TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT value ?

Fordnut428

I`m currently looking at a 2007 Shelby GT, white stick shift car, it has been used as a daily driver since new and has 150,000 miles on it, still looks great, will need seat covers, paint touchup or repaint, and restriped. He is currently asking $13,500 for it with aftermarket wheels he just bought, or 12,500 for it with some old GT wheels to get it home. Car runs great with no issues. From what I have seen they are still going or asking between $20,000 to $30,000 depending on milage, Im thinking this is a good deal, unless I put anothe 5,000 or so in it to bring it up to non driver quality. Any thoughts would be great, I have only dealt with older Mustangs, and currently have a 69 R-code Mach, 66 sprint, 84 SVO, and a few other projects, I want a 2005 and up for a good driver when I ran across the Shelby and cant seem to find a value guide on them just the 500`s.

Thanks Rick

A proper paint job will cost you 5-8K AT LEAST. Add interior, and other maintenance and replacement costs for tired drivetrain and powertrain. Many super clean, super low mileage SGTs are available in the 20-25K range. I purchased a similarly described vehicle with only 40K miles and already sunk an extra $12K in it on top of my purchase price without even touching the interior (doesn't need it).

i know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but i had a 2006 Mustang GT with many of the same mods as the Shelby GT and half the mileage (70k) and traded it in for $12,500 about 3 years ago. 150k miles is a lot...i wouldn't pay over $10,000 for that Shelby GT myself and that's pushing it.

I`m currently looking at a 2007 Shelby GT, white stick shift car, it has been used as a daily driver since new and has 150,000 miles on it, still looks great, will need seat covers, paint touchup or repaint, and restriped. He is currently asking $13,500 for it with aftermarket wheels he just bought, or 12,500 for it with some old GT wheels to get it home. Car runs great with no issues. From what I have seen they are still going or asking between $20,000 to $30,000 depending on milage, Im thinking this is a good deal, unless I put anothe 5,000 or so in it to bring it up to non driver quality. Any thoughts would be great, I have only dealt with older Mustangs, and currently have a 69 R-code Mach, 66 sprint, 84 SVO, and a few other projects, I want a 2005 and up for a good driver when I ran across the Shelby and cant seem to find a value guide on them just the 500`s.

Thanks Rick

My take is that it sounds like a fair price considering the mileage but keep in mind that a re-paint, a re-stripe and new seat skins is going to add another $10k for a total investment of $23,500 and that's where your dilemma begins. For $23,500 you should have no problem finding a SGT with half the miles as this car. Now if your current budget only allows $13,500 then perhaps this car is for you but if you have the money its probably better to find another SGT with lower miles.

Also with 150k miles you're also going to be looking at replacing the clutch, brakes, struts/shocks, etc unless recently replaced by the current owner.

Steve

My take is that it sounds like a fair price considering the mileage but keep in mind that a re-paint, a re-stripe and new seat skins is going to add another $10k for a total investment of $23,500 and that's where your dilemma begins. For $23,500 you should have no problem finding a SGT with half the miles as this car. Now if your current budget only allows $13,500 then perhaps this car is for you but if you have the money its probably better to find another SGT with lower miles.

Also with 150k miles you're also going to be looking at replacing the clutch, brakes, struts/shocks, etc unless recently replaced by the current owner.

Steve

What Steve said. It's a decent price for a 150K+ miles Mustang, but to bring it back you can buy a better one for less than it would take you to put it back and it will still have 150K+ miles. This one is "just a high miles mustang".. Pass...

P.S. I'm not sad at all that someone bought one and drove the snot out of it!!!

I'll agree with the others. I think it's a good price for the Shelby depending on your situation. If mechanically it is good, and you have access to do things at a much lower price (like if you were a body and paint guy etc.) then you can do well. If you're paying to have these things done, like others said, you would be better off spending around the 21-23K range. It is odd to find such a car with so high miles, so finding a Shelby GT in this price range is very rare. I've never seen one that low. Nice to see it driven. So if in good shape, it's a good deal in my opinion, if that's your budget.

If KBB has it valued at 10k private party transaction, and it needs what you say, it would be rated good TOPS.

That puts KBB value at 9402.00

Strange thing is I haven't ever been able to get what KBB appraised my cars at.

KBB AND NADA are usually high and most dealers in my area claim they use the black book or auction prices. If you pay 13 K, and invest 10 K you will have paid 23 K and still have a vehicle with 150,000 miles. You can certainly buy a low mileage SGT in excellent condition for 23. Ilmor- you forgot to add additional for PERFORMANCE WHITE, and of course, detract for black.

just picked mine up for $23,500 with 13k miles about a month ago. I don't feel like I over paid as the car is immaculate and unraped. only added piece was a flowmaster cat back and the owner/collector gave me the stock pipes/tips nicely wrapped up in bubble wrap (they look unused) and it came with all the supplementary guides in the glove box! oh yeah and I'm the second owner of this car now. :)

Thanks Gene! I am very excited. I only wish they made a Shelby GT with your hood! haha. BTW nice collection. before I bought this car I looked at a Mach 1 a buddy owned but that fell through. Then I looked at the new Coyote powered GT's and stumbled across this Shelby. Love at first sight (and a lot cheaper than a new GT).

Archived