TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT500 Production coming to an end

DubbsFaris

I have it on good authority-

All orders have been called in, and it will no longer be possible to get an allocation. Production is scheduled to end in the next couple weeks with balance out and end of production before the holidays.

If you want a 2013-2014 GT500, you better start looking very soon. I have seen a couple good deals in the past couple weeks, so be diligent and make a dealer think you are their only chance at a sale before A. the NEW mustang comes out, B. The winter when no one can drive a Shelby anyway. If they come back at you with "Well, this is the last Shelby", tell them to pick up the latest issue of Car and Driver and show how the GT500 will still be built and how they will be mothballing their inventory of old Shelbys since everyone will want the NEW one.

(However, word is there will not be a 2015 GT500, and the new S550 wont even hold the 5.8 anyway despite what the article says)

Its only fair that the same tactics dealers have been profiting on us over the last 7 years finally might work to the favor of a buyer.

Good luck everyone. If you are on the fence on this, I'll just say its the best decision I have ever made to get it. I rank it right there with buying my Raptor. I drive them both daily.

Based on your above info, when do you expect accurate MY2014 production #'s to be available ? ( it usually takes till the following April )

I would imagine SVT build sheets to be available on the same timeline as previous years, but is there something you were specifically trying to find out? I can get total numbers built in the next week or two, coupes and verts. Currently, 2014 will be around 5500 total projected, give or take, and total 2013-14 production less than 10k, far less than any other GT500 Iteration. Good news for owners if the 5.8 Trinity is indeed coming to an end, which we fully expect. (despite what Car and Driver reports)

Or you can just ask Madlock who does a much better job updating everyone on SVTPerformance since you are a member there as well. LOL

I would imagine SVT build sheets to be available on the same timeline as previous years, but is there something you were specifically trying to find out? I can get total numbers built in the next week or two, coupes and verts. Currently, 2014 will be around 5500 total projected, give or take, and total 2013-14 production less than 10k, far less than any other GT500 Iteration. Good news for owners if the 5.8 Trinity is indeed coming to an end, which we fully expect. (despite what Car and Driver reports)

Or you can just ask Madlock who does a much better job updating everyone on SVTPerformance since you are a member there as well. LOL

Looking to find out how many cars like mine were built. ( Base coupe, SGM / red stripes, glass roof, Recaros ) I expect not many, & will have to wait till next April to find out for sure.

Most buyers ordered highly optioned builds, dealers usually order high option stock. Looking @ the posts on several websites, high option cars were the norm.

My 2011 MY was " 1 of 2 " with ( 1 ) option ( base model, black/red stripe ).

k92x.jpg

• 3 months later...

Disappointing news.... I called SVT yesterday about the production numbers for the 2014 MY that was scheduled to be released on Feb. 28th. No such luck. It has been delayed 4 to 6 weeks. The factory has not given SVT the production numbers yet to SVT, and SVT will need 2 weeks to verify the numbers with their data. The wait will continue.

Disappointing news.... I called SVT yesterday about the production numbers for the 2014 MY that was scheduled to be released on Feb. 28th. No such luck. It has been delayed 4 to 6 weeks. The factory has not given SVT the production numbers yet to SVT, and SVT will need 2 weeks to verify the numbers with their data. The wait will continue.

So, the 2014 MY #'s will be available about the same time they are available every year..................mid April.

All good things must come to an end. There will be plenty of used '13 and '14 cars available in the near future if anyone missed their opportunity... and for less.

What do you want to know? We have a member that has already broken down production numbers and I KNOW his numbers are exact.

I want to know what a spread sheet can't tell me, how many cars like mine were built ? ( base coupe, SGM / red stripe, glass roof, Recaros )

A document to verify this information. Ford has this information & should make it available to the consumer, which are willing to pay for it.

I want to know what a spread sheet can't tell me, how many cars like mine were built ? ( base coupe, SGM / red stripe, glass roof, Recaros )

A document to verify this information. Ford has this information & should make it available to the consumer, which are willing to pay for it.

They do. Its made available every March-April for the previous year. If you want to know specifics ahead of that, well, that's what we have tried to provide.

• 4 weeks later...

Just lifted the 2014 production stats from the SVT Performance website...here they are:

2014MYPRELIMS_zps7653ad4f.jpg

My stripes look grey. Are they considered black in the production numbers or delete and then added by, perhaps, the dealer?

Thank You ThomasL. I've seen a lot of white stripes and a few red, but no grey stripes. I was wondering if the dealer may have gotten a car with delete stripes and just added the grey stripes. Matte finish explained it. Thanks again.

Looking at the stripes in your picture, it appears the are the matte black. Matte black has thousands of shades. Yours appear consistent with all the matte black stripes I've seen. I tend to think they are the factory stripes.

I failed to mention the color combo looks Stunning ! Beautiful car !

(However, word is there will not be a 2015 GT500, and the new S550 wont even hold the 5.8 anyway despite what the article says)

I'm on the Lethal Performance mailing list and just got their last one regarding the release of the Whipple 2.9L kit for the 2015 Mustang.

They're saying 700 HP with the 5.0L so I don't see ANY reason to want or need a 5.8L engine for a GT500. With the lighter platform and 700 HP (and to top it off, indy rear suspension/IRS), it's gonna SCREAM.

Phill

Nice color choice! And since they look a lot like mine on the same paint color, they're almost certainly stock. Welcome to the 1/100 club :)

thanks. nice to meet you 1/100. 2 down and 98 to go. K.

I'm on the Lethal Performance mailing list and just got their last one regarding the release of the Whipple 2.9L kit for the 2015 Mustang.

They're saying 700 HP with the 5.0L so I don't see ANY reason to want or need a 5.8L engine for a GT500. With the lighter platform and 700 HP (and to top it off, indy rear suspension/IRS), it's gonna SCREAM.

15 stock IRS will not be able to handle that kind of HP :(

Phill

Archived