TEAM SHELBY FORUM

widening stock SVT PP wheel

grobertx

I've read some great threads at SVTP about guys widening Alcoa wheels and putting monster 335 tires on after a few items being removed / relocated.

Has anyone here personally widened the stock SVT PP wheel? Has anyone found an SVT PP wheel clone in 11-12" width? I am very interested in doing this and putting the widest tire I could fit without anything else having to be removed / relocated. I am not interested in putting any tire wider than factory recommended wheel tire width. I need the tire to match the wheel size.

I'll be widening my rears to 10.5-11" this winter, Planning on running 305/30-20 MPSS.

Have you researched vendors and pricing for the wheel widening yet?? I'd take 305 if it meant zero work other than mounting the wheels and a spacer. I'd prefer 315s... I saw some guy on SVTP with 335 but I have no intentions of removing parts of fender wells and / or relocating brake parts...I'm really hoping someone will say " I had mine widened at "XYZ" for "XYZ$$" and installed with no further fitment issues"...

FYI on the MPSS I've got a buddy wanting to get rid of his on a CTSV claiming all he does is spin. I told him you don't want GYF1 cause all I do is spin. I don't think any tire out there in 285s will keep these 662HP (and a lot more for some of us) monsters from spinning. For now all I can do is throttle control until I get more traction...

Sweet, thank you.

Did you catch the reason he removed the carpet??

I think if he did not remove it the tire would have done it for him. I understand it gets a little thight in there with 335s LOL

Archived