TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Plate Bracket for Shelby GT (No drilling required!)

Here is a link to the pictures I took when I added the front bracket for my plates. Let me know if anyone still has questions. I didn't have to put my car on jack stands. I used a fine Sharpie pen to mark the holes for the screws. The screws I used were what hold the rock deflector (directly underneath the radiator) and the bottom of the bumper. Just get a flashlight and look for them. I simply cut the aluminum the same width as the plate, removed the screws in the lower bumper, marked the aluminum, drilled the aluminum, attached the plate to the aluminum, and screwed it back together. I used the wing nuts to attach the plate to the aluminum bracket for easy removal/cleaning. I am sure regular machine nuts will do the trick. Again I have not had any problems last summer or this winter with the location of the plate here. I drove 2.5 hours to K.C. to a show and had no problems in 100 degree heat. Hope this helps. Again I have no idea if this will or will not work with added grills or lights. All of the parts were found at Lowe's.

I have the bracket and the lower grill/driving lights. You can make the bracket work with the lower grill without much of a problem. However, removing it for car shows, etc. will take a little more time since you have to access the rear of the lower grill by removing the lower “shield.” After running the car with the front plate I have decided to take my chances and have removed it. The front plate really distracts from the appearance of the car. But, I suppose if I get nailed I will be reinstalling it.

BLD MOVS i like your idea. Just one question, how dos it attach to the car??

thanks!

See post 32, but the 2 screws that come from the factory that hold the rock deflector and the very bottom of the plastic bumper are taken out, then simply ran back where they come out of then go through the piece of aluminum that holds the plate. Does that make sense?

Archived