TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Supercharger

Yair Shelby

I've been looking for information about exchange Shelby superchargers for 2009 and I've heard very good reviews about Whipple compared to other brands, but I have some doubts and would guide me through the best options:

To exchange any supercharger and raising the power between 700-800 hp it would have to change some internal engine?

What I am sure I have to change would be headers, exhaust and CAI, some other part that is not taking into account?

The tune that comes on the supercharger kit would serve me in my city?

Thank you for your responses.

(sorry if there are grammatical errors, but I am using a translator :.P)

Yair M.

I've been looking for information about exchange Shelby superchargers for 2009 and I've heard very good reviews about Whipple compared to other brands, but I have some doubts and would guide me through the best options:
To exchange any supercharger and raising the power between 700-800 hp it would have to change some internal engine?
What I am sure I have to change would be headers, exhaust and CAI, some other part that is not taking into account?
The tune that comes on the supercharger kit would serve me in my city?
Thank you for your responses.
(sorry if there are grammatical errors, but I am using a translator :.P)
Yair M.

The U.S. 50 state emissions legal 800hp SuperSnake package retains the oem (original from Ford) exhaust system ahead of the cat-back (rear portion of the oem system) and uses a 3.6LC Kenne Bell and it's tune to produce this power with only a cat-back change.

^^^^Same for the 750hp 2.8 KB and the 2.9 Whipple.

The SuperSnake as a package has to meet 50 state emissions requirements which include all exhaust forward of the cat-back to be original and unchanged from oem specs.

Unless the SuperSnake is then sent to Shelby Motorsports for additional mods after the "authorized" SuperSnake build, there are no bottom end upgrades added as part of the original SuperSnake upgrade.

You would buy the appropriate CAI with the S/C upgrade kit if you are installing this yourself.

R

Thank you very much for the reply, well then I can be 100% sure that a stage 3 supercharger kit Super Snake will not make you internal damage to my engine (I'm talking about pistons, rods, block, etc) wow impresive that makes me shleby engine hold much power, each day I love more my Shelby.

(and sorry for the double post)

Yair Morales

regards

Thank you very much for the reply, well then I can be 100% sure that a stage 3 supercharger kit Super Snake will not make you internal damage to my engine (I'm talking about pistons, rods, block, etc) wow impresive that makes me shleby engine hold much power, each day I love more my Shelby.
(and sorry for the double post)
Yair Morales
regards

Also be aware that some of these S/C's will need either the engine to be lowered or an aftermarket hood for clearance.

R

Archived