TEAM SHELBY FORUM

An Open Letter From Shelby American to ALL Team Shelby Users

RichS

Looking for help. I have a 2008 shelby with the shaker 500 radio and I would like to put in OEM navigation radio. Will this nav radio plug and play or do I have to do something special......

Way wrong place to look for help with a tech issue. Suggest you start a new topic in the gt500 subforum.

2016 SHELBY F-150, 700 HP version

HELLO everyone, I'm new to the site! Let me start by saying I love Ford and Shelby! I have been a loyal Ford owner for over 22 years, as a couple we have owned over 22 Ford products and as a company we have owned fleet super duty vehicles in the hundreds. We personally own 2009 Black on black Shelby GT 500 KR, 2012 Orange Boss, 2016 Red with white stripes Gt 350 which we purchased with a 2016 Shelby F-150 (700 HP version) which stickered at $100.000. Now the reason I'm posting is we love the Ford part of our F-150 and the Shelby package engine wise but I am so sory to say we are Super disappointed in the Tuscany items on this vehicle. Enough so that I will never consider any vehicle with modifications from TUSCANY!! We purchased the SHELBy F-150 and almost immediately were disappointed. The Shelby GT-350 came with an owners collector package!! It is awesome, with a small versions of the Flat Plane crank and posters and video etc! Like with our other Shelby and Boss purchases. What we got from Shelby/Tuscany for the F-150 was a letter stating that if we didn't use only premium gas there might be damage to the motor and that would void any warranty that might be offered. We had to sign in front of a witness. Then and only then would Tuscany mail to us our second key!!! Then a month after purchase the front grills began to peel! Yep peel! It is coated with some sort of plastic coating that you can peel off with your hand in sheets. After four trips to my dealership, where I have been purchasing Fords for 22 years. The issue is who is going to pay for this?!?! At first they told us we were!!! What?!?! $100,000 and I'm going to pay ... I don't think so!! I have a beautiful Red and White Shelby F-150 that Everone wants to video and stops us even at street lights to ask about. I really hate having to explain why the gril, all four section look like CRAP!

It is 6 months later and we are finally getting the work done! What a horrible experience!!! The folks at Tuscany told me that because of all the time we have spent sitting at the dealership waiting for the work to get done and being told it couldn't be done because Tuscany glued the grills in and again and again we were sent somewhere to get work done and not ever being completed. Oh did I mention every "car service jockey" thinks it is a kick in the seat to drive the crap out of our 700 HP truck!!! Yep lucky somebody didn't get their a** kicked!

Tuscany promised to free of charge update our 2016 Shelby F-150 to the new 2017 version 750 HP including a ladder bar at the rear end to prevent rotation under power. Guess what we are finally getting the grill corrected thanks to FORD not Tuscany and that offer of the up dates no one seems to remember the conversation. FYI....Never Never will I purchase anything that is Tuscany equipped! I realize this is just a cosmetic issue but what and how would we be treated if there was a big issue such as engine or suspension?!!!

Beware! Ford and Shelby are awesome corporations and I can't say enough about how satisfied I am with their products but beware of third party packages or add on items!!!

I would sure like to see someone from Shelby chime in on posts like this. 6 months to get grill paint fixed, got to be more to the story - noted in the Shelby Magazine in the 2017 SWAG Tuscany was highlighted as one of their F-150 Shelby Truck Mod Shops. Also found it interesting that more vehicles were now produced away from Las Vegas than at Las Vegas and trucks were now a big deal for Shelby.

Regards............ gg

Guest markham51

The intent and spirit of Team Shelby is, and has always been, to inspire and promote enthusiasm for Carroll Shelby’s legacy and automotive creations. We are fortunate to have a loyal user base that regularly post and visit, and we all enjoy a site that contains such useful contributions as tech articles and reviews, parts installation threads, event announcements, and many other items of value to the Shelby user community.

Where we always strive to differ from the average Internet forum is in our behavior and overall approachability. We believe that, unlike many other enthusiast Internet forums, Team Shelby has historically been a “safe haven” for the new user, an avenue to find information and share the passion, without being treated as a “newbie”, an environment where personal attacks and negativity are not tolerated. Our rules and enforcement have been deliberately forgiving, as we believe in our user base to self-monitor the tone of the discussions here. We are proud to be able to have an extremely relaxed environment with VERY LITTLE corporate involvement or interference on SA’s part. However, we feel the need to restate to everyone that we DO require adherence to the official Terms Of Service every user agrees to when first registering for this site:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

We also would like to remind everyone that this site is the property of Shelby American, and members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that respects our contribution. Shelby American, as the sole owner and operator of this site, reserves the right to remove all posts that disparage or defame SAI, CSL, CSI, and/or any officer, director, management, or staff. While we understand that users may have a need to communicate negative information to SA, we feel that warrants a direct communication with our company, as opposed to public posting.

It is important to follow these guidelines so we can maintain and build our community, and keep Carroll’s original intentions for Team Shelby intact: an encouraging, thoughtful, fun group for people who want to celebrate great history, fast cars, and build relationships with their fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you all for your continued support.

This site has principles AND enforces them when necessary. Bravo. :love_shower:

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally made it to the Shelby store in Las Vegas. It's about a 4 hour drive for me. I pulled up in my 07 GT500 Saturday afternoon. There weren't many cars in the lot, and there were zero Shelbys. At first I thought they were closed, but then I saw a few people coming out of the store. I was lucky enough to nab an empty spot right up front. I walked in and was greeted by Joanna. She asked if it was my first time, and I said "Yes it is. I even brought my Shelby!" So she goes, "Did you see that circle out front? Do you know what that is?" I go, "the Circle of Power?" My wife goes, "No you dork, it's the Winners Circle." So then Joanna says, "You can park there." I made like the Roadrunner out the door, and backed my car up into the circle in about 3.5 seconds. It was pretty awesome! "The Circle of Power". I'm sticking with it. 

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...