TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Members On Track Racing Photos

Kevin Patten

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks as if it's a fun track.

Speaking of annoying sound tracks, you can turn off the sound in these primitive transfers of 8mm movies to VHS to DVD if it annoys you.

To those who are used to fast-Mustang speeds, the in-car stuff might look like slow-motion, but take my word for it: they were made as fast as I could get us to go. All taken from a Chevrolet VEGA Kammback (two-door station wagon) in the very early 1970s. In case it's not obvious, you'll get a chance to travel around Ontario Motor Speedway, Riverside International raceway, Old Tijuana Airport, and Old Holtville, all tracks that are now defunct, dead, they have rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. These are ex-racing tracks.

The Tijuana Airport film is jumpy and gets stuck some, because the actual acetate was a poorly executed copy of the original, which I mistakenly gave away.

Note in the RIR Rain film one of the stars is the well-known proprietor of Fast Line racing school (Willow Springs).

The last two are un-edited evocations of what the racing was like for amateurs (Holtville Aerodrome International Raceway 1972) and professionals (RIR 1975).

Edited by Frank S

Looks as if it's a fun track.

Speaking of annoying sound tracks, you can turn off the sound in these primitive transfers of 8mm movies to VHS to DVD if it annoys you.

To those who are used to fast-Mustang speeds, the in-car stuff might look like slow-motion, but take my word for it: they were made as fast as I could get us to go. All taken from a Chevrolet VEGA Kammback (two-door station wagon) in the very early 1970s. In case it's not obvious, you'll get a chance to travel around Ontario Motor Speedway, Riverside International raceway, Old Tijuana Airport, and Old Holtville, all tracks that are now defunct, dead, they have rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. These are ex-racing tracks.

The Tijuana Airport film is jumpy and gets stuck some, because the actual acetate was a poorly executed copy of the original, which I mistakenly gave away.

Note in the RIR Rain film one of the stars is the well-known proprietor of Fast Line racing school (Willow Springs).

The last two are un-edited evocations of what the racing was like for amateurs (Holtville Aerodrome International Raceway 1972) and professionals (RIR 1975).

Ontario Motor Speedway

Riverside Internatonal Raceway Laps

RIR Turn One In The Rain

Old Tijuana Airport

Willow Springs International Raceway Laps

Holtville Aerodrome International Raceway Lap

Holtville Activity

RIR Can-Am

These are amazing time capsules of Southern California sports car racing Frank. The Riverside ones really bring back memories. Thanks for posting.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Looks Great Sam

Thanks Jim! It was a blast - better than last year, weather was perfect!

Got interviewed by Dan Scanlan of Florida Times-Union for this article: (more pics!)

http://jacksonville.com/autos/2017-03-24/classics-carved-corners-second-svra-vintage-race-fernandina-airport

Sam

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Missed your chance to run at

Riverside International Raceway?

Ontario Motor Speedway?

Holtville Aerodrome International Raceway?

Click the bolded/italicized text to see In-Vega 8mm films from 1971, '72, '73.

These will be much slower than Mustangers are used to, but I

guarantee there is very little speed left in the RIR and OMS laps;

the HAIR lap is a demo-only effort just to show where it all went.

Page with links to those videos and a few others from the era.

RIR track diagram; OMS; Holtville.

If the noise of a primitive 8mm-to-VHS-to-MP4 transfer bothers you,

turn off the sound.

EDIT:

Much better video transfers (commercial service iMemories.com).

No sound/commentary.

RIR

OMS

Edited by Frank S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

At Pacific (Kent, WA) Raceways July 2017 Mustang Round Up < Ride N Drive. Heading out of Turn 5. Let's invade the Mustang Round Up for 2018 on July 19th sign up here on Motorsports REG: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/mustangs-northwest-ride-drive-pacific-raceways-918874   Tell Shannon we sent you!

2017GT350PacificJuly.jpg

Edited by FR500S Racer
update for 2018 Ride N Drive event at Pacific Raceways, Great place for Team Shelby members/enthusiasts to meet up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Your new Shelby Racing banner is looking pretty good , and I really like your pod gauges on your dash!  :cool:

Later!

"MONGOOSE"   :peelout: