TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tci Shifter

HARALD KELLEY

Reaching out:

Just purchased a TCI ratchet shifter. I have some good instructions and posts from others. However, sounds like a second pair of hands may be helpful. That said, anyone in the area put in a TCI ratchet shifter before and willing to provide some assistance- Marina area?

If so let me know and we can coordinate off line

Sorry I can't help you with an extra pair of hands but my brother and I installed mine so if you have any questions send me a PM and I will help as much as possible.

Thanks Larry. I read your post and printed out your install. Seems fairly straight forward other than the torque issue.

It is so unusually easy. The hardest part is the cable clip. Just make sure you read the instructions and don't over tighten the 4 bolts that hold it down. There are suppose to be torqued in inch/pounds not foot/pounds. That the mistake that I made.

Yes, installation is pretty darn easy and straight forward. If the plastic clip does happen to break, they are readily available from Ford. I made sure that I had one available when I changed mine since it's a cheap clip, but I didn't need it. Mine was fine as I was carful when popping it off.

Archived