TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW ARRIVAL

Son of GT

Tonight, I am pleased to announce the arrival of SGT S/C #12. Brought her home last night, 05-14-07. A million thanks to Amy, John, and everyone at SAI for everything they do and did to make my SAI experience a fond memory that I will keep until my last breath. A seperate, private letter of thanks will be in route shortly to SAI. What a terrific experience! What terrific people! What a terrific CAR!

Pictures:

post-4213-1179383182_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383214_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383255_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383283_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383318_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383345_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383375_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383404_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383473_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383502_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383546_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383591_thumb.jpg

In case you may be wondering, the wheels are incorrect for this car. The wheels pictured were ordered for my GT500, but AR could not get the silver wheels for the SGT done until today. And because I needed to get the car rollling after SAI moded the brakes, I installed the Gunmetal 40th's on this car for now. It doesn't look that bad per se, but the silver wheels will look even better. The upper and lower grilles are/were supposed to be changed too. The S H E L B Y mesh grilles I requested will be in later and I will install them myself when they come in.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

post-4213-1179383182_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383214_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383255_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383283_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383318_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383345_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383375_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383404_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383473_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383502_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383546_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383591_thumb.jpg

Tonight, I am pleased to announce the arrival of SGT S/C #12. Brought her home last night, 05-14-07. A million thanks to Amy, John, and everyone at SAI for everything they do and did to make my SAI experience a fond memory that I will keep until my last breath. A seperate, private letter of thanks will be in route shortly to SAI. What a terrific experience! What terrific people! What a terrific CAR!

Pictures:

post-4213-1179383182_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383214_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383255_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383283_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383318_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383345_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383375_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383404_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383473_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383502_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1179383546_thumb.jpg post-4213-1179383591_thumb.jpg

In case you may be wondering, the wheels are incorrect for this car. The wheels pictured were ordered and are for my GT500, but AR could not get the silver wheels for the SGT done until today. And because I needed to get the car rollling after SAI moded the brakes, I installed the Gunmetal 40th's on this car for now. It doesn't look that bad per se, but the silver wheels will look even better. The upper and lower grilles are/were supposed to be changed too. The S H E L B Y mesh grilles I requested will be in later and I will install them myself when they come in.

Great Pix SOGT

What an awesome ride

Hey how did you manage #12 2 times?

My god your car is beautiful!! It's really got me thinking about the CS hood. Now that I see the lower grill w/lights and gauge pod I'm really glad I ordered those options. My bank book can't afford the SC but maybe in the future. Congratulations on a very nice car!

Dave

Car looks great. Are those Shelby GT/SC stripes what comes w/ the supercharger option or something special you had made up ? Thanks, Rick

CONGRATS, E!!!!! Looks beautiful. Let us know your comparitive impressions (vs the '500).

You ordered your car exactly the way I would have ordered mine. LOVE the HOOD. Very glad to hear your experience was an awesome one (although I wouldn't expect anything less from the folks @ SAI). It is simply stunning...and the GT/SC stripes are a nice subtle touch.

Good luck with it!

Best,

Chris

PS, For those of you who don't know, someone :stirpot: else (not me) on the boards will be taking delivery of another S/C GT......TOMORROW!!!! Stay tuned!!!

CONGRATS, E!!!!! Looks beautiful. Let us know your comparitive impressions (vs the '500).

You ordered your car exactly the way I would have ordered mine. LOVE the HOOD. Very glad to hear your experience was an awesome one (although I wouldn't expect anything less from the folks @ SAI). It is simply stunning...and the GT/SC stripes are a nice subtle touch.

Good luck with it!

Best,

Chris

PS, For those of you who don't know, someone :stirpot: else (not me) on the boards will be taking delivery of another S/C GT......TOMORROW!!!! Stay tuned!!!

Crispy..I thought you said "no more secrets" ? :finger:

BTW...sonny put me in the loopy. :hysterical:

bring that shelby to florida prompto this monday ... i gots an award for ya .. sweetest looking Shelby GT ive seen !

time to go to bed .. not enough sleep .... exhausted ...

BRING THE DAM CAR THIS SATURDAY FOR OUR SHELBY GET TOGETHER :hysterical2: ... IF U COME MONDAY .. NO ONE WILL BE THERE BUT THE HORSES !!

Looks really good. I love the GT-H hood. If I got a Shelby GT that's the route I'd have gone.

Do you know what the 0-60 for this SC version is? How about the 1/4 mile?

You know what would have made a great touch to these cars? I think if instead of the Mustang logo in the stearing wheel, they put the old blue cobra logo from the 60's in. Also on the trunk gas cap, they put the same old style cobra there as well....IMHO.

post-6355-1179464295.jpeg

post-6355-1179464295.jpeg

Thank you all for your kudo's, kind words, and the invite to recieve a "locked" award at a car show in Florida this weekend. Badster, love to make it out to Florida, but not enough time to get there this time. But thank you for the invite, and perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet someday soon.

Matt: Got you covered on the hood pics, check back Saturday or I'll PM you when pics are posted.

Cobrawertz: The "S/C" striping is now offical, and was a result of a grassroots movement of a few members here that lobbied Amy to add a little "something, something" onto SGT's that were modded with Superchargers. Amy listened, and WALA!, the S/C decal is now on the record as being a Shelby added stripe mod. Buy a S/C and get a modified belly stripe for your expendatures.

Master m and others: The Supercharger is F'in AWESOME!!! This son of a bitch scoots like a jet. The tune (Diablo) mod's the rev limiter to the extreeme end of the shift point of the transmission, so whenever your foot is in it, the transmission won't shift until it senses the rev limiter kicking in and then upshifts the trans. It may sound strange, but it works. Track times will have to be forth coming. I'll probably get out to the track in the next week or two, and will report the numbers then.

Supersnake: #12 twice? The best way that I could address your question is by just stating that I am blessed to have great, no, awesome friends. That's really the bottom line, and saying more would not be appropriate.

Joe MC: I was initially reluctant to order the car with the Automatic, but now that I have it, I have absolutely no regrets that I did. I decided to go with the Automatic Transmission on this car because I knew that the SGT would be my "Pro Touring" type car, and that my 500 would assume the roll of being my track / "twisty road" manual transmissioned 725 H.P. SS "nasty" car. One car for "crusing the smooth", and one car for "brusing the twisty's". But I will tell you that after SAI got though modding the SGT, the Automatic transmisson does not take one thing away from the performance of this car.

I will say that is really one sweeeet car!!!!!!!! And, it was also a pleasure meeting you too!!!!! And thank you for the laughs. I'm sure we will be talking more and more soon. GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

One word :

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

I will say that is really one sweeeet car!!!!!!!! And, it was also a pleasure meeting you too!!!!! And thank you for the laughs. I'm sure we will be talking more and more soon. GREAT PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

Thank you Bud, it was most definately a pleasure meeting you, and yes, we will definately be speaking again very soon. Thank you for everything, you are a key member of a fantastic team of people there that are equally passionate about these cars as their owners are.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Looks really good. I love the GT-H hood. If I got a Shelby GT that's the route I'd have gone.

Do you know what the 0-60 for this SC version is? How about the 1/4 mile?

You know what would have made a great touch to these cars? I think if instead of the Mustang logo in the stearing wheel, they put the old blue cobra logo from the 60's in. Also on the trunk gas cap, they put the same old style cobra there as well....IMHO.

I agree, but suspect that your desire will appear on a future Shelby. WTF? What's he saying??? Nothing, nothing at all. All I am saying is that the original logo appeared on the G.T. 350's, so it's quite possible that it's being held back for a reason. It's no secret that the GT500, the GTH, and the SGT are not the final chapter in SAI's book, and it's also no secret that other things will be coming out of the Carroll's house going forward, and that's where that Cobra logo might end up. We'll see.

Thank you Bud, it was most definately a pleasure meeting you, and yes, we will definately be speaking again very soon. Thank you for everything, you are a key member of a fantastic team of people there that are equally passionate about these cars as their owners are.

Have a fantastic weekend!

SOGT, enjoy your car, it looks awesome!

I just missed seeing your car in person as I was at SAI this week. I did get to see the next one in line for the S/C which was museum delivered this past Friday, as Crispy mentioned. Seeing these cars in person with the polished S/C sold me. Now I added about another month to my delivery but it will be well worth the wait.

And, I totally agree with you. The SAI team is first class - and they absolutely work their a$$e$ off to make their customer's happy.

Adam

Ha! I see now what you meant on the other thread!! ;-) That IS the white one I saw at SA!!! You devil you!

Congrats SoGT... and best of luck with her, E!! -- simply gorgeous!! She didn't have here stripes yet when I saw her ;-)

Yeah, can't wait to see how she runs... do you know the weight on the GT/CS? ...and the official HP rating?

Dan

Thank you all for your kudo's, kind words, and the invite to recieve a "locked" award at a car show in Florida this weekend. Badster, love to make it out to Florida, but not enough time to get there this time. But thank you for the invite, and perhaps we will have the opportunity to meet someday soon.

Matt: Got you covered on the hood pics, check back Saturday or I'll PM you when pics are posted.

Cobrawertz: The "S/C" striping is now offical, and was a result of a grassroots movement of a few members here that lobbied Amy to add a little "something, something" onto SGT's that were modded with Superchargers. Amy listened, and WALA!, the S/C decal is now on the record as being a Shelby added stripe mod. Buy a S/C and get a modified belly stripe for your expendatures.

Master m and others: The Supercharger is F'in AWESOME!!! This son of a bitch scoots like a jet. The tune (Diablo) mod's the rev limiter to the extreeme end of the shift point of the transmission, so whenever your foot is in it, the transmission won't shift until it senses the rev limiter kicking in and then upshifts the trans. It may sound strange, but it works. Track times will have to be forth coming. I'll probably get out to the track in the next week or two, and will report the numbers then.

Supersnake: #12 twice? The best way that I could address your question is by just stating that I am blessed to have great, no, awesome friends. That's really the bottom line, and saying more would not be appropriate.

Joe MC: I was initially reluctant to order the car with the Automatic, but now that I have it, I have absolutely no regrets that I did. I decided to go with the Automatic Transmission on this car because I knew that the SGT would be my "Pro Touring" type car, and that my 500 would assume the roll of being my track / "twisty road" manual transmissioned 725 H.P. SS "nasty" car. One car for "crusing the smooth", and one car for "brusing the twisty's". But I will tell you that after SAI got though modding the SGT, the Automatic transmisson does not take one thing away from the performance of this car.

Great to be blessed with great friends, They did you well and I have no doubt you deserve it

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures:

2007_05_16_001.JPG 2007_05_16_002.JPG

2007_05_16_003.JPG 2007_05_16_004.JPG

2007_05_16_005.JPG 2007_05_16_006.JPG

2007_05_16_007.JPG 2007_05_16_008.JPG

2007_05_16_009.JPG 2007_05_16_010.JPG

2007_05_16_012.JPG 2007_05_16_013.JPG

In case you may be wondering, the wheels are incorrect for this car. The wheels pictured were ordered for my GT500, but AR could not get the silver wheels for the SGT done until today. And because I needed to get the car rollling after SAI moded the brakes, I installed the Gunmetal 40th's on this car for now. It doesn't look that bad per se, but the silver wheels will look even better. The upper and lower grilles are/were supposed to be changed too. The S H E L B Y mesh grilles I requested will be in later and I will install them myself when they come in.

Very nice photos. Did you get the S H E L B Y lettering on it yet?

• 4 weeks later...
Very nice photos. Did you get the S H E L B Y lettering on it yet?

Hi there son of gt AWSOME CAR AND I LIKE THE SUPERCHARGER ALSO. YOU HAVE YOUR STUFF TOGETHER I WISH I COULD AFFORDED THW SS PACKAGE ,BUT I WILL BE HAPPY WITH THE GT 500 FOR FACTORY MAYBE A LITTLE MODES HAVE NICE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived