TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Mustang Exterior Design Video

Cali_KR

I don't feel it. What heritage, oh yeah the horse. I am sorry, but these designers are retards! I see no muscular look on any part of this car. I will say, way to go, you got your Euro look; PUKE! The only thing they did right on the car was keep the 3 tail light configuration. Other than the Pony emblem and taillights, the Mustang vibe stops there. I am sorry, but you could not tell it was a Mustang from down the road. As far as I am concerned, all the designers did was make the Mustang look like every other car out there. I can tell the designers really thought hard; geez, all they did was mix the Fusion, Nissan and Austin Martin. Maybe the next time a redesign is done, I hope they use real artist that can design a real heritage look! The way a Mustang should be. This car isn't. Other than what Shelby can do to it, I am sad to say, this Mustang SUCKS! They couldn't pay me to take one!

My thought is this.... We all are here on the Shelby site because we want to separate ourselves from the pack, with what we believe to be a part of some really cool history that Carroll Shelby created. This new Mustang is a very good base at which SAI can do some wonderful magic, and we can all recognize our current or future Shelby's will always maintain their uniqueness and better resale. So, with that said, I am quite sure we can all rest comfortably no matter how we feel about the new look, it will only get better after SAI can put some of its DNA into it. I am remaining positive.......

I don't feel it. What heritage, oh yeah the horse. I am sorry, but these designers are retards! I see no muscular look on any part of this car. I will say, way to go, you got your Euro look; PUKE! The only thing they did right on the car was keep the 3 tail light configuration. Other than the Pony emblem and taillights, the Mustang vibe stops there. I am sorry, but you could not tell it was a Mustang from down the road. As far as I am concerned, all the designers did was make the Mustang look like every other car out there. I can tell the designers really thought hard; geez, all they did was mix the Fusion, Nissan and Austin Martin. Maybe the next time a redesign is done, I hope they use real artist that can design a real heritage look! The way a Mustang should be. This car isn't. Other than what Shelby can do to it, I am sad to say, this Mustang SUCKS! They couldn't pay me to take one!

Easy Tiger....get yourself all waded up there and have a coronary...

I don't know about any Austin Martin, but I'm down with any Aston Martin, in fact, they're one of my favorite cars, and as i'm here in London for 3 weeks, I'm getting to see one about every 5 minutes. :drool:

I don't see any Fusion in it at all, a minor hint in the front end, but the Fusion looks more Hyundai (or any other Japanese soul sucking appliance out there) than it does Mustang.

One you see this car live, it will make all the difference, especially in a darker suit, like charcoal or black.

Hey Cali_KR, I will take your advice and settle down. I am only 39 yrs of age, I don't want to have a coronary now, not ever! I have a feeling that Shelby will use there magic and help convert us troubled souls that are finding this design a little hard to swallow. On a side note, enjoy your trip and have a safe flight home!

The running pony breaks into full stride! What a great final product. The rear of the car has a wide body look... Very aggressive and nice touch. Can't wait to see what SAI does with the new platform.

I wonder what the California Special Option if offered would look like on this car. I like both inside and out. A GT350 would be great too, you wouldn't have to wait 6 -9 months for a build. I am of the opinion they nailed it this go round similar to when the 2005 model came out.

GG

Great video of the sketches and design elements. I saw several versions in there that were in my opinion were sharper / cleaner looking in the front fascia area. I really like the cabin section with the long flowing fastback line (Aston Martin for certain). The car appear more sporty in style and more European with Mustang element added in places. I wish they added a few more classic feature in the body and less fusion styling in the front fascia. The headlights and fog light areas are my least favorite features of this new design.

No kidding! That was a time when we were proud to be all American. Steve McQueen with the All American style!. That 68 fastback was his horse that helped him get the bad guys. I guess the new Mustang will have to be used for 007. Sorry, I vote for Frank Bullet over Bond, if you know what I mean!

By the way Tom, if I have not yet said this, thank you for uploading and sharing the videos. We all do appreciate you giving all of us at home the opportunity to see the 15 stang in great detail. Have a safe trip.

Archived