TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need an assist...from Afghanistan

Cobra 6

Hello ALL,

Alright, here's the down/dirty.

I'm stationed in Germany...won a slot for a 2014 Shebly through ENCS (Exchance New Car Sales). Picked it up 19 Aug, two weeks before I left for my deployment (Afghanistan). When I took delivery of my Shelby, I noted two discrepancies.

One: the delivery guy scraped up my front fascia on both sides pretty bad.

Two: both driver/passenger door sills have, what appears to be "air bubbles" under the surface of the sill. They are small, about pea sized but nevertheless noticeable.

Now the issue and hopefully where someone will chime in and give me some solid input/advice.

The rep at ENCS insists he told me that I needed to bring my Shelby into the dealership so they can see the issues, before the orders parts...which is straight up :censored:'n BS...I was NEVER told this.

Now, the Technical/Warranty Representative (ENCS) has assured me that the delivery company will pay for the bumper and they will in turn order the new fascia. I'm giving them till middle of next week to rectify/confirm.

As far as the doors sills are concerned, they are claiming that I MUST bring in my Shelby to the dealership so that a "US authorized dealer can see/verify with pictures to their Ford Headquarters in Koln (Germany) to get authorization to order the parts".

Does this sound right??

I cannot (obviously) take my Shelby into a dealership, I'm in Afghanistan and won't return till the Spring. I do not have someone that can drive my car there nor do I feel/think that I need to burden someone w/that responsbility. Not to mention, my Shelby is storage insured and winterized for storage.

This whole deal is far beyond my fault and my control, I am just having an extremely hard time believing that the only way these parts can get ordered is by having to physically bring the car into a dealership.

Anyone have any thoughts, inputs, advice or matter of fact info that supports this as absolute BS?

Thx!

Cobra

In regards to your sill plates, it sounds like the protective plastic coating hasn't been peeled of yet. This is normally done during the PDI process.

Steve

If by the protective plastic coasting, you are referring to the plastic "tape" that's placed over key interior parts of the car...it's removed.

UPDATE:

After many calls from Afghanistan to Germany and many "passinoate" emails sent to the tech/warranty guy in Germany; the parts are being ordered now.

Thanks to all that responded!

/r

Cobra

• 2 weeks later...

Those sills...i had the same problem with mine on the driver side. (I ordered in through ENCS as well, not that that has anything to do with it, but just something in common). Is kinda weird, like it's peeling from the bottom or something. I thought the same thing when i first saw it (that it was just a protective covering still needing to be removed, but nothing is on there!)

I took it in to a dealer and they ordered a new one no problem. Took like a week to come in. That air divider on the bottom I've had to replace as well, and it's super easy just so you know. Just keep the new one in the plastic till you can install it.

I'm in BAF. Not sure where you are at. Here till mid Jan.

Those sills...i had the same problem with mine on the driver side. (I ordered in through ENCS as well, not that that has anything to do with it, but just something in common). Is kinda weird, like it's peeling from the bottom or something. I thought the same thing when i first saw it (that it was just a protective covering still needing to be removed, but nothing is on there!)

I took it in to a dealer and they ordered a new one no problem. Took like a week to come in. That air divider on the bottom I've had to replace as well, and it's super easy just so you know. Just keep the new one in the plastic till you can install it.

I'm in BAF. Not sure where you are at. Here till mid Jan.

Thanks for the response.

Very weird indeed. I'll stay on top of the Rep and make sure I get those parts in, I save all my emails and will have NO problems throwing his back in his face if they don't come through as promised!

I'm on BAF as well...455 EBDS. Here till Apri.

Archived