TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the Shelby 1000 chatter

Don  Johnston

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to drive one! So the 2013 - 2014 cars are 200+ mph.... I don't think I ever caught the performance numbers for the 1000. Anyone got some hard numbers to share? I'd also be curious if there is a full comparison between the normal 2014 GT500 and the 1000. Wonder how the wider stance in the rear handles in comparison.

Although we don't have one on display at the Los Angeles International Car Show several people attending the show have asked about it so there is a strong following for such a exclusive Shelby. One person even claimed to own one.

The Shelby 1000......... when 850hp just isn't enough :)

Steve

If I was rich, screw preserving it. I would try real hard to provide numbers. Like we all heard and felt sorrow from Paul Walker and his friends unfortunate accident, life is to short. I would live life to the fullest and drive that 1000!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any observations of a 1000, but Ive seen MANY 2013+ GT500s of ranging HP.

I would be shocked if it didnt do-

0-60 in under 3.0 flat

1/4 mile in low 9.0s

Top speed HAS to be 215+ because a 1000 HP GT500 has done the Texas Mile at 204 mph.

I would assume this photo is in Vegas when you picked up your supersnake?

Chad, close, but the pic was en Route to the CaddyShack party when we were in Palm Springs! lol Belongs to Tim and Tonya, awesome people. I actually ran into them at a gas station in California when I was on my way to Palm Springs. I'm like WTF, here comes a Shelby 1000:-)

That's awesome. They are VERY special builds, but builds that are definitely for someone with just all the money they would ever want.

If im spending that kind f money on a car, its going to be a different class of car than a mustang. I honestly would rather have a GT500 AND a Daytona Coupe done right by SA before doing that.

After last years bash, I cant agree with you Warren. And, I doubt Griggs can do much if anything that hasn't been done with the car. On track with Gary in a friends car. Granted, I was being careful but, Gary spanked me like a Red headed step child in a 1000.The car is EXTREEMLY capable and Not just because of the power. That being said, I don't have the resources for any of them :)

Was lucky enough to sit in the black one at last years NY autoshow. What a car. Everything about it is excessive! At least I can say I sat in one. I don 't think the odds are there to see one on a public road.

• 2 months later...

I just got my S1000 after waiting over a year. I just took delivery a week ago, it's being delivered now to MD. I'm going to enjoy the car, so I'll post pictures & videos as soon as the weather lets me. This is a radical car. Something everyone needs to see I person to appreciate it!

post-42892-0-13377500-1393942238_thumb.jpg

I just got my S1000 after waiting over a year. I just took delivery a week ago, it's being delivered now to MD. I'm going to enjoy the car, so I'll post pictures & videos as soon as the weather lets me. This is a radical car. Something everyone needs to see I person to appreciate it!

Wow, amazing car. Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see more!

I got to drive it out @ Shelby American. It has the full wide body. It amazing how well it hooks. It's basically like having a mini tube. It's a very cool option for the high horse power cars. The tuner told me w/ out the wide body, we would have been all over the road. I own a GT350 too, not even comparable!

Archived