TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any owner opinions of Shelby Raptor?

Wyobrit

I purchased a 2013 crew cab Raptor tonight and I am seriously considering the Shelby package. I was at the factory last week and had a ride in the demo unit which was impressive but wondered what it is like to drive on a daily basis. Also I am not totally convinced by the Shelby interior, it felt kind of cheap compared to the standard, anyone know does the seat cooling still work with the leather? Any opinions would really help!

You are NOT the only one who feels that way... I did not buy a Shelby Raptor solely on the fact that one the Shelby interior is a major step backwards from the factory and I don't like the design so why pay the extra for it when I don't want it. I asked them if they could exclude it and they said no so I'm not buying their version. Plus, I can get the interior done far better than what they're offering so let me think, umm no and in that price range we should have choices.

If you got the extra cash go for it

I purchased a 2013 crew cab Raptor tonight and I am seriously considering the Shelby package. I was at the factory last week and had a ride in the demo unit which was impressive but wondered what it is like to drive on a daily basis. Also I am not totally convinced by the Shelby interior, it felt kind of cheap compared to the standard, anyone know does the seat cooling still work with the leather? Any opinions would really help!

+1

You are NOT the only one who feels that way... I did not buy a Shelby Raptor solely on the fact that one the Shelby interior is a major step backwards from the factory and I don't like the design so why pay the extra for it when I don't want it. I asked them if they could exclude it and they said no so I'm not buying their version. Plus, I can get the interior done far better than what they're offering so let me think, umm no and in that price range we should have choices.

If you got the extra cash go for it

+1

I actually like the Standard Interior, I do not know why you have to buy the full package, they should break it up like they did for the Mustangs. I do not like most of the Graphic packages either, I would be shocked if they have sold more than a few dozen of the Raptor or the Focus, but at least they are trying different things.

When I visited last week, it really surprised me how much I liked the graphics package when I saw it in person rather than pictures. However the interior is another matter. I wonder why they are so intent on that staying as part of it. If they would allow the interior to be an option and allow me to spend the money on bumpers, and an upgraded heat exchanger I would place my order tomorrow.

Archived