TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raffle for a 2009 Shelby Mustang GT 500 KR

Rattlesnake

From Monroe Michigan come the annual Monroe Catholic Elementary Schools 2013 Grand Christmas Raffle.

Tickets are 100 dollars each or Five for 450.00 ... Winning ticket to be drawn on December 5th at 7 pm.

Need not be present to win.

One grand Prize winner

A New Untitled 2009 Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500 KR or 25,000 in Cash.

If 1000 tickets are not sold, the drawing will have a single grand prize of $10,000.

State of Michigan raffle license # R23851

Your car raffle ticket will be mailed to you. Your name and number are recorded at the MCES Executive Director's Office

Mail your check or credit card info with your name, complete address and a phone number to :

MCES Grand Christmas Raffle

510 West Front St.

Monroe Mi. 48161

I will attach a picture of the car.

It has not been dealer prepared... It is silver with blue stripes and a black interior. All window stickers are still attached..

I intend to buy a ticket but I am not affiliated with the dealer or the schools holding the raffle.

Just wanted to post this information in case anyone might be interested in a shot at this very clean car.

post-36691-0-61552800-1382754715_thumb.jpeg

post-36691-0-61552800-1382754715_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

FYI-I just spoke with a very nice lady at the elementary school. She said as of today, they had between 550-600 tickets sold. They are very close with 2 weeks to go. Looks positive they will give the car away.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update to the raffle, I returned a couple of days ago to inquire about the raffle.

They sold enough tickets and a local lady won the raffle and took the GT 500 KR.

She has two kids in the elementary school program.

I was told her name but don't remember that now. Wow what a prize..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, time for an update to an update.... The young lady who won the raffle has changed her mind and as of yesterday she took the 25,000 payout instead of the car.

Guess the car is still at the dealership. I was told the owner of the dealership turned down 60 K for this car a year ago. Wonder what he will sell it for now. Guess i should check this out further.

Wow, why would she do that? She could have sold it on the open market for $45k. I would have easily given her $35k. Well, at least the school really benefited from this. I am sure this car will show up again somewhere soon.

Wow, why would she do that? She could have sold it on the open market for $45k. I would have easily given her $35k. Well, at least the school really benefited from this. I am sure this car will show up again somewhere soon.

Most likely, she found out what the Taxes & Fees would be and didn't have the Money to cover it. Very few Raffles (very few) will also give enough money to cover the Taxes and Fees. Just curious, when you WIN a Car in a Raffle, does that change the amount the Taxes will be?

I think JNF is correct. I heard from a salesman that after the winner talked to a financial person about the car, she decided she was further ahead without all the taxes she would have to pay.

TESGT350 is also correct, the raffle did not provide for taxes. I never thought about it either... But I still wish I had won. If I locate the car or hear of it in another raffle I will certainly post it here.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes to everyone for the holiday.

Archived