TEAM SHELBY FORUM

McLeod RXT clutch rebuild

frydguy79

i pulled my RXT the other day while i am getting ready for some winter time mods, i thought it was starting to slip, so i sent it back to McLeod to get rebuilt $540.00 plus shipping.. it came back looking brand new, and ready to rumble the disc were showin lots of wear, and with my new mods i did not want it to go south when i needed it.... :puppy_kiss: so now the extra hp will put to good use....

new :woot: mods include Mahle forged pistons, manley h beam rods, 2013 GT500 cams and springs, 2013 oil pump and 2013 oil pan and 2013 injectors and 2013 2.3 TVS and 2.4 VMP pulley and FRRP scj t/b, 127 JLT plus more shit :dance:

i pulled my RXT the other day while i am getting ready for some winter time mods, i thought it was starting to slip, so i sent it back to McLeod to get rebuilt $540.00 plus shipping.. it came back looking brand new, and ready to rumble the disc were showin lots of wear, and with my new mods i did not want it to go south when i needed it.... :puppy_kiss: so now the extra hp will put to good use....

new :woot: mods include Mahle forged pistons, manley h beam rods, 2013 GT500 cams and springs, 2013 oil pump and 2013 oil pan and 2013 injectors and 2013 2.3 TVS and 2.4 VMP pulley and FRRP scj t/b, 127 JLT plus more shit :dance:

...you wanna rebuild my engine while you do yours???.................smiling You doing it yourself on the side or having the shop do it? Maybe some day for me, but it sounds pricey, so probably deferred until really needed. I guess I will just have to accept that your hp will now far exceed my lowly 695.....laughing of course. I am sure we'll have the chance to chat later this winter...maybe even swing by after I retire, and you me and tim can hit the town.

Roger that!!! I'm with you driving them for maximum fun & potential. Put 50 miles on the new clutch yesterday n today. RTX is lighter feel than stock , quiet and smooth. Glad I went with it ! Now I can do some more power adders without worring about that end of things.....

Roger that!!! I'm with you driving them for maximum fun & potential. Put 50 miles on the new clutch yesterday n today. RTX is lighter feel than stock , quiet and smooth. Glad I went with it ! Now I can do some more power adders without worring about that end of things.....

its been a beast so far and it will be a monster once its finished, and even tho the clutch only had 12k miles on it, it was 12k miles of being driven like it was meant to be driven... :shift:

• 1 year later...

Just got an estimate from local ATL area shop of $2700 Mcleod RXT Twin Disc w/flywheel install. Also includes slave cylinder, bearing, and fluid. Shipping & taxes not included. Probably close to $3K final cost. Seems high...

Opinions?

Archived