TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for better sound.....

TNTchris

I have an 07 SGT with the an Whipple 550 upgrade. I also have the Borla axle back "S" type exhaust. I am looking for a better sound, a more 70's muscle car sound with some rumble. The problem is that I know with the SC upgrade I am getting close to maxing this 4.6 liter V8 out. I do not track the car and it is not my daily driver. I am not looking for anymore performance out of the car just merely the perfect exhaust note to "my" ears. Any recommendations that would not stress the engine out anymore more? I am afraid with putting Ford Racing cams or Borla long tube headers I would be pushing the limits of my engine? Thanks for your help!

TNTChris

Check out the Magnaflow MagnaPack 3" cat-back exhaust.

Jer

Call Alex MacKenzie at MacKenzie Mustang Supply in Palm Springs California......he has a custom exhaust with a great sound, no drone.

You wont be disappointed.

Agree that the sound with Alex's MMS axle backs is really great

Had them on my SGT with e-Force but there was drone around 1800 rpm, with 3.55 gears that was around highway speed 65ish, which drove me nuts (short trip) so I went another direction

I think Michael is running 4.10s which at highway speeds would be above 1800 rpms & no drone

Or maybe the exhaust sound waves which cause the resonation & drone with a Whipple on the 4.6 are different than the e-Force

Yes, I am running 4.10s with my whipple.......hwy speeds are around low 2000s to 2500 rpm.......70-80 mph........

I want to drive on your hwy :)

Our local stretch of I-5 has a posted speed of 60 and our local detachment of Washington State Patrol patrol & enforce it daily

My GT/SC had the factory manifolds ported and cermic coated and a custom offroad pipe installed and it sounds awesome with the stock SGT mufflers. No drone and a nice sound at idle but really wakes up when you get in the throttle. This winter I'm going to swap the KR mufflers off my wife's SGT and see if it can sound even better.

Mark

Archived