES – 7 CONVERTIBLES

KANSAS – 63 DEALERS – 5 COUPES – 5 CONVERTIBLES

KENTUCKY – 58 DEALERS – 11 COUPES – 3 CONVERTIBLES

LOUISIANA – 65 DEALERS – 11 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

MASSACHUSETTS – 61 DEALERS – 15 COUPES – 6 CONVERTIBLES

MARYLAND – 44 DEALERS – 7 COUPES – 5 CONVERTIBLES

MAINE – 28 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 2 CONVERTIBLES

MICHIGAN – 148 DEALERS – 16 COUPES – 10 CONVERTIBLES

MINNESOTA – 102 DEALERS – 12 COUPES – 7 CONVERTIBLES

MISSOURI – 114 DEALERS – 19 COUPES – 8 CONVERTIBLES

MISSISSIPPI – 51 DEALERS – 11 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

MONTANA – 33 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 3 CONVERTIBLES

NORTH CAROLINA – 118 DEALERS – 12 COUPES – 8 CONVERTIBLES

NORTH DAKOTA – 24 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 0 CONVERTIBLES

NEBRASKA – 55 DEALERS – 8 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

NEVADA – 11 DEALERS – 4 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

NEW HAMPSHIRE – 24 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 2 CONVERTIBLES

NEW JERSEY – 69 DEALERS – 9 COUPES – 5 CONVERTIBLES

NEW MEXICO – 26 DEALERS – 8 COUPES – 3 CONVERTIBLES

NEW YORK – 170 DEALERS – 19 COUPES – 17 CONVERTIBLES

OHIO – 168 DEALERS – 19 COUPES – 14 CONVERTIBLES

OKLAHOMA – 74 DEALERS – 4 COUPES – 3 CONVERTIBLES

OREGON – 47 DEALERS – 2 COUPES – 4 CONVERTIBLES

PENNSYLVANIA – 188 DEALERS – 13 COUPES – 11 CONVERTIBLES

RHODE ISLAND – 5 DEALERS – 2 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

SOUTH CAROLINA – 59 DEALERS – 8 COUPES – 4 CONVERTIBLES

SOUTH DAKOTA – 37 DEALERS – 2 COUPES – 4 CONVERTIBLES

TENNESSEE – 80 DEALERS – 12 COUPES – 6 CONVERTIBLES

TEXAS – 262 DEALERS – 55 COUPES – 16 CONVERTIBLES

UTAH – 27 DEALERS – 2 COUPES – 0 CONVERTIBLES

VIRGINIA – 87 DEALERS – 19 COUPES – 8 CONVERTIBLES

VERMONT – 18 DEALERS – 2 COUPES – 2 CONVERTIBLES

WASHINGTON – 56 DEALERS – 16 COUPES – 7 CONVERTIBLES

WISCONSIN – 130 DEALERS – 10 COUPES – 5 CONVERTIBLES

WEST VIRGINIA – 37 DEALERS – 3 COUPES – 1 CONVERTIBLE

WYOMING – 16 DEALERS – 1 COUPE – 0 CONVERTIBLES

TOTAL COUPES - 611

TOTAL CONVERTIBLES – 273

TOTAL COUPES & CONVERTIBLES - 884

Opinions are like a$$holes! Everyone has one!

We can all base opinions on anything we want. I have mine opinions like anyone else. But when I give my opinion I state is just my opinion and not claim that to be factual, but just my opinion.

What I posted was not an opinion. It is factual information that comes directly from Ford. It is not what I was told by anyone that works for Ford. It is what Ford posted to all their dealers.

What I posted was an exact quote from Ford. It was copied and pasted here word for word. It was not what I percieved based on what I read. It is word for word that was in print and posted by Ford.

Here is the entire release word for word so you won't need to feel you were only given just a tid bit of official information. The only thing I will change is blocking out the name and phone numbers that are posted with this. So this way you won't have to second guess anything. You have the facts.

May 17, 2007

To: All Ford Dealer Principals and Sales Managers

Subject: 2008 Shelby GT500 Program Information

Overview

Ford Sales Division is excited to announce the Shelby GT500 for the 2008 model year! While much of 2008 model program is "carryover", we ask you take notice to new vehicle features, and distribution plan for this model year.

New for 2008 Shelby GT500

All new HID- High Intensity Discharge headlamps option (51H)

All new Ambient Lighting Option (95M)

Vapor Clearcoat Metallic (ZY) replaces both Satin Silver and Tungsten

Ebony (85E) and Alloy (85A) stripes now available with selected exterior colors

Remaining Certification Payments

Per Shelby certification agreement, allocation of one Shelby GT500 unit for each 2007 and 2008 model years is provided to the dealer, along with related marketing material and online sales training.

Total fee for the 2007/2008 Program was $1,500

The first two payments of $375 were charged to the enrolled dealer's P&A account last year (Sep & Nov)

The remaining two payments of $375 will be charged in 3rd Qtr and 4th Qtr of 2007

We recommend that these payments be posted to Sales Department Expense - Training, however your dealer management may want to post the charges to a different account

Additional questions on the certification fee payments can be directed to XXX-XXX-XXXX

Website

Access the latest Ford Performance news regarding Shelby GT500, photo and video gallery, color selector, and specs at www.svt.ford.com, which is available through the Mustang page on www.fordvehicles.com. Click on the Shelby GT500 image, and then follow the link "Shelby GT500" in the description to more information.

Questions can be addressed to the Shelby GT 500 Program Headquarters at X-XXX-XXX-XXXX

XXXXXXXXXX,

Mustang Brand Manager

Thanks for the information and I really like your Shelby GT500

If you look at the 08 GT500 order guide it shows Ford figures the retail mix for the HID Headlamps at 15% of total 08 production.

Also, the 08 Mustang order guide shows the HID Headlamps as an option as well. The order guide on regular mustangs shows the retail mix at 20%.

The HID Headlamps order code is 51H which is the same order code used on both the GT500 and regular mustangs.

So based on that it would appear they would need at least 15,000 sets of these, if not more, just to fill the total retail mix that is being figured by Ford.

Add the total GT500 production of 8,000 for 08 and that would take 1,200 sets needed for the 08 GT500 orders.

That leaves about 13,800 sets for all the regular mustangs.

The HID Headlamps are optional on all V6 Premium Coupes, GT Deluxe and GT Premium coupes, V6 Deluxe and V6 Premium Convertibles and GT Deluxe and GT Premium Convertibles.

So with a retail mix of 20% available on all regular mustangs and with 13,800 left over out of the 15K ordered, that would be a total run of 69,000 regular mustangs.

So that order has to be for all GT500 Mustangs, all V6 Mustangs and all GT Mustangs being built for 08. Especially since the order code is the same for all mustangs.

[/quot

I have read this board on a daily basis since about Nov 2006 and have contributed occasionally. I have learned a great deal of valuable and useful information from the posts of various members. My original intent was to purchase SGT and remember getting into some heated discussions comparing the SGT to the GT500. At that time I felt that the SGT had more usable power and was a more "drivable" car for the street. During the course of my interactions with bd members I must say that my mind was change and after driving tne 500 a few times I knew that there was no comparison and I had to have one. I cancelled my order for the SGT and found a white with blue stripes coupe and have never looked back. Now for my point! I am amazed at the negative attitude of some bd members. It seems that if the poster does not present a view to their liking they immediately spew venom and claim it it is all BS, this seems especially true in the areas of ADM and production numbers. Tell me what I want to hear or I will flame you.

Shelby Dude has , in my opinion , posted some extremely useful information. Information which I'm sure has benefited a great many people. I've always believed that it is always best to keep quiet unless you have something useful,valuable or at least funny to contribute. Shelby Dude right on ,keep it coming!

Now a question. I've heard the mention frequently of"full line "SVT dealers. I know that all Ford dealers are now considered SVT dealers but how can I find a list of those dealers who were previously designated 'full line" SVT . They would be the ones I would consider if I neede to have any serious work done by a dealer.

Mike

I don't know where they all went or where they all are going but I can tell you where they all are as far as any remaining units that are currently sitting on lots, or that are enroute to dealers.

This is a State by State breakdown on how many are out there in each State.

This was about a week ago when I put this together so it may changed some since. But it gives you the general idea of what is out there in each State.

TOTAL STATE BY STATE BREAKDOWN OF GT500’S CURRENTLY SHOWING IN INVENTORY

TOTAL COUPES - 611

TOTAL CONVERTIBLES – 273

Thank you ShelbyDude!! :D

I appreciate all the info Shelby Dude posts to the forum. I've been to a number of dealerships that have absolutely no clue as to what is going with any of the Shelby models. At one dealership I overheard a salesman telling a customer the that there were only 500-600 Shelby GTs being produced. (They had the car priced at $59,995!) So getting accurate info is difficult at best.

Official info from Ford can change anytime they decide to officially change it.

I only believe the information that a can put my hands on when it come to the GT500. Distribution is what it is. I have seen one mediocre (in size) dealership receive at least ten GT500's. I do feel for the guy that isn't connected. Life is not fair, so play to win.

Thanks, ShelbyDude...good info

If it ends up at 9,000 regular '500s I would not be shocked. I would be very surprized if they only made 7,000-- but again, it's just my opinion.

You know what I find especially odd?

Ford planning on only 15% HID for GT500s, and 20% for regular Mustangs. Odd. You would think that the GT500 would get a higher % of HID because it's a higher-end car.

IF they produce the 500 this way, I smell a shortage coming for GT500s w/HID (just like the Shaker 1,000 shortages & delays for '07). Most folks I spoke with have indicated they want their GT500s w/HID. Go figure...

Thanks, ShelbyDude...good info

If it ends up at 9,000 regular '500s I would not be shocked. I would be very surprized if they only made 7,000-- but again, it's just my opinion.

Ford planning on only 15% HID for GT500s, and 20% for regular Mustangs. Odd. You would think that the GT500 would get a higher % of HID because it's a higher-end car.

IF they produce the 500 this way, I smell a shortage coming for GT500s w/HID (just like the Shaker 1,000 shortages & delays for '07). Most folks I spoke with have indicated they want their GT500s w/HID. Go figure...

Now even more people will desire them because we all want what we cannot have. A shortfall has been declared/implied and there will be a stampede toward this option now. I love it!

Yeah. Didn't Ford originally think that there would be far fewer people who would want stripes on their GT500 - which has, and continues to be, a choke point (stripe install) during the mfrg process? I'd guess that, at minimum, 40-50% would want the HID's (depending on the price of course).

Yeah. Didn't Ford originally think that there would be far fewer people who would want stripes on their GT500 - which has, and continues to be, a choke point (stripe install) during the mfrg process? I'd guess that, at minimum, 40-50% would want the HID's (depending on the price of course).

YUP! :yup:

Another thing:

TOTAL COUPES - 611

TOTAL CONVERTIBLES – 273

This is a lot of inventory this late in MY07 if they only made ~9, 000 units! About 1 out of 10 made is still sitting on the lot...

And the 2008's are on order!!!

Oops, logic prevails ;)

+1

Archived