TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drilled and Slotted Rotors

THXCHS

Looking for some recommendations for my 2010 GT500. I would also like to upgrade the brakes. Probably just the pads. Motivation is both looks and performance. Not too worried about cost but don't want the most expensive option.

Thanks

I have AP Racing on all four corners. Mine are drilled and slotted. While I have not heard of anyone say the AP Racing drilled rotors suffer from cracking, I have heard it about other brands. For pure performance, go with slotted rotors and forget the cross drilling. As for looks, there is no denying drilled and slotted look the best. With brakes you get what you pay for. If you track your car, remember the old saying that a driver headed into the first turn after a long straight away never wishes he/she had less brakes. Get as big a brake kit as you can afford, get big brakes on all four corners, and you will then have brakes that can slow your car as fast as your monster motor can push it faster. That's my two cents. Other's experiences may vary.

Jim

Duralast Cmax pads have been great for DD use and occasional HPDE days. Much less dust compared to stock pads. Still on stock rotors, but planning to upgrade to drilled/dimpled and slotted in the next several months. Eyeing a set from TPS Motorsports.

BTW, I'd recommend you flush your brake lines with some good DOT4 or DOT5.1 (not 5) brake fluid when getting the brakes worked on . Makes a big difference in heavy braking applications like road courses, etc. Pretty easy to do while the tires are off and working on new pad and rotors.

Archived