TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Super Snake wheels

Michael Plummer

Does anyone know how many different wheels Alcoa and Shelby sold for the Super Snake? This is what I know, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) 1st run, writing on wheel: Shelby forged and Super Snake

2) 2nd run, writing on wheel: Shelby Forged

3) 3rd run, writing on wheel: Shelby Forged and FIFTY YEARS

What's the value on 4 brand new Shelby Forged and FIFTY YEARS wheels? I took them in trade for some work

Thanks

Michael Plummer

Does anyone know how many different wheels Alcoa and Shelby sold for the Super Snake? This is what I know, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) 1st run, writing on wheel: Shelby forged and Super Snake

2) 2nd run, writing on wheel: Shelby Forged

3) 3rd run, writing on wheel: Shelby Forged and FIFTY YEARS

What's the value on 4 brand new Shelby Forged and FIFTY YEARS wheels? I took them in trade for some work

Thanks

Michael Plummer

Other than the dark finish option and dark center caps for a Shelby Super Snake build, I am not familiar with any other lettering or finish differences. Original dark Alcoa's shown below removed from a 2011 Super Snake for a wide body conversion..............

0015_zps6f3deb49.jpg

0012_zps718c26d1.jpg

Here is a link to a recent "real SuperSnake" bare set with no center caps (slight scratches) that auctioned and sold on eBay............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-HTF-Mustang-Alcoa-Shelby-Forged-Super-Snake-4-Wheel-Rim-Set-2-20X10-2-20X9-/301005169512?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&vxp=mtr&hash=item46154e6368&nma=true&si=9ViGlnT7BqjdwLJKPVgLf%252FA1Ndg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and here is a set of 50th's with center caps currently on eBay going beyond $3K..............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alcoa-Super-Snake-Style-Wheels-50th-Anniversary-Edition-/121220761264?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item1c395206b0&vxp=mtr

I also did a search for completed auctions and the 20" Alcoa's seem do be going strong with selling prices going well beyond $3K and some going into the $4K area

For now, one thing seems apparent.............the 20" Alcoa's have not lost steam in enthusiast demand.

R

You're welcome.

R

There's a set of 'Fifty's' on e-bay right now with 1 bid at $4K and "reserve not met".

Crazy.....

Phill

Thank you just saw that on eBay last week too.

I'm thinking of buying a 2008 GT500 so I may keep them but I already have one fast Mustang making 890rwhp, so I may sell them after the new year.............. decisions, decisions. But the wheels are nice and I can see why people are paying all the money for them.

Archived