TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Cai Tune - Battery Change Out

My question is on the Shelby tune is there any possibility of loosing it when the battery is disconnected and changed out.

Well the battery issue finally got me this past weekend in Arkansas. I have been off recoverying from spinal fusion surgery and it has been real cold in Arkansas below 28 degrees. Dead battery on start up-no surprise has not been driven. Charged up and started and let idle for 3 hours. Dead battery again following week, Barbie was nice enough to take for a short road trip and gas up, but she also reports drag on start up. Charged and start up but drags and acts like not enough battery out put.

Conclusion is buy new battery. Does the onboard computer system track electrical issues as I have a OBD2 plug in analyzer.

I thought I might have recalled this happening to someone on the forum, but don't remember if a battery change out was the issue. Tony and I discussed last night via pms and he suggested a post to double check.

Always try to run something by my forum friends for advice.

Thanks in advance for any help or info on factory tune being lost.

Regards....... GG

My question is on the Shelby tune is there any possibility of loosing it when the battery is disconnected and changed out.

No, you can not lose your tune when the battery dies or gets changed out. You will lose your radio presets and that is it. your tune will be safe in your PCM during the battery swap out.

If you go to autozone and borrow their battery change tool, (basically a 9v battery into the power port) you won't even lose the radio presets.

You have very likely hood of blowing the fuse that protects the cars brain if you do this. A battery shop tried to do me a favor and do that and blew the fuse. It was a mother to find.

I suggest NOT DOING THIS.

my 2 cents

Okay have decided to get Barbie to take it to local Ford Dealer and get it done their. Heck it may not run with "Non Ford Stuff" (Battery) on it. They have a free battery test coupon on their web. Will call in the morning.

Update: When price checking for batteries I found a wide range of prices, the best deal actually was through Ford on the BXL 96 RA OEM Mustang GT 4.6 Liter application on my car. List was 99.95 and buyer price was 89.96.

This was a good deal this close to Christmas from Local Ford Dealer, Go figure, it appears Ford has gotten very competitive on after market things like tires, batteries, etc.

I will be following the battery change out notes in the owner manual of letting the car relearn it's engine settings buy starting, idle, shifting transmission etc. Selling dealer never mentioned this.

GG :)

Archived