TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY SHIFTER NOISE

MARZ4ME

Last week I had Galpin Ford install Shelby's new six speed shifter in my 2011 GT500. Before I even drove the car off the lot I was back inside complaining. The noise was incredable. It sounded like Jimmie Johnson's #48. I thought they had fogotten to replace some sort of cover on the transmission. After several test drives with and without Galpin's installer I had the original reinstalled. They couldn't figure out the cause of the noise even after a call to Shelby. Has anyone else installed the Shelby s7m-7210-c shifter and experienced this same thing?

Pat

I had a whole thread started on this shifter but I can't seem to find it.

I installed a Gen II shifter in my 2010 Gt500 just after it was released and have had nothing but problems since.

It is noisy, has a ratchet feel, seems like longer shifts than factory, has worn holes through my boot cover,

and when cold, can hardly be shifted.

It is 10 x worse than the factory shifter ever was and I believe should be pulled from sales until these issues are corrected.

I was told by Robert after the fact, if I wasn't happy to return it for credit but it cost me almost $400.00 to have the original shifter removed and this

one installed so I waited to see if it would get any better with time and some issues did improve slightly or I just got use to them but the majority are the same.

This spring I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase a Barton shifter and have it installed.

If tried this shifter out at several shows and it seems to improve on every issue I have with this one.

Galpin was going to charge us $200.00 for the install but in the end took the new shifter out and the original reinstalled for zero. I think the reason they were so good was because I complained so quickly and they also know us because we have had other work done there. I would highly recommend Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) for mod work in Southern Calif.

Archived