TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Shock Tower Brace

gtup1

Anyone seen the Steeda X brace shock tower brace. Two models, one that allows you to leave the rear seat intact, opposed to the Boss 302 style seat delete. Looks like a nice set up, any chance of something like that from SPP. Would sure look nice with the CS or Shelby logo engraved in the center plate. What do you think Jer? Might even be able to make the lower brackets attach to the current Shelby shock tower brace for added rigidity and for anyone that already has that one installed. I'm waiting to place my order.

I have that one, Steeda came out with one that's an X brace like the Boss 302, only you don't have to remove the rear seat. The X brace gives a lot more rigidity to the rear chassis. Our current version ties the two rear shock towers together that lowers flex but the X braces against any flex in the rear chassis.

We've designed our own... it's very cool, and unique to us. If we didn't have the distraction of the big move, it would be available already. I hope to get it out ASAP.

Jer

You da man! Any chance it will work in conjunction with the other SPP shock tower brace?

Yup!

Jer

Yup!

Jer

Jer, your stock with me was already pretty good but this just boosted it 10%! I can't wait, any chance it will be released before the NC 50th celebration, I want to do a little track time. Since I requested development do I get the first one? You have my credit card on file!

The new one works WITH the current one...

Jer

I believe you're #2 see Nov. 16 , 2012 request in requested items for development . :lol:

Ok I'll take number two, as long as I can get it installed before the trek to Charlotte. Heck I'd be Happy to submit the pictures for install and for the SPP website so everyone can see what it looks like. ;)

• 5 months later...

I would venture to say, with Jer's unfortunate exit this may be off the board or way down the road. Heck with Jer on hand it was already a 2 year project request. I'm not going to bad mouth SPP but I think most of us will undoubtedly miss Jer for many reasons. I don't like the way Jer was forced out but I'm patiently waiting to see what transpires over the next few months.

Ask for blue boy because I'll be sitting in the corner holding my breath!

I'm afraid any new parts that were in development are probably not going to happen. I agree I don't like how they handled getting rid of Jer, but it is time for the new guy to step up and listen to their customer base, if even to say "no we're not going to"...whether it be for development cost etc. I know a lot has been said and a lot have voiced not spending another dime on parts from SA because of Jer's departure, but I also think of the other workers, Tim (in parts) specifically and I don't want to hurt their income because the boss in the glass office made a bad decision.

Archived