TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2005 Shelby CS8 Stage 2 on Ebay

Larry T

There was no such thing as a "CS8 Stage 2"... There was a "CS8 Turn 2", which included the Intercooled Paxton Supercharger. It appears that this is a Mustang GT with a CS6/GT-H hood and a "Stage 2" plaque that someone had made. This car is missing most of the special parts such as the Shelby produced grill, Shelby letter kit, this car has incorrect side scoops, and is missing a bunch of other parts that made the CS6 and CS8 special. The "hockey stick" Shelby side stripes are also missing. The side stripes, in my opinion, are what separate the Mustangs from the true CS6's and CS8's. The side stripes could not be ordered separately.

Still, the car looks nice and would be a nice daily driver. I prefer the rare Silver "deeper dish" razor wheels that were installed on the first CS6 and CS8 builds to the gray ones that are installed on this car - but the offset (40mm vs. 24mm if I can remember correct) of the gray wheels will probably be better for daily driving and will probably not kick up rocks as much as the wheels included on earlier builds. I just sold my CS8 a few weeks ago, however I would be happy to answer any questions via PM about these cars. It was my passion for about 6 years and the car I sold will be dearly missed.

There was no such thing as a "CS8 Stage 2"... There was a "CS8 Turn 2", which included the Intercooled Paxton Supercharger. It appears that this is a Mustang GT with a CS6/GT-H hood and a "Stage 2" plaque that someone had made. This car is missing most of the special parts such as the Shelby produced grill, Shelby letter kit, this car has incorrect side scoops, and is missing a bunch of other parts that made the CS6 and CS8 special. The "hockey stick" Shelby side stripes are also missing. The side stripes, in my opinion, are what separate the Mustangs from the true CS6's and CS8's. The side stripes could not be ordered separately.

Still, the car looks nice and would be a nice daily driver. I prefer the rare Silver "deeper dish" razor wheels that were installed on the first CS6 and CS8 builds to the gray ones that are installed on this car - but the offset (40mm vs. 24mm if I can remember correct) of the gray wheels will probably be better for daily driving and will probably not kick up rocks as much as the wheels included on earlier builds. I just sold my CS8 a few weeks ago, however I would be happy to answer any questions via PM about these cars. It was my passion for about 6 years and the car I sold will be dearly missed.

Yes it would look better with the CS8 grille and other parts ,,some of those parts are hard to get now ,, :thumbsup::camera:

002410-R1-08-17A.jpg

002410-R1-22-3A.jpg

002368-R1-11-11A.jpg

477555-R1-00-25A.jpg

477281-R1-26-00A.jpg

002410-R1-08-17A.jpg

002410-R1-22-3A.jpg

002368-R1-11-11A.jpg

477555-R1-00-25A.jpg

477281-R1-26-00A.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gif!B5E+0IQBGk~$(KGrHqF,!jEEyd8QJlnSBMsSJYhI-Q~~_12.jpgattachicon.gif339560_308819439170078_100001260743352_942832_1523227115_o.jpgattachicon.gifrcmc_037.jpgand I thought the CS8 came with the 2007-08 Shelby GT front bumper ,,not the Terlingua / CS6 front bumper ,,

The CS6 / CS8 had the same turn 1 exterior package including the fascia, only difference was the 8.8 rear end.

Turn 2 package was the same with the CS6 having the Novi 1200 sc and the CS8 having the Novi 2200 sc (I think is the correct series)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know, I really looked at that car, and it didn't seem to have all the parts anyway. The CS6 and CS8, with all the parts, are supposed to be affordable.

That's a myth, if you bought a few year old vehicle, bought the full turn 2 kit when they reduced the price, did all the installation, paint and body work yourself you might get away under $40k..

Including the cost of my new 2006 vert ($33k out the door), full turn 2 kit, freight, duty, brokerage, exchange rate, mechanical installation and body shop labour & paint I have approximately $65k in my CS6 which is probably the same type of investment Terlingua owners made but considering my 2010 GT500 was $67K I would not call the CS6 affordable.

With that being said, you have to remember when they introduced this 2006 vehicle at Sema 2005 they had not done a Mustang project in over 30 years and there was no mention of what was coming down the pipe so anyone like myself that jumped on this opportunity immediately spent a lot based on speculation only that this might be the only opportunity to get a modern day Shelby based vehicle.

You must have been furious when folks started driving away in their csm numbered pre-titled Shelby GTs for 40k!

wow, I never knew how much you guys had in those CS cars.........

It was very disappointing to say the least but the CS6 offered so much more in the way of performance and handling than the Shelby GT that it was still acceptable to spend the money.

You have to remember this kit had complete performance suspension including shocks, struts, springs, & front & rear sway bars, which also lowered the vehicle , big rotors front & rear, big calipers front, 8.8 rear end with 3:55 gears, new front fascia, new rear fascia, dual exhaust with upgraded mufflers, custom grill, Piaa lights, side scoops, custom hood (used on the Hertz cars),Shelby lettering front & rear, functional hood pin kit, custom graphic kit, Razor wheels, Novi 1200 SC kit, which boosted performance to 350 hp,

The tough one to swallow was the Terlingua which was essentially the same car but with a vented hood which the CS6 group complained about all along.

Shelby implemented everything they designed in the CS6 and even utilized some of the same parts but included a CSM number for the same type of money we spent on our CS6 vehicles.

I had many a heated debate with Amy over this issue and really was the death of the CS6 program.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I just so happened to stumble upon this thread yesterday afternoon. I've never been a member of any online forums, but I thought I would join and chime in as that is actually my car in the link. Mywickedshelby, you're absolutely right about me reevaluating what I thought the car was worth. It was hard to see the car level-out at such low prices when I easily have right around $50K in the car.

You guys are correct that there is no such thing as a "stage 2" CS6/CS8. This is a turn 1 car that I put my own "personal tweaks" on. I didn't even know there was a dash plaque available for full turn kit owners until around this time last year when I talked to ieson about how he sold his car. Unfortunately, the vendor that shelby used for those dash plaques would not make just one plaque at a reasonable price, but I was able to get a dash plaque with the vin engraved (the same thing they offer for the gt500 plaques right now) and an auto-pen signature.

I also had no idea how rare some of the CS6/CS8 parts are now. Luckily I saved most of the parts in my garage from the turn 1 kit and was able to put them on over the course of the winter. The car now has the correct side scoops, side stripes (cs6012), Shelby grille (cs6-009), PIAA driving lights (P-1000 Xtreme White), shelby letter kit and back plate, etc. The only thing I did not save was the CS8 bumper as it was too bulky to store. The car is in the registry as a genuine turn 1 and I have the certificate to show for that. I am really sorry if i disrespected any CS owners or any other shelby enthusiasts by having my own personal touches on such a rare vehicle. Now that I know how rare some of these parts are, I don't even want to take the car out and risk something happening to it! lol

Here's a picture of the car now:

James' CS8

It is now the way it was designed to be and I will be putting it on ebay soon incase anyone is interested or knows someone that might be. Hopefully putting the correct parts back on will get the bids where they need to be. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Thanks,

James

Thanks for your feedback, guys! If I have as much trouble finding a buyer as I did last year I will go to work tracking that bumper down! Hopefully I can find it a new home this time around, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a myth, if you bought a few year old vehicle, bought the full turn 2 kit when they reduced the price, did all the installation, paint and body work yourself you might get away under $40k..

Including the cost of my new 2006 vert ($33k out the door), full turn 2 kit, freight, duty, brokerage, exchange rate, mechanical installation and body shop labour & paint I have approximately $65k in my CS6 which is probably the same type of investment Terlingua owners made but considering my 2010 GT500 was $67K I would not call the CS6 affordable.

With that being said, you have to remember when they introduced this 2006 vehicle at Sema 2005 they had not done a Mustang project in over 30 years and there was no mention of what was coming down the pipe so anyone like myself that jumped on this opportunity immediately spent a lot based on speculation only that this might be the only opportunity to get a modern day Shelby based vehicle.

Well said!

Well said!

Hey Bill, nice to see you still drop by on occasion... hope all is well..

And yes, as you know only too well, there were only a select group of enthusiasts that saw these vehicles through to completion that can attest to the true reality of completion costs.

I have considered myself very fortunate to have met a total of 5 other owners all over North America over the past 7 years and that includes some of the largest events Canada and the USA have to offer.

• 1 year later...

You must have been furious when folks started driving away in their csm numbered pre-titled Shelby GTs for 40k!

wow, I never knew how much you guys had in those CS cars.........

So here's how this works. When you hit "quote" there is a box that comes up. Down below the shaded area in white there is a place where you get to type in your comments to the quoted box.

There will be a quiz.

• 2 years later...

Your pictured dash plaque is interesting. Typically when Carroll Shelby signed something while he was alive, in the horizontal swoop under his name he would put two short vertical bars through the horizontal swoop. The “auto penned” versions of his signature would have 3 short vertical slashes through the horizontal swoop. Your plaque appears to have 3 vertical bars. Do you know if  your plaque is an original hand signed or an auto penned version?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived