TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finding a GT-H, Hertz hood in white

Yeah, they sold out fast. I remember they were available in like July??, and within no time...gone! No other source had them to my knowledge, and nobody is replicating them. The fitment on the CS6/CS8 hoods was "meh", just fyi. Give it time, they'll probably pop up again. And if they do, hopefully the next batch have no issues.

I have one in white! Of course, it's the white gel-coat that they come with, you would have to do your own prep and paint. I thought I would put it on my SGT, but due to mods, it won't fit! Where in the South Atlantic region are you located?

Sam

If you have the Kenne Bell, it will NOT fit - unless you've also added lower engine mounts and k-member, then it might!

Another way of looking at it is if you can use the stock Ford Racing strut brace, then the hood should fit.

North of Atlanta eh? You're up there in Andy's territory!

Sam

Just to be clear, the Hertz hood that could be purchased from Shelby comes UNFINISHED! (like the one I have for sale) That is, it comes with a white gelcoat - it's close, but does not match Performance White! Unless you purchase a hood that's already been painted and striped, you'll have to do this yourself!

Sam

I'm wanting to get a deep draw hood as used on the hertz cars.

Anyone have one for sale?

The hood that came on the Hertz cars was not called a deep draw hood. The deep draw hood was the functional vented hood which came on the Terlinguas.

Hmmmm.. Funny how I started this thread in hopes of finding a GT-H hood that I could paint and re stripe for my 07 white/ silver Shelby GT, found someone with one to sell discussed making a deal, then someone else with a car like mine slips in and buys it before I can respond to his offer to me. Nice, guys.... Real nice...

Hmmmm.. Funny how I started this thread in hopes of finding a GT-H hood that I could paint and re stripe for my 07 white/ silver Shelby GT, found someone with one to sell discussed making a deal, then someone else with a car like mine slips in and buys it before I can respond to his offer to me. Nice, guys.... Real nice...

If you are still serious, yes, I will sell the hood to you as you were first in line! I hadn't heard anymore from you so I assumed you were done!

Phillip, my apologies, - hold off a minute and let me see what transpires!

Sam

art4tees,

If I misread your intentions, you have my apologies! When you stated you had the Whipple/Kenne Bell S/C, I assumed you were passing on the purchase because of the additional modifications it would require to make the hood fit! (As I said, this is a very nice piece of fiberglass work and it would be a shame to cut it - so it's either that or add a lower k-member, motor mounts, or more)

For the benefit of anyone interested, I've got the dates/times people have contacted me on the hood on record. (Next in line is Phillip87, followed by Jwestercamp)

No worries or hurt feelings! What do you say art4tees - deal or no deal?

Sam

Thanks Sam, but I can't get the info I need at this time so go ahead and sell to Phillip. I will find one at a later time. Have enough going on with adding new CS40 silver/black wheels and tires this upcoming week.

Thanks again and I'll see you on the forums.

Laer

Thanks Sam, but I can't get the info I need at this time so go ahead and sell to Phillip. I will find one at a later time. Have enough going on with adding new CS40 silver/black wheels and tires this upcoming week.

Thanks again and I'll see you on the forums.

Laer

Roger that!

Onward!

Sam

Archived