TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Crazy (my mother had me tested)

jsimmons

On a completely unrelated note, I was on my way home yesterday from the shop when I passed a house in my neighborhood. Parked out front, were a 1969 AND 1970 Boss 302s, along with a 1966 GT-350. I braked so hard that I made tire smoke (much to the amusement of the guys that owned the cars), and backed up so I could enter their driveway. The Boss cars were stock (and beautiful). The GT-350 was kinda rough (but was gorgeous in spite of itself), and it had a dual-quad intake (with dual Holley's) on a trans-am (?) intake. While I was sitting there talking to the owners, a guy with a Boss 429 on a trailer pulled in, and we all sat there shooting the breeze for an hour or so. It's been a long time since I was surrounded by that much Ford muscle all at the same time. It was pure heaven.

Ok, this sound eerily simular to a story told to me by a young private many years ago about a camping trip he went on (alone of course) where during his trek into the mountains of California he came across a man camping alone who was none other than Chuck Norris. As they traded knowledge of advanced fighting techniques, who shows up but Bruce Lee (years after his death of course) at which point they all worked out as he earned Chuck and Bruces respect. He didn't have any pictures either (something about his cell phone batteries) (ok, I added that part) but the story about the story is true.

I have to say, when I first came across this thread (having just flipped through it) I thought, oh boy, another 17 year old with big ideas, 427 in a 2012 'stang, yeah right.... But I have to say this is one of the most entertaining and impressive threads/projects I have seen on T/S.

Well done sir!

BTW, It's 427 pm, lol.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this sound eerily simular to a story told to me by a young private many years ago about a camping trip he went on (alone of course) where during his trek into the mountains of California he came across a man camping alone who was none other than Chuck Norris. As they traded knowledge of advanced fighting techniques, who shows up but Bruce Lee (years after his death of course) at which point they all worked out as he earned Chuck and Bruces respect. He didn't have any pictures either (something about his cell phone batteries) (ok, I added that part) but the story about the story is true.

I have to say, when I first came across this thread (having just flipped through it) I thought, oh boy, another 17 year old with big ideas, 427 in a 2012 'stang, yeah right.... But I have to say this is one of the most entertaining and impressive threads/projects I have seen on T/S.

Well done sir!

BTW, It's 427 pm, lol.

Actually I'm real close to being 60, and thanks for the compliment. :)

I'm sure there were a lot of people thinking I was just blowin' smoke, and even now, people see the "427" badge on the car, and think some ricer owns the car (and one guy at work even admitted to it until I showed him the engine :) ). I love Fords, and especially Mustangs (even the new butt-ugly ones they came out with for 2015). Make sure you check out the Cars & Coffee videos I posted. The car sounds mean as hell, and when I go to car meets, people have a hard time resolving the engine/model year thing, and I can almost not leave because there as so many people standing around videoing the car. I think there are only half a dozen Mustangs in the world with a similar swap, and only three of them (counting mine) are street cars.

I don't think I mentioned it, but it's my daily driver too. :)

I saw where you said you write Code........ can you write Code for a Video Game? I have one I would like to do and it would be great if it can also be available as an App for Cell Phones.

I probably could - never done a video game before, or a mobile app, but at the same time, I'm also fairly well burnt out on being a programmer. I've been doing it for almost 35 years, and I'm quite frankly bored with the whole thing.

I probably could - never done a video game before, or a mobile app, but at the same time, I'm also fairly well burnt out on being a programmer. I've been doing it for almost 35 years, and I'm quite frankly bored with the whole thing.

OK, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Dyno results (Mustang in-ground dyno):

439 RWHP

454 RWTQ

Assuming a 15% parasitice loss through the power train, we're looking at 504 HP at the flywheel. With a different cam and intake, I could probably make close to 500 hp at the rear wheels.

Ok, this sound eerily ......

..........Well done sir!

That sounds like my friend in high school who told the story of how he raced a Lamborghini in his 1995 GMC truck that he stalled about four times a day on a 2 mile commute and he won. You can boil the teller off of the story and get the truth: he saw a Lamborghini one day. Or in your case the guy probably just saw some guy with a beard (not in the mountains). :hysterical:

Dyno results (Mustang in-ground dyno):

439 RWHP

454 RWTQ

Keep it going; you are already so far in you might as well, right?

Keep it going; you are already so far in you might as well, right?

Well, Im not out of money, but I have run the permission to spend money form SWMBO into the ground for now. Another intake, cam lifters, springs, and probably pushrods will run about $1500. To be honest, I have other priorities for the car right now:

0) New tires

1) A paintjob to freshen it up - 2-1/2 years of daily driving in Texas have taken a toll on it, and I want to get the stripes painted on

2) Upgrade to Wilwood breaks

3) Add a rear seat delete

4) Put a roll cage in it

5) Change over to racing seats.

That sounds like my friend in high school who told the story of how he raced a Lamborghini in his 1995 GMC truck that he stalled about four times a day on a 2 mile commute and he won. You can boil the teller off of the story and get the truth: he saw a Lamborghini one day. Or in your case the guy probably just saw some guy with a beard (not in the mountains). :hysterical:

Who was driving the Lamborghini, Chuck or Bruce?

I'm not sure, they were taking turns. Both were in the car of course though.

As for simmons; I can't really see defects in the paint, its a shame to hear it needs a new paint job already. My question: would you keep the colors?

The front is all rock chipped, and the roof mirror covers, door handles and side scoops all have rock chips. the stripes on the ront valance have really taken a beating as well. Yes, I will be keeping the same colors, and painting the stripes on instead of using vinyl.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I kinda expected this to happen - the OEM fuel pump died a quiet death. I guess running that pump at full-tilt all the time ain't exactly the best thing for it. :) I've ordered a Fore Innovations dual-pump return-style hat with Walbro pumps, and I should have that by today or tomorrow.

I also had this banner made to put in the car at car shows. It's Texas, Mustang, and patriotic all at the same time. :)

post-37991-0-08909500-1429194331_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got around to ordering a brembo upgrade. Instead of getting the FRPP kit which comes with stock rotors, I got calipers/sheild from ford, and lines/rotors/pads from American Muscle, and spent $100 less than the FRPP kit.

When I get the calipers, I'm gonna change them from dull gray to red.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived