TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What color is it....someone knows ??

1 Alibi 2

The red stripes on my 2011 are Colorado red, ( Torch red ), paint code D-3. If I wanted to buy pre-painted parts, the D-3 paint code allows me to do so.

The red stripes on my 2014 are " Medium red ". After contacting Ford customer service, and them contacting their SME, ( subject matter expert ), they tell me:

1. There is no paint code for the 2014 red stripes.

2. The color code for these red stripes is " R ".

3. They will not give contact info for their tape stripe supplier.

...........One wouldn't think it was that hard of a question.

I also asked what color blue is used on the cam covers, 2011 thru 2014, & got contact SVT..

Somebody knows this stuff...................who ??

9m6z.jpg

The stripes are a painted vinyl and I think your dealer is correct - there isn't a paint code for them because they cannot be repaired, only replaced.

They are manufactured by Kay Graphics in Lake Orion, Michigan.

http://www.kayautomotive.com/index2.html

Love that color combination by the way. :love_shower:

Thanks so much for the mfg. info, I will contact them......................" They " know what color red it is.

as funny as it sounds, when you call Ford....chances are whoever you get on the phone to knows the LEAST about your car, vs. someone else whom you might ask that same question. I'm being serious. A friend of mine (yeah, I'm throwing him under the bus a little lol) was a marketing exec at Ford, and prior to that, worked within the brand's truck/SUV division. We were talking cars, and I was surprised at what he couldn't recall. Still, he's great at his job....but just don't ask him trivial car facts.

But that aside, it's easy to color match those colors. After all, I've seen manufacturers make slight changes to an in-production color, but not change its color code. I had a car that was a shining example...factory touch up paint wouldn't match, not because the car faded or anything, but simply because the car wasn't the same hue.

I was able to contact the stripe manufacturer and they are willing to make a special run of "race red" for my 2011 SVTPP equipped Shelby. I have a black mamba hood and the stock stripes are too short. I have looked at every sample red color from 3M, Avery, Oracal, ect... None of them match. The factory stripe is such a unique red.

That being said, they will only print a minimum of 12 sheets. Each sheet is 24" x 60", with the total cost being $2,200. I am seriously considering having them make the run, however, I would like to know if anyone would be interested in purchasing some of the sheets from me. I am not trying to make any money off of these and only recoupe my cost. It breaks down to $183.33 per sheet and with shipping I figure $200.00 per sheet. If anyone is interest, please PM me.

Archived