TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Tpsm Sensors Not Recognized By Computer In 07 Shelby Gt

Recently bought CS 40 wheels and tires from American Muscle. Had them mounted, balanced, sensors installed and nitrogen filled. After receiving them and having them installed on the car, the TPSM sensors will not operate. Butler Tire said they are working but not being "read" by the car so "Tire sensor" light is on.

Anyone else have a problem with these sensors not being compatible with the car's system? Any ideas to correct?

Tool didn't make it work. Tried with the nitrogen in the tire, let it out, filled it back up, used 2 different transmitter tools, would not sync with car.

Nitrogen doesn't have anything to do with it. There's already almost 80% Nitrogen in the atmosphere so even with 'pump air', you have mostly Nitrogen in your tires.

It sounds like you have the wrong sensors. The early (pre '10) sensors and later ('10 + later) are different from each other and are not compatible so you need to be sure you have the correct era sensors for your car.

Phill

I got my wheels and tires from AM about the same time as my friend Doug (Doug_GT350). I had no problem with setting my sensors, but he had a hard time with them on his 07 SGT. If I recall he had to deflate and re-inflate a couple times to get the sensors to reset. Shoot him a PM, he'd be happy to tell you how he got his straightened out.

I got my wheels and tires from AM about the same time as my friend Doug (Doug_GT350). I had no problem with setting my sensors, but he had a hard time with them on his 07 SGT. If I recall he had to deflate and re-inflate a couple times to get the sensors to reset. Shoot him a PM, he'd be happy to tell you how he got his straightened out.

uh huh! That's what I did.... Seems the TPMS's "go to sleep" after about six hours. Deflating and re-inflating restarts the computer. I assume you went through the song and dance with the ignition switch and the brake to get the computer into the learning mode?

Yes... Thanks Doug and you others for the help. Perhaps AM should acknowledge this problem with the 07 SGT and offer better solutions. I will try your suggestions and let you know. Later!

if you bought the sensors from AM they should work, mine did! I just waited too long to set them and they went to sleep. I helped another member with his 2007 500 and the same tool worked on his after deflating and inflating. Ya just have to do it right away and stand on your head while holding the antenna and tuning the key on and off.......

Yes. We did let some air out of the left front, no help, let out all the air and refilled, no help. Used 2 different "tools" to sync, no help. Perhaps we should swap the front wheels and try the other one... I don't really know... Perplexing for sure.

Okay so once you do the ignition key tango and the onboard computer says it's "ready to learn", the TMPS won't link to the tool? If that's the case then the TMPS's may be too new for 2007 computer. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

Again I'll say good luck.

Yes. We did let some air out of the left front, no help, let out all the air and refilled, no help. Used 2 different "tools" to sync, no help. Perhaps we should swap the front wheels and try the other one... I don't really know... Perplexing for sure.

I had the same issue on my 07GT with valve stem mounted TPMS from AM. Tried letting the air out etc. with no luck. Emailed the US rep for oro-tek the tpms manufacturer, their rep said to take the valve core totally out of the stem and let each wheel sit for 5-10 minutes before re-filling with air. I was skeptical but it worked perfect.

I had the same issue on my 07GT with valve stem mounted TPMS from AM. Tried letting the air out etc. with no luck. Emailed the US rep for oro-tek the tpms manufacturer, their rep said to take the valve core totally out of the stem and let each wheel sit for 5-10 minutes before re-filling with air. I was skeptical but it worked perfect.

For what it's worth that's how I deflated mine..... by removing the core. I never thought that would matter but I will keep that in mind for future discussions!

I had to do the same thing, my sensors went into sleep mode before I pu the wheels on the car. I had it on a lift doing some other work and let the air out of all 4 tires completely, let it sit for a while (15-30) mins and then re-inflated them. They synced up right away once refilled. You have to let them sit for a while without the air, at least that's what my instructions said.

Jeff

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread. I put a set of SVE's on from LMR and bought the new stem mounted TPMS car wouldn't learn even when we dropped pressure in tire down to 15. LMR sent out a new set of sensors and we (discount tire) just tried training them to the car with his tool and the supplied tool from FOMCO. Neither worked. I have a push to start system which shouldn't cause any issues because the car goes into the learn mode? Car is an 07.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI for those that want to get rid of the band style TPMS and move to a valve mounted style. I was finally able to get a setup that would work. I went with ORO-TEK OTI-001B which I found on Amazon for $27 each. They trained with out issue. I tried two sets of the same brand from LMR and for whatever reason they would not train to my 07 SGT.

I had a TMPS replaced this morning under warrantee. It had been losing air for a while at the rate of about a pound a day and I finally got it replaced. I asked the Ford Service tech if you could do away with the TMPS system altogether and just use standard valve stems while turning off the fault light. He said he didn't think it was possible and the low pressure light would come on.

Are you confident each tire has a sensor?
I bought razor's with 4 x valve TPMS sensors from AM.

After screwing around a couple of hours I could not get 1 sensor to sync out of the 4. Tried everything, deflating, driving around etc.
And then I found out they forgot to include it in that wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a stupid question, but can you remove the TPMS altogether and just go with conventional valve stems and turn off the warning lights?

A friend of mine grew tired of the tpms sensors. He said that he removed the instrument cluster bezel and put a small piece of tape over the warning light. He added that he doesn't notice the tape and he only has to hit reset. When I was having issues with training my tpms I still had a set of rims stored in my garage that were trained to my car. I found that my warning buzzer/light would not activate for 75-100 miles, a dealer tech told me that the system was still reading the rims stored in the garage.

We recently bought an Audi S3 as a daily driver, I was happy to find that the tpms system is hub mounted with no wheel sensors. When you change a wheel you input the tire pressure into the cars computer. No messing with sensors. The way I like to change wheels on the Mustang I sure wish all cars were like that.

Archived