TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Little Help On My New 2014 Shelby

Footeg35

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, but if not, can someone direct me to the right spot? I have two questions:

1. I'm getting brighted all the time on my headlights when they are not on bright. Can someone tell me how to adjust them so I can get people to stop brighting me?

2. How do you turn off the beep that happens everytime you hit 3,000 RPMs. I'm guessing that is the you need to shift beep, but it is annoying as hell.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Gary I have a 2014 and dont have this problem at all with the headlights or the beep. The beep thing if im correct happens for the first 50 starts. Its part of the break in I think I remember reading this in the supplimental but I could be wrong.

I get flashed every single morning and evening in my 2013 Roush with HID's. It's starting to be a real pain. Let me know if you hear of anything. I drive a two lane road in the dark every morning and most evenings and get flashed at least twice a day. I got hit 4 times just this morning, so they are definitly bright. And yes, my brights are not on! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

It sounds like someone set your shift indicator at 3,000 RPMs. I own a 2010 Shelby but I'm sure you can adjust the beeping sound or disable it completely (including the SVT light located in the center of the RPM gauge). You need to reference your SVT owners manual to locate where you can alter this setting. Its a super quick fix if you know where to look. Personally I have mine set to beep 300 RPMs before redline. I don't track my car but its useful for times I'm at WOT on the highway.

Congrats on your new Shelby. I've got a 2014 also. The beep at 3000 rpm is adjustable. You can set the shift indicator for audio or visual (the SVT lights up). Like kawwy600 said its in the SVT manual. There's a lot of stuff in there that my dealer didn't go over. In particular, the Launch Control is neat.

• 2 months later...

Hey, they're just bright lights. I was cruising a black top last night with no traffic and you can see a definite difference between Hi and Low beam. As for the audible shift indicator, yes totally adjustable through the settings menu. I'm sure you have figured that out by now. I have only had my 2014 for two weeks now and it was annoying me as well.

Jeff

Do you flicker the high beams just to show them? I did it after I got flashed twice turned out to be a cop. He was not amused and I told him he'd done it twice and to go ahead and write me a ticket because doing it once is even illegal and that the judge wouldn't be amused at him doing it twice. He left because he couldn't write for anything else

Archived