TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I hit a #%%^%#% curb.

rba44

I had Mr. Wheel in Indianapolis, IN refurbish an Alcoa that had been damaged all over that I purchased. It had the Dura-brite finish. They did an excellent job and I couldn't tell that it had ever been repaired.

These are the guys I used with great results ( http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/). They have franchises everywhere.

I recently had a KR wheel that was damaged in delivery and I had this outfit look at the wheel. They said that they do not work on "Durabrite" finishes and they can do wonders with Alloy. They were afraid to touch the wheel because the durabrite finish is not a finish that they can repair. By the looks of the road rash on that wheel, it is going to be a very tough repair and costly. I would look for a replacement. Hopefully he bought 5 to have one for a spare.

I bought 5 just in case this happens.

My wife has a 2010 Ford Edge Sport with the factory 22" wheels (also dura-bright) and I swear she hits curbs for sport. I learned these are repairable so you should be fine. I just won't be spending the money on our Edge as it would be like throwing money right out the window.

These are the guys I used with great results ( http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/). They have franchises everywhere.

These are they guys, they do wheel repair for most OEM's that have a Tire and Wheel repair or replacement program. Some of us may even want to consider buying one of these policies for our cars because of the amount of road Debri out there. Good insurance for a small investment. After my cross country trip last April and a event with a ladder in the road I bought one, $329.00 for 4 years worth of protection, covers tire and wheel repair or replacement.

Archived