TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Aluminium Strut Tower Brace

Shelby Nick

My neighbor has a contact at a local machine shop who did the work. I am sure it was a large machine that he had to program to do the cutting. Ther was a lot of numbers written on it.I sat the brace on the car and marked where to trim. It fit over the blower but not over the intake. I had to take it back twice to take a little more off. I found out that I needed to tighten it because it pulls it down closer to the intake. The front part of the brace was ok, it is the back where you have take a little more off. We ended up using a hand grinder on the back of it to make sure I had enough clearence. Looking at it it's hard to tell because most of the work is done on the bottom and back side. It looks good but I am sure it is not as rigid as it once was.

Nick

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So you never had to drop the engine at all? I still have my Shelby tower strut TASCA removed it when they did the Shelby SC upgrade I will look into it thanks. Not sure how the profile/height of the Ford Whipple compares to the one on your car, but I really like the look great job.

Mike

So you never had to drop the engine at all? I still have my Shelby tower strut TASCA removed it when they did the Shelby SC upgrade I will look into it thanks. Not sure how the profile/height of the Ford Whipple compares to the one on your car, but I really like the look great job.

Mike

Hello Mike, please share your findings as I have a whipple as well and would like to see if a strut tower brace will work for me with my deep draw hood.

• 8 months later...

What about adding a custom made spacer to go on top of the shock tower? Looks like there is a 1/4" or less that is in the way of the intake. No cutting or lowering needed.

Archived