TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Special Edition Gt-H?

GaryF

Curious - has anyone ever heard of any 'special edition' GT-H's? I was informed recently that there was a special "LAX" edition of the GT-H (not sure if it was '06 or '07) for those rented out of LAX. That was the 1st I've heard of such a thing. Not real sure what would have made them more 'special' then they already were though, if it's true.

Curious - has anyone ever heard of any 'special edition' GT-H's? I was informed recently that there was a special "LAX" edition of the GT-H (not sure if it was '06 or '07) for those rented out of LAX. That was the 1st I've heard of such a thing. Not real sure what would have made them more 'special' then they already were though, if it's true.

No such thing, you were misinformed. Did you not ask the person who gave you this info what made these non-existent cars special?

Steve

Thanks Steve. I thought so, but had to ask anyway. I've never seen anyone talk about it in this forum setting. Other than him saying it had 20 in wheels (which anyone can add - although it must have very low profile tires), he didn't say what else was 'extra special' about it. :headscratch: BTW, I did find out it's CSM #06H0213.

Thanks Steve. I thought so, but had to ask anyway. I've never seen anyone talk about it in this forum setting. Other than him saying it had 20 in wheels (which anyone can add - although it must have very low profile tires), he didn't say what else was 'extra special' about it. :headscratch: BTW, I did find out it's CSM #06H0213.

Well if you ever come across someone claiming to have one of these LAX "specials" just open the drivers door, point to the federally mandated tire decal, and ask them why the decal doesn't show 20" tires. Be sure to snap a photo of the dumbfounded expression on their face ;)

Steve

That's no fair because you're car is almost a special edition. It certainly has history that no others can boast about! :)

It is funny how folks represent the cars. The 2007 Nor Cal edition SGT for sale at our local Ford dealer that I posted a few weeks back now states it as a Shelby GT350 in the auto shopper add. I guess its also special now. Oh well.

I have a Las Vegas(McCarren Airport) special edition, Yutube video and all. :)

Yes Harald, I've seen that video they made of your "special edition" LV car, which really does make it special - moreso than 20in. wheels!

Forgot to mention - mine was originally a "Beantown" special edition - Boston. Didn't stay there long tho after it came out of rental. Never saw any winter weather either before it came to a warmer climate.

Mine is a "special" special. It's one of the 17 5spds built in 2007 and were never rented. You've gotta be "special" to have one of the 5spds due to the simple fact of what they cost to buy. And by "special" I mean a little mental.

QSS

Now we are talking special :)

Mine was one of one with these special silver wheels when I bought it. I've never seen another. Ha...ha...., the dealer put these on it because the originals I guess were scuffed a bit. I did end up buying a brand new set of take offs of the proper argent wheels with the Pirelli's but they were only on the car for a few days and now tucked away. Now it has the special edition black Shelby 20" Razors, so it's :airquote: double special. :dance::banghead::drop:

102side_zps94e06bc7.jpg

Archived