TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Mustang Tv Commercial

Cali_KR

I think I like it if I could actually see it for more than a flash. Why did they shoot the commercial like those $@^#* music videos where the camera goes all ADHD and cannot stay on one view for more than 13/100ths of a second? I know I'm old but must they do that? I was able to hit the pause button and nail a few of the views but what a PITA. [grumble, grumble]

Jim

Great car ! I remember the excitement in April 64 when I first saw a Mustang! Red, fast back with great lines. At 14 I knew I had to have one! Had to wait till 1967 and have had three since than. I believe that same magic will happen when the younger set get their hands on this car! The legend continues!

I think I like it if I could actually see it for more than a flash. Why did they shoot the commercial like those $@^#* music videos where the camera goes all ADHD and cannot stay on one view for more than 13/100ths of a second? I know I'm old but must they do that? I was able to hit the pause button and nail a few of the views but what a PITA. [grumble, grumble]

Jim

Try the ford link Jim. http://www.ford.ca/cars/mustang/2015/?searchid=google|hPWLm0kl only pictures you can blow up more our speed. Also like Tom posted the spedo is great LOL.

A ford built GT350 could be quite cool in this body style.

MSRP ???

Glen

Great car ! I remember the excitement in April 64 when I first saw a Mustang! Red, fast back with great lines. At 14 I knew I had to have one! Had to wait till 1967 and have had three since than. I believe that same magic will happen when the younger set get their hands on this car! The legend continues!

Just to let you know, if you said you saw a red fastback in April 64, that would not be possible. If I am correct, the 65 fastback was introduced as a 3rd body style in August of 64.

Jim

They're obviously going for the youth market with that ad... music, sports, social networking themes... yup.

Jer

They're obviously going for the youth market with that ad... music, sports, social networking themes... yup.

Jer

Jer,

You hit the nail on the head. I had thought before the unveiling that this version would appeal more

to the younger market. After seeing the look and now this commercial, that's been confirmed. For years

I've seen the youths at my Autocross events gravitate to much different cars than our current retro car.

That is where the future lies: not selling Mustangs overseas, but importing the car to younger generations.

Sophistication will be the key to that, and more cutting edge looks.

Personally as an old guy, I like the current car for the retro look. Cleaner lines is what I treasure; hell that

is the reason I still prefer the original S197 style. But I can understand the appeal of the new car, be thankful

Ford is still trying hard, and certainly welcome younger generations into the fold with this new model.

Now for those of you who questioned SA's direction with the new SGT, I think you have your answer. Those

of us still enamoured with the previous design can snap up low mileage 2014 Mustangs in the future and have

SA do their thing. Everyone wins.

-Tom

Now for those of you who questioned SA's direction with the new SGT, I think you have your answer. Those

of us still enamoured with the previous design can snap up low mileage 2014 Mustangs in the future and have

SA do their thing. Everyone wins.

Exactly. A point well-made.

Jer

Ha..ha....of course they do. Everyone wins means you can make the current one just like you like it or build upon the new one.

Jeff's a Team Shelby Regional Director. He may have some inside info… LOL

Jer

I miss the faux gas cap.

I love the faux gas cap. But I also love the Shelby 1000 rear panel...

Jer

I'll be looking at the ecoboost option for a DD. I didn't like it in the race red that is in all the mags, but that silver looks good!

I'll bet the Ecoboost version will be a bigger hit than anyone expects. The 2.0 in my Focus ST is a blast, and I'll bet a 2.3 in a car that isn't much heavier will be a winner.

As for Silver, yeah, check out the photo below:

Jer

15FordMustang_32_HR.jpg

Jer, is there a date when Shelby will reveal their role/dev calendar for the new model Mustang? And if there is, can you share it with us?

There is NOT, at the moment, unfortunately. Too soon to make any predictions. I will say, we all are very excited about the new car.

Jer

There is NOT, at the moment, unfortunately. Too soon to make any predictions. I will say, we all are very excited about the new car.

Jer

Hey Jer... Was just at my local Barnes and Noble. They had the new Shelby mag. Do you think they could have put more pics of you in there? You da man... :rockon:

Hey Jer... Was just at my local Barnes and Noble. They had the new Shelby mag. Do you think they could have put more pics of you in there? You da man... :rockon:

That's just Murphy's Law in effect. I've lost 30+ pounds since then, so now I cringe when I see those… LOL...

Jer

I'll bet the Ecoboost version will be a bigger hit than anyone expects. The 2.0 in my Focus ST is a blast, and I'll bet a 2.3 in a car that isn't much heavier will be a winner.

As for Silver, yeah, check out the photo below:

Jer

attachicon.gif15FordMustang_32_HR.jpg

The more I look at the back end it reminds me of my first Mustang, a 67 fastback w/289 hi-po. It has a modern twist on that concave recessed filler panel look IMHO. Gosh I wish I still had that car, now that was fun to drive, light, nimble and fast. The only thing missing is the faux gas cap but to Jer's point I kind of like that filler look, had even considered one of those insert for the SGT but decided not to alter the exterior too much.

Archived