TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked my GT500 up last week in Kentucky

Special thanks to the assistance from 1badsho (DonD), Shelby Dude (John), and cobrajet (Jamie).

I picked it up Wednesday in Western Kentucky with 5.1 miles on it. We took some pics, signed the papers, then I pulled it out of the show room. I took it out onto the main road and layed into it, nothing. I knew that it took some miles and/or key cycles for boost to come on, just like 03/04 Cobras. After a few more miles I got some boost. I drove a customers car about 6 months ago, and I forgot how quick they really are even stock.

Red/white with the only options being sirius radio and GT500 trim package. I have been seriously looking for about 3 weeks. A very small Ford dealer had ordered the car for a local customer, it finally came in last week. The car took so long that the original customer no longer wanted it (he bought a Vette, don't hate, I seriously considered it). I payed a premium for it $51,000+++, but still feel I got a decent deal.

pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

pickup3.jpg

Yes that is a VMP X2 plugged into it on the showroom floor. Should be call it a GT575 now?

I drove it 200 miles from KY to TN where I was staying with a friend. Then packed it up and trailer it the 650 miles back to Florida.

pickup4.jpg

Everyone is wondering what my plans are for it. I will definitely make it faster than my V6. I will be doing a VMP tune, VMP intake, and 2.6 pulley this week. Then it's time to think about blower swaps. Eventually a TT kit will be in order. Sometime inbetween I am thinking about 3.73s and a driveshaft.

Justin .... congratulations and am really happy for you !... Really a beautiful car and welcome to the GT500 family once and for all !!

Glad the transaction went as smooth !

Yes that is a VMP X2 plugged into it on the showroom floor. Should be call it a GT575 now?

LOL...Justin, you rock! I bet the salesmen were like, "WTF???"

Congrats on the sweet ride! Look forward to seeing it Saturday.

I just came across this thread. Congrats to you on the car and the rest of us for the tunes that will be coming from you owning the car :D

I am very happy for you - Wish I knew you were that close - I can skip to KY in a few hours from Indy.

Chris

Congrats Justin!

...and you got the right color as well!

/Nick

PS Got any tips for me on a tune that will work for the KB-kit AND Kooks headers that won't set the "check engine" light on?

Hey, thanks.

Drop me an email and I'll see what I can do. Justin@VMPTuning.com

Archived