TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Mustang

39Mustang

I thought FORD was introducing the Mustang on TV Live but I just went to ford.com and the 2015 Mustang is there now with full pictures!

I am NOT happy with the front-end it has way too many lines going on and quite shocked this was approved. It even has the colors available for 2015 and what a HUGE disappointment!! 2 Reds yea exciting, Black, White as usual, an Orange, Yellow, a couple different Gray's, the horrible Impact Blue, but I am disappointed because no Greens, or exciting colors from the Mustang's past!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really liking these new images! I like the Deep Impact Blue on the new model. That is my favorite color. The least would definitely be yellow. But these new pics are great! Still gonna watch the official unveiling in the morning.

Internet..... you are free to blow up now!

I think the nose would look better with the fog/driving lights in the grille like the 05/06 models as just looks meaner that way and takes away all that huge space in the grille

I was really disappointed with the initial pictures, but upon seeing the good pics and different angles, I really like the new Mustang. Yes, the front end is a bit busy as are one or two other angles, but I think we need to give some credit to Ford for getting this bold move out there! I think the style will grow on most rapidly and in a positive way. I'm really anxious to see how these perform on the road race tracks in the Continental Tire Series at Lime Rock next year!

Guest markham51

Finally....after 50 years a Mustang that is as PURE as the original...

I'm 62 and I still remember my first drive in a Mustang. It was very special.

This one has the "lines right" which it hasn't since 69 in my view. Not that the others were bad...just that this one is pure mustang from every angle.

Now show me that Voodoo...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

I will be selling my convert for sure when the next Shelby comes out.

This IS a car that takes it to the next level!

I cant wait to drive one....

Definately better than my initial expectations (anyone else remember when they tried to replace the Mustang with what Ford eventually sold as the Probe?....yeah, that was my worst case senario fear.).

I like it, and don't think the front end is too far off the marque (spelling pun intended). Those wrap-around headlight may take some getting used to, and the vents on top off the hood seem farther forward than I would have thought thay should be. I really like the creases in the roof panel. This is becoming a design element on more and more cars lately, and I think it looks great.

Dash button and control layout seems a little 'wonky". Do like the shifter with the smaller ring/collar below the shift knob. Tail light are cool. Arch and body lines over the rear wheels seems a little flat. I think the elimination of the "B-pilliar" works with this design (I wasn't sure how that would end up looking on the production models). Rear diffuser looks aggressive.

BTW - there is a foot note on all the photos stating these are pre-productiuon photos. Let's hope they are representitive of the actual cars that are offered for sale.

Z-man

i think ford finally got a mustang to sit right, no huge wheel well gaps! that car looks like its doing a hundred miles an hour just sitting there! i love it! i think it has a nice blend of european and american styling. if that car doesn't fly off the showroom floors then i don't think anything will!

Dang, I love it! Especially the rear which does remind me of the '65-'66. The front is kinda, well...... I don't know. Maybe it will grow on me. But with only these pics as a first impression, I think Ford did a pretty good job!

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2015/?bannerid=233714|

Official link from Ford. Man this is a sweet ride. And check out that convertible! Realizing this car does not please everyone, I do think Ford hit the nail on the head with the new design to attract a new market of buyers and ensure the Mustang legacy lives on. Good stuff!

Man, I really dig it, and I was prepared not to after seeing the Autoweek scans yesterday. It looks much better in all the "official" photos, for some reason. And even though I'd never be a customer for a four-popper under the hood, 305hp is pretty danged impressive. This one is gonna be costing me some sleep.

The car is better than I thought but I still say something is off with that giant grille opening but 2 little things bug me with one being this is suppose to be the 50th Mustang right so why not use the tri-bar pony emblems on the side? Considering its a new car and its 50th birthday I think the tri-bar pony emblems would have been a nice touch rather than those butt ugly 5.0 emblems!

The second thing bothering me and actually it makes no sense but why are there 5 A/C vents especially 3 straight across the middle of the dash? I would have used that space for a triple gauge setup ala the 71-73 Mustangs and would have been much better use of that space. 3 a/c vents right in the middle its like they ran out of idea's??

Because this version got shorter and with those lines it is not going to be easy to do a GT350 that says Shelby

Today the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island well be going into N.Y on CBS to see the new 2015 mustang at 7am . I hope to get some great pictures so I can post when I get back .

you are going to be very disappointed then.....

the car is being revealed on ABC......Good Morning America........not CBS........ :whistling:

I went over to Ford's Mustang Facebook page and they're getting ripped on this car and most of the comments are not nice. Almost everyone said 'you stuck the Fusion nose on the Mustang' and I have to agree. Dodge for decades kept putting the same nose on all their cars so I guess Ford is doing it now

I'll wait until I see it in person but the aftermarket companies are going to have to come up with something exciting to fix that front-end

After seeing all the pictures I really like it.

Remember a couple of years ago when everyone hated the rear end change on the Mustang?

We all got used to it,so I'm thinking people that hate the grill on the new one will like it in time.

Archived